PDA

View Full Version : what mastic etc to stick on side skirt seals

djinuk
13-06-2010, 12:07
ok , just refrubing my side skirts, and had to remove the seal from them to paint.

Just wondering what glue/adhesives etc others have used to reapply them.

J$£5GTT
13-06-2010, 12:36
stixall...:)

michael tierney
13-06-2010, 16:16
evostick contact should do!

gtmatt
13-06-2010, 16:33
stickrflex but that stuff is good :)

scott 5gtt
13-06-2010, 17:50
19 quid a side brand new with the proper sticky strip attached for a nice clean new look

jonnyshaw49
13-06-2010, 18:26
hi ive fitted new skirts to my car after having new cills and paint job and got some new sideskirt rubbers to fit but the gap between the cill and the skirt is too big for the rubber, i used them new metal sideskirts clips frrom cgb. i didnt have the little lugs on my new cills for the clips to sit into so had to use self tappers, so i didnt really know how far down the clip should be so just used rack of the eye lol, anyone know the set height for the clips that go on the cill or used the metal clips for cgb?? do they need bending slightly etc. thanks

scott 5gtt
13-06-2010, 18:54
There should be two different style cips i used them on mine the one that pop rivets to the actual car sill and them repair ones from cgb that you have to bond to the fiberglass sill they sometimes need bending but should mesh together really well and leve no gap if anything mine were on the tight side . The repair clips shoud be flush with the sill . . .

GTphil
13-06-2010, 19:20
hi ive fitted new skirts to my car after having new cills and paint job and got some new sideskirt rubbers to fit but the gap between the cill and the skirt is too big for the rubber, i used them new metal sideskirts clips frrom cgb. i didnt have the little lugs on my new cills for the clips to sit into so had to use self tappers, so i didnt really know how far down the clip should be so just used rack of the eye lol, anyone know the set height for the clips that go on the cill or used the metal clips for cgb?? do they need bending slightly etc. thanks

Make sure your this rubber strips are the correct way round, if you fit them the wrong way round then you will end up with a gap between the sideskirt and the sill of around 5mm.

Might not be your issue but worth a try:agree:

TrixNFlix
13-06-2010, 22:02
Make sure your this rubber strips are the correct way round, if you fit them the wrong way round then you will end up with a gap between the sideskirt and the sill of around 5mm.

Might not be your issue but worth a try:agree:

This is easily done. :agree::):laugh: