PDA

View Full Version : Lights Shortening

benj88
15-06-2010, 17:44
Don't no how to properly explain this but it's realy anoying! I keep getting this problem were my drivers side light and rear light don't work but the rest do, iv had it lookd at a few times at garages they have cleand some things to get a better connection and replaced fuses but then out of no were it happens again, think it may need some re wireing?

scratcher
15-06-2010, 18:20
Mine kept doing this. It was a blown rear bulb, I think it was on one of the brake light bulbs. Didn't notice it at first :laugh:

benj88
15-06-2010, 18:37
Did it make the front side light not work either? Iv changed bulbs in the past and it dusnt change anything, il have to take it to an auto Electrition

scratcher
15-06-2010, 19:23
As far as I remember it made only one light work when it went, can't remember now if if was a front or rear one that stayed on. I was getting flashed by everyone on the way back from ace and had no idea why.

Changed the fuse and it was fine until I'd go over a bump and I can only assume the broken element would short out again?

benj88
15-06-2010, 20:27
As far as I remember it made only one light work when it went, can't remember now if if was a front or rear one that stayed on. I was getting flashed by everyone on the way back from ace and had no idea why.

Changed the fuse and it was fine until I'd go over a bump and I can only assume the broken element would short out again?

I don't no what's causing mine, it's weard how it's only one side but wen I change the fuse they stil don't work! So anoying

SCHWARTZ
15-06-2010, 21:05
the lights circuit are sided if a fuse blows the lights on one side wont work. A wire could have worn through somewhere where it passes through some bodywork and is shorting out.

benj88
15-06-2010, 21:14
the lights circuit are sided if a fuse blows the lights on one side wont work. A wire could have worn through somewhere where it passes through some bodywork and is shorting out.

There must be a worn wire somewere mate, think an auto Electrition will find it no bother?

SCHWARTZ
15-06-2010, 21:32
they charge the earth tho. Sure a little while checking wires and going round with a volt meter should be able to sort it your self.

Nick k
15-06-2010, 22:34
I would check the wire as it comes though the hole at the rear light cluster, under the headlight as it goes over the metal under the headlight unit, the bend under the carpet that goes up and though the rear door card ( Have you got a roll cage in??) and thats about it in regards to where wires might get damaged!! :crap:

benj88
15-06-2010, 22:57
I would check the wire as it comes though the hole at the rear light cluster, under the headlight as it goes over the metal under the headlight unit, the bend under the carpet that goes up and though the rear door card ( Have you got a roll cage in??) and thats about it in regards to where wires might get damaged!! :crap:

Hi mate, I don't have a roll cage, il have a look at that wire tomorow thanks