PDA

View Full Version : injector problem

SCHWARTZ
17-06-2010, 23:20
taking the engine apart yesterday to give it a nice well deserved clean up (hasnt run in over 2 years) and i couldnt remove the injectors. i de-presurised the system and they were still stuck so i pulled them out 2 came out with a slight struggle but 2 were stuck soild. eventually they came out but they fell apart as they did leaving the cap and the rubber seal in the head.:scared: I have got these bits out the head but im wondering if i just put the injectors back together will they just fall apart now that they have come apart?

Haz
17-06-2010, 23:33
i've re fitted them before. i cleaned mine, bit of wet and dry round the outer edge of the caps, fresh seals if perished or slack fit with a bit of fairy or grease to ease them in. just make sur the caps click on and dont pull off easy when fitted.

SCHWARTZ
18-06-2010, 18:34
thats the main thing im thinking of. the seals all look good no perishing but now the caps have come of once will they keem coming off as i dont want that. il give them a clean up put them back together and see how they feel. cheers haz