PDA

View Full Version : How long was your R5 up for sale?

kayzee
16-06-2010, 11:50
Hi... still searching for a R5 :ashamed: only been seven years now lol (6-12 months of real searching though)

Just posting because for the fourth time, today, I enquired about a car which went up for sale just a few hours ago, and it's sold! Already. I check here, ebay and Pistonheads every single day (and Renault5GTTurbo.com & Autotrader at least twice a week) but they seem to get snapped up so quickly I just don't get the chance!

I know I should expand my search further as I'm basically only looking at Essex and it's surround counties (as my current car is a heap and won't go far lol) I would consider pulling in a favour for a very special car.

Any other tips for me?

I'm getting more desperate now... I wanna do some summer trips/meets etc. in a damn R5! Argh :(

Shakes
16-06-2010, 11:58
i know that feeling bud, i was looking for one just a couple of months ago, the good once seem to sell like hot cakes, other than that i had people not answering the phone or getting back to me via email was a right headach.
you should put a add on pistonheads wanted in the renault 5 section i did this and had a few people call, also put a wanted on here and on http://www.renault5gtturbo.com
one will come up :agree:

Wallace
16-06-2010, 13:36
260mile round trip to get mine.........I got on the train for first part of the journey and drove the car back.

i'm surprised you say they go like hot cakes - everytime i look, i see the same cars being sold, then a month later back up for sale:scratch:

There are loads for sale on pistonheads????

Probably more down to your budget, and you've gotta be prepared to travel surely:scratch: espeacially if you want one that much????

There are some blinding cars being sold right now - and infact there not selling because of whats being asked for them!

philg
16-06-2010, 14:36
jim has a nice one up for sale.

phil

kayzee
17-06-2010, 11:24
Just looked at every single R5 within 100 miles from me. Am I being too fussy!?

Too expensive... different cars @ £3k, £2.5k, £3k, £3.2k, £3k, £4.5k, £2.5k, £2.2k (I would go up to this price but it's white! My worst colour for one unfortunately)

The ones that are in my price range (I'd like to keep it under £1.8k really but would extend further for the perfect motor)

2x Campus

4x need work doing... engine out of car, head gasket needed replacement, welding, general non-runners

1x phase 1

3x just too chavvy!

:(

My perfect R5 would be grey, black or a Raider (possibly red)
As close to standard as possible (though don't mind engine mods!)
Engine working in good condition
Couldn't care less about the cosmetics of a car
Around or below £2k as I've stated
Close to Essex
TAX & MOT obviously preferred, but I'd still consider purchasing without

Do I stand a chance? I'm not in any rush in one sense that I do have a car to get me to work atm, so this is why I'm waiting around for the perfect one to arrive (lost out on four 'perfect' ones already though as I said in my original post!)

Think I'm still bitter about loosing out on a Radier which was for sale for £900 just five minutes walk from my house :sad:

shaggy
17-06-2010, 11:30
why dont you see if rob still has this one http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=16254

and you will still have some money left over

HULK
17-06-2010, 12:05
IMO the 5 has become more of a wanted item in the last 12 months,

obviously hot hatches aren't the cheapest things to run but the gt turbo has pretty much every thing going for it to make it cheap as chips

mega cheap tax
cheap classic car insurance
good on fuel if standard
second hand parts on eBay for next to nothing

also they are probably one of the best 'tinkering under the bonnet' cars ever built

markey b
17-06-2010, 12:34
you can come up and buy my raider for £2k... taxed, tested on the road :laugh:

tonesGTT
17-06-2010, 16:30
Seems to me you've got to accept that, if you want a particular colour, in a particular condition for a fairly limited price and within a limited area... Its going to take time to find one bud im afraid.

dangerous dave
17-06-2010, 17:35
people do snap them up sometimes, even sheds.. it makes you rush out and buy any old cr@p as you just want one this side of xmas..

my first white one was offered to me so never for sale, then scrapped it.. i asked the guy who owned my black one to do a deal so wasn't for sale and i told the current owner if it was ever for sale let him know.. so one day i dropped it off and that was gone without even saying forsale..

my grey one was up a little while but had no interest as it was a project.. i spotted it and snapped it up:cool:

car.crash
17-06-2010, 19:34
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=15763

kayzee
18-06-2010, 10:26
you can come up and buy my raider for £2k... taxed, tested on the road :laugh:

Why the laugh? Am I dreaming lol...

Wallace
18-06-2010, 10:45
Seems to me you've got to accept that, if you want a particular colour, in a particular condition for a fairly limited price and within a limited area... Its going to take time to find one bud im afraid.

Agreed:agree:

Don't give up the hunt, there are lots about for sale..............and one will arrive!

For what it's worth, i never actually wanted a red one - but everything felt right except the colour so i compromised:agree:

Good luck anyway:agree:

zinc
19-06-2010, 15:09
My perfect R5 would be grey, black or a Raider (possibly red)
As close to standard as possible (though don't mind engine mods!)
Engine working in good condition
Couldn't care less about the cosmetics of a car
Around or below £2k as I've stated
Close to Essex
TAX & MOT obviously preferred, but I'd still consider purchasing without

Do I stand a chance? I'm not in any rush in one sense that I do have a car to get me to work atm, so this is why I'm waiting around for the perfect one to arrive (lost out on four 'perfect' ones already though as I said in my original post!)

Dude I have one that I am going to be selling very very soon, just trying to fix the play in the steering wheel and a few little bits. Although if you wanted to do these yourself, you could. ;)

My perfect R5 would be grey, black or a Raider (possibly red) - It's black
As close to standard as possible (though don't mind engine mods!) - Mine is pretty standard, has been lowered though and has an aftermarket exhaust
Engine working in good condition - Engine is pretty good, was the best sounding and the one that drove the best when I bought it, most of the work has been done on it by MarkyMark, recently took it on a Rolling Road and it only made about 125 because the bleed valve was not holding boost so that has been removed now (see the last thread created by me on here)
Couldn't care less about the cosmetics of a car - This is what lets mine down, the bonnet needs a respray but it has a brand spanking new OEM front bumper and grill
Around or below £2k as I've stated - It will be for sale for a fair bit less than £2k
Close to Essex Not near Essex but can deffo arrange something, I don't mind travelling
TAX & MOT obviously preferred, but I'd still consider purchasing without - Recent MOT with MarkyMark doing some welding on it so it is solid now, tax until end of July

List of new parts on the car which have only done about 400miles

Brake master cylinder
Radiator
Starter motor
Handbrake cables
New tyres all round
Spark plugs
Dissy cap (and rotor arm too I think)

Can't remember what else now but I do have all the receipts etc.

Also refurbed the front brakes and I think I shall service the carb too before selling.

Basically I've had it for years and lost interest so it's been sat in the garage for most of that time. :( It's now a pretty solid car but not perfect, bodywork lets it down but the price will reflect that. :agree:

If you are interested give me a shout! Can provide much more info if needed. Or ask Spooky and MarkyMark on here for some more info/ their opinion of the car.

It's good to hear that they get snapped up quick though, I was thinking I'd have to wait a while for it to sell!

kayzee
19-06-2010, 19:28
Thanks for the info mate, it sounds good!

I am however going to look at a members car tomorrow though... so I'll see how that one turns out first.

You'll have no problem selling :D

zinc
19-06-2010, 21:33
Cool, let me know if you want more info. :)

kayzee
20-06-2010, 21:55
I put a deposit down on it today mate, sorry about that! Gonna seem weird not looking for R5's for sale every day lol... more information and pictures after I've got it and given it a clean next weekend :agree: