PDA

View Full Version : Ex-German Ph1 Cup car

Sam Fish
10-06-2010, 23:22
Got myselft a 5GT I can call my own. Wondering if anyone will know anything about it.... Ill get pictures up very soon.

Its an ex German Cup car apparently. Well it has most of the 'bits', and its LHD Phase1
ODO reads 56,000km and its very clean underneath. non sunroof, in white.

It has been used in the Flalcon Tyres hillclimb championship a few years ago. It has some Van Diemen wheels on it and Bilstein Dampers. Ring any bells?

Plans are to tidy it up, and get it on track!
Resto thread to follow :)

Blick
11-06-2010, 00:12
look forward to the thread :agree:

allanr5gtt
11-06-2010, 10:04
any pic's bud?

Sam Fish
11-06-2010, 12:20
Just got these:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/samfishy/IMG_0256.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/samfishy/IMG_0259.jpg

Anybody know anything about that front bumper? Havent seen one like it before....

I bought it for the wheels mainly!

Sam Fish
11-06-2010, 12:22
Ill take the windows out and respray it soonish. It is a few different whites at the moment!
Does anybody know the correct Phase 1 white? Colour name or RAL number?

And what do you think the chances are of getting it road registered? It has a chassis number, but absolutely no paperwork..... :crap:

Trevhib
11-06-2010, 12:34
Interesting. Yeah looks like a non-OE white, more like a Ph2 glacier. They didn't do the ph1 in white except with the pearl. Not in the UK anyhow.

Front bumper looks like one off a GTX or Monaco etc:

http://www.renault5baccara.nl/html/Baccara_voor.htm

Sorry I don't know the paint code for Ph1 pearl. Maybe do a search on RTOC boards, been discussed plenty of times.

phase i 16 v turbo
11-06-2010, 12:41
It looks like the same as the one on the GTX I have in the unit.

Penfold aka The Dealer
11-06-2010, 12:41
Ill take the windows out and respray it soonish. It is a few different whites at the moment!
Does anybody know the correct Phase 1 white? Colour name or RAL number?

And what do you think the chances are of getting it road registered? It has a chassis number, but absolutely no paperwork..... :crap:

Chassis number helps alot... should be very straight forward to convert for road use... but the DVLA/VOSA love coming up with new regs and rules...

Sam Fish
11-06-2010, 13:54
Thanks for the info guys.
Ill sell the bumper if anybody is interested. Ill be putting a ph1 bumper and grill on I rekon.

The actual shell is all the same white, inside, out and engine bay (although it could have been sprayed as a shell of course). But I recognise it from other racing 5GT's too, including the Original Radbourne shells and the interior of alot of old racing (bent!) panels we have laying around. Its quite a dull 'milky' white really.
Maybe a coincidence?

Os8472
11-06-2010, 19:13
I've seen that type of bumper before, it was on a K plate N/A 1.4 R5, I've got a pic somewhere, I'll dig it out and post up, basically it ain't a GTT bumper.

TommyB
11-06-2010, 21:01
I want your wheels Sam, i have a set for my Cortina.

Trevhib
12-06-2010, 09:19
Maybe Renault supplied GTTs in the milky white colour only for the Cup series (which makes sense when thinking about pictures of Cup cars that I've seen). I think the colour existed in other spec levels of that age, just not for the road going GTT.

Trevhib
12-06-2010, 09:20
I've seen that type of bumper before, it was on a K plate N/A 1.4 R5, I've got a pic somewhere, I'll dig it out and post up, basically it ain't a GTT bumper.

No need. Read the thread.

Sam Fish
12-06-2010, 11:40
Maybe Renault supplied GTTs in the milky white colour only for the Cup series (which makes sense when thinking about pictures of Cup cars that I've seen). I think the colour existed in other spec levels of that age, just not for the road going GTT.

Thanks. Ill have a search around Renault colours from that era.

What do people think; paint the plastic trim black? Or have it all white?

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-06-2010, 11:46
Thanks. Ill have a search around Renault colours from that era.

What do people think; paint the plastic trim black? Or have it all white?

Same if you going to paint the car, why not paint it a colour of your choice...if your going for the ph1 look then black trim is the way forward, if your going to for the oh2 look, go for something abit different..

Trevhib
13-06-2010, 10:48
Agreed.

