PDA

View Full Version : French car show 13/6/10

bobs5turbo
13-06-2010, 19:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I joined R.T.O.C in the middle of may when i finally finished my 5gtt after 4years and thought i will join a club meat new people and see what other great cars are around, so went for my first show at rockingham french car show, got there where do i go know one new were rtoc stand was ,driving around like a lemon, when finally sorted out i could see why there only 2 of us there :sad2: said hello to this bloke and asked if was a member,said yes ,wheres the rest, dont know and that was it, one or to others came but know one really chatted, hope this is not how it is, got there at 8 left at one very peed off,:mad: i hope there better ones than this.

bobs5turbo

Nick k
13-06-2010, 19:57
Sorry to hear this. The FCS is too be fair to it is "crap" I think because National Day is only 6 weeks ish away and we have just had Pod people are holding out for that. If you like chav's in saxo's then FCS is for you :D

Come to National Day my friend and you will be much happier with the turn out, Camp over too if you are into beer and burning pallets!!

minty83
13-06-2010, 20:10

I joined R.T.O.C in the middle of may when i finally finished my 5gtt after 4years and thought i will join a club meat new people and see what other great cars are around, so went for my first show at rockingham french car show, got there where do i go know one new were rtoc stand was ,driving around like a lemon, when finally sorted out i could see why there only 2 of us there :sad2: said hello to this bloke and asked if was a member,said yes ,wheres the rest, dont know and that was it, one or to others came but know one really chatted, hope this is not how it is, got there at 8 left at one very peed off,:mad: i hope there better ones than this.

bobs5turbo

hi bob.. this is exactly what happened last year and if you would have seen my posts on the other fcs thread you would have seen the advice to seek another stand because for some reason( well the shows not the best is the reason) it always a bad turn out. Iv just got back home the and will openly admit the show wasnt as good as last year but the track kept me busy:D
minty

JRP
13-06-2010, 20:28
Plenty other shows, thing is it falls after pod day, and before mallory....

dangerous dave
13-06-2010, 20:43
I don't know any Rtoc members that are interested in fcs, I never have and never will.

Rtoc days are better, less goons.

benj88
13-06-2010, 21:01

bobs5turbo

Hi Bob are you saying I'm ignorant because I did have a chat with you? Wouldn't realy class it as a club meet because everyone does there own thing, I was quite happy with the amount of 5s that were there it's just a shame they wernt all parked together, tryd talking to minty thought he was on rtoc stand but when I asked him if he was he said no and drove off lol, thought it was a pritty good even realy, spoke to ollie he was a cany lad

Shane P
13-06-2010, 21:30

i hope there better ones than this.

It's a shame you missed the POD day, we had lots of BBQing, camping, drag racing, big group photos, bonfires, tons of alcohol, Brigsy trying to beat the 'how many RTOCers can you fit in the back of a Turboed Extra van on the way to a toilet block' record, Adam L playing skittles with his 200sx, parts being bought and sold and generally a very good atmosphere :)

benj88
13-06-2010, 21:33
It's a shame you missed the POD day, we had lots of BBQing, camping, drag racing, big group photos, bonfires, tons of alcohol, Brigsy trying to beat the 'how many RTOCers can you fit in the back of a Turboed Extra van on the way to a toilet block' record, Adam L playing skittles with his 200sx, parts being bought and sold and generally a very good atmosphere :)

:agree: guna make sure I don't miss it next year

Nick k
13-06-2010, 21:43

You missed Big steve surfing on the roof of Brigsy's van on the way back from the toilets and then having to stop and reverse back as he lost one of his flip flops!! :D

RoboEK
13-06-2010, 22:09
I had a fairly good day at FCS today, apart from the mishaps with my cooling system deciding it was gunna make a 20ft fountain of antifreeze as soon as i pulled up. I was "working" on the Boostjunkies stand selling hoses and stuff and was really pleased with the amaunt of attention the 5 got there was loads of people coming up to me asking questions about it and i chated to a fue RTOC'ers up there, the one thing i found with the show that put me of is because of the "class" of car that is there alot of the people dont know anything about the cars there driving and will buy shiny bits but not proformance bits (the amount of stupid dump valve questions i got asked by saxo and 106 owners) but on the other hand there were a couple of cars that really suprised me like a very cool brown saxo, another with a K-series honda lump in the back and a very smooth 306 estate :ashamed:

I was also very suprised to see GT Turbos from France, Belgum and the netherlands all moded to a very high standerd, the EBS cabrio was smoooth.

