PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Bommer
15-10-2008, 12:55
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I seem to be having a problem i have put new disc on the back and new pads but the brakes dont seem to be very good to be honest they are better on my girlfriends 1.2 corsa ive tried bleading the system but no improvement they do stop me but when i slam on they just dont respond verywell any ideas
thanks

Misky
15-10-2008, 13:03
Im no expert but could this be a brake line issue?
if you have bleed the system and there are no air leaks.

Bigfoot
15-10-2008, 13:08
The rear brakes hardly put effort when braking, whats the front brakes like?

phase i 16 v turbo
15-10-2008, 13:11
It could be several things. How many miles have you done, new pads and discs take a good few hundred miles to bed in. The rear compensator value may not be working correctly. They pistons in the callipers may be corroded and not pushing out correctly.

Bommer
15-10-2008, 13:40

The rear brakes hardly put effort when braking, whats the front brakes like?
the disc on the front are ok new pads

Bommer
15-10-2008, 13:43

It could be several things. How many miles have you done, new pads and discs take a good few hundred miles to bed in. The rear compensator value may not be working correctly. They pistons in the callipers may be corroded and not pushing out correctly.
There is no rust on the disc after i have taken her out witch would indicate the pistons are fine were is the rear compensator valve located mate

Mr Raider
15-10-2008, 13:57

Its located under the rear of the car, pretty much over the rear axle and tells the rear brakes how much to apply the rear brakes depending upon rear load in boot etc. Believe if car is lowered can cause issues;)

phase i 16 v turbo
15-10-2008, 16:21

Its located under the rear of the car, pretty much over the rear axle and tells the rear brakes how much to apply the rear brakes depending upon rear load in boot etc. Believe if car is lowered can cause issues;)

Spot on! They get covered in dirt and all sorts of junk from the road, sometimes a good spray of oil and moving it in and out with your hand may help, but if it is anything like the one I am trying to get apart best of luck!!