My vote would be for the Euro-only OE look of - Ph1 in tungy grey and unpainted kit. :agree:

Sam Fish
13-06-2010, 11:30
hmm. nice.
Ill get the trim black again. But I want the whole shell the same colour, inside and out, and dont think I fancy stripping the shell down. We'll see...

RoboEK
14-06-2010, 18:34
Is the kit an original unpainted white. if so it seems a shame to spray it.

Sam Fish
14-06-2010, 21:48
Most of the kit is unpainted white, after having a closer look. Was that for the pearl white phase 1?
Yeah, maybe Ill keep it then.
The bumpers and two of the arches will have to be colour matched...

Kris M
14-06-2010, 22:52
yup, originally for pearl white ph1`s:)

Sam Fish
22-06-2010, 13:04
Anyone able to shed any light on these numbers?
348 paint code is 'Blanc Panda'. Ever seen that on a GT Turbo?
http://www.renault4.co.uk/paint-codes/348-blanc-panda.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/samfishy/IMG_0327.jpg

Andrew Cooke
22-06-2010, 13:18
F008118 is made in Flins, and you should be able to work out when it was manufactured from that, there was a link somewhere, I forget where now. I found out that mine was a 1986 car that way. If you find out how to learn more of the history from that number I'd be interested as it's all I have for my shell (stamped on the boot floor towards the back).

120 is Germany

Sam Fish
22-06-2010, 13:26
Cool. Thanks Andrew. ill let you know....
Im asking a chap in france who may shed some light....

Got this too.
I think the 'G' means its 1986 too.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/samfishy/IMG_0329.jpg

Andrew Cooke
22-06-2010, 13:36
this should help decode the VIN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Number

Sam Fish
22-06-2010, 14:02
The '120' on the oval means it was originally a German car....
Im learning!

Sam Fish
07-07-2010, 16:52
Im having to put the car away for now, as I have a few other things on the table.

I popped the rear quater and door panels off to see how straight it was. - if filler was hiding anything nasty.
Very supprised to find no rust and only a few slight previous dings. And totally straight front doors! Made my day :agree:

Also have to sell the wheels because I cant really afford to keep them. Im in the process of polishing the rims so wll get pictures if anyone is interested.
13x8
Im rekon they will sell to the VAG crowd to be honest. Porper retro German Motorpsort split rims. Very light.
Looking for around £550 for 5 matching, with 4 Falken Tyres which arent quite legal but fine for track.

Sam Fish
15-05-2011, 14:39
Right,
I need to sell this car in the next two weeks. Genuine reason for sale - I went racing, and spent all my money!
It will be sold with PERFECT referbed cup wheels (x5) with 4x slicks.
It is currently on Bilsteins.
54,000 Km's on the clock

I have just taken it for a brief spin, and am so sad to sell it. The Engine/turbo is very good, and sound amazing - The head Gasket has gone though :( :rolleyes:
I runs very vey well, gears and brakes are working very well. The engine feels very strong and the turbo picks up very well. The boost is great. Apparently it had an expensive turbo rebuilt before it was laid to rest for a couple of years.

Bad bits:
The head gasket has gone.
The shell is exceptionally straight for a race car, and a road car! No rust, and straight doors and quarters. Although it has had a whack on the front left and bent the subframe, and superficial damage to the front corner. It hasnt touched the chassis leg, only the lower headlight surround on one corner! Something has also been dropped on the roof, and left a couple of dents. All superficial and with nothing to hide.
Some of the body trim need colour matching.
The race seat/belts are the ORIGINALs one supplied with the coupe's in Europe. Mod Pliasta (spelling?) - It is therefore tired, but usable.
ALL CAN BE NEGOTIATED IN THE FINAL PRICE
Best to call me for the cars detailed condition - Sam 07779063087
Genuine interest only please.

If memebers can spread the word, I would be very grateful - Gifts of stickers/bits to anybody that helps seal a deal :D :agree:

All kinds of spares are available as part of the sale - DeCarbon dampers, coupe brake ducts (damaged). Many things can be negotiated! Spare road wheels, coupe MXV tyres for shows..... You name it! My haul of spares will not be sold until the cup car has gone, so the buyer will have first pick....

I also need to sell my Original French Coupe race overalls - EXCEEDINGLY RARE, and very cool. Will only fit a shorter very slim chap/lady..... looking for offers close to £140 for those.

Gutted to have to sell, but hopefully I can buy one back in the future :(
More pictures coming....