But in responce to the original post, it works both ways if you see a RTOC sticker come have a chat. ;)

Shane P
13-06-2010, 22:44
You missed Big steve surfing on the roof of Brigsy's van on the way back from the toilets and then having to stop and reverse back as he lost one of his flip flops!! :D

:D

bobs5turbo
13-06-2010, 22:47

Hi Bob are you saying I'm ignorant because I did have a chat with you? Wouldn't realy class it as a club meet because everyone does there own thing, I was quite happy with the amount of 5s that were there it's just a shame they wernt all parked together, tryd talking to minty thought he was on rtoc stand but when I asked him if he was he said no and drove off lol, thought it was a pritty good even realy, spoke to ollie he was a cany lad

hi sorry dint mean to sound that way, just dint expext it to be like that , thaught loads of members turn up was looking forward to meet them,sorry again... bob

benj88
13-06-2010, 23:13

hi sorry dint mean to sound that way, just dint expext it to be like that , thaught loads of members turn up was looking forward to meet them,sorry again... bob

No problem bob I thought the same, I spoke to a few members but the 5s were dotted all over the place, Hopefully go to some meets or events that are rtoc related some time soon :agree:

minty83
14-06-2010, 10:40

Did I?? Never ment to sound that rude, I thought you asked if the stand that I was on and you were at was the Rtoc stand.. Then I think I was late for briefing or track.. Sorry :confused:

benj88
14-06-2010, 12:45
Did I?? Never ment to sound that rude, I thought you asked if the stand that I was on and you were at was the Rtoc stand.. Then I think I was late for briefing or track.. Sorry :confused:

Yes, I assumed you were looking for the rtoc stand so came over to help, but then you drove off and I lookd like a tit. No worries anyway

Ashy
14-06-2010, 12:51
It think I've been to 3 FCS's now, the first one at Brunters was a good turnout but since its been at Rockingham its been mega Poo. I don't find standing in a dusy gravel car park getting shot blasted all day good fun and all the cars that turn up are pimped up saxos.

xenon
14-06-2010, 22:13
no photographs of this event ? :ashamed:

Os8472
14-06-2010, 22:30
There's a few in general chat but here's the only one I took over the whole weekend :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/os8472/FCS2010trophey.jpg

Bass J
14-06-2010, 22:35
My clubclio stand had 20 odd cars :) was accross from the RTOC stand ..benj88 your 5 is mint!! :smokin::smokin: and robo EK i had a look round your 5 before the pipes were on ..said to my mate "erm he's missing a fair bit of pipes and a radiator" lol ...glad you got it sorted ..as it looks awesome on them wheels .

The french 5's looked awesome as per usual ...one of them had a gearbox problem..the french are nuts ...sunday nite they were over asking for my tools to replace 5th gear :laugh: and they were on their way this morning :smokin:

Good weekend ..show couldve been better me thinks ..i recon if they made it saturday and sunday ...saturday stunts and stuff ..sunday for track racing ..would be better me thinks :)

RoboEK
14-06-2010, 23:10
robo EK i had a look round your 5 before the pipes were on ..said to my mate "erm he's missing a fair bit of pipes and a radiator" lol ...glad you got it sorted ..as it looks awesome on them wheels .

When i was fixing the rad i over heard a couple of guys talking about my engine bay one of them said "why is the rad so small" pointing at the oil cooler and the other one replyed "its a race one so it dosnt need to be so big cus its more efficient" me and my mate burst out laughing.

One of the French guys came up to the stand asking if we coud get his thermostat out from the middle of his top rad hose cus he haddent ran a hose clamp on it, in the end i think he had to cut it out :ashamed:

benj88
14-06-2010, 23:19
Cheers bass j, yeh it was a good day I reken, I love that French 5 with the prima racing wheels, I mite invest in some of them wheels :D

Bass J
15-06-2010, 00:40
aye mines was the silver mk1 clio with the gt turbo engine in it ..white williams wheels ..blue half cage ..its a work in progress :)

and lol at the smaller radiator comment ...i did get countless questions of "what dumpvalve has it got?!" ..or "has it blown up yet!" ....my reply to the blown up comment "mate..they only blow up as people turn the boost up and forget the fuelling ..get both fuelling and boost spot on and these engines run sweet" ..it soon shut him up and he walked off :smokin:

I spoke to one of the guys on gt turbo spares ...it wasnt mike tho lol ..didnt see any rtoc faces i spoke to last year lol

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-06-2010, 05:42
I was there with the coupe car , i meet quite a few of you , helped pascal nick fith gear from the box i was collecting for mr m...:laugh:, i didnt get any pics , a few of the cliosport track people asked me to come , my 5 was alongside a clio coupe, i had a good long chat with the belgium lot and the french chaps whomb ive meet a few times now, all in all , the only i like about fcs is the track and i wasnt on that so i chipped off at 2pm, i must say fcs really is cack...:laugh:, i think thats the last one for me, it just aint my scene....but i am an old fart so maybe thats it....:laugh:, jesus.

D4WNO
18-06-2010, 23:19
It's a shame you missed the POD day... Adam L playing skittles with his 200sx...

PMSL, just seen this :laugh:

jay28
03-07-2010, 07:13
Come to national day mate! Ive missed the last couple due to being crap at getting my car done! Its done and has kept running for a good few weeks now so fingers crossed! I agree with the fcs comments about chavs, saxos and 106s plus the usual tuning peeps who perv them up at great expense. This club is all about getting together and enjoying a car we all have a common interest in. It seems to have drifted away from how it used to be but i suppose thats because we are all getting older and have different responsabilitys nowadays. Come to mallory and get involved, you wont regret it!

Jay:agree: