PDA

View Full Version : bodywork

richi
14-10-2008, 23:29
just been flushing my boot, with my stepdad who use to do it pro about 12yrs ago.

now i have filled sanded ext till it is near flat. he use to use spray on stopper for the next stage but i dont have a spray gun comp etc, just wondering if there is a "new skool" way of doing it or do you still use spray on stopper then wet n dry etc?

wrightygtt
15-10-2008, 00:26
depends what tools you've got, i.e 2pac primer through a gun, or a bt of high five filler primer, either way, get a nice coat on then dust a bit of aerosol black, so when you block flat with 1000/800 wet and dry:agree:, you'll see high and low spots...

richi
15-10-2008, 10:40
well the idea was stopper then aerosol block so no hi/lo spots then leave in my house untill getting full respray where the garage would use 2pac primer, just after something along the lines of spray on stopper, dont think a boady shop would like me walking in there and just asking for them to spay on stopper my boot then i will do all the rub down again lol

raj
15-10-2008, 11:35
oops wrong thread..

OUTLAW
15-10-2008, 11:38
will i not need to leave the bracket for the new acuator:confused:.. thanks

Tiny Tim
15-10-2008, 11:54
Depends. Actuators on standard turbos tend to be spot welded. -31 actuators are held on to the brackets (which are usually larger too) by 2 bolts.

Penfold aka The Dealer
15-10-2008, 12:01
This is a technical question, please remember to post in relevant section... We dont want non members of the club getting answers for free.

rs250nut
15-10-2008, 19:04
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

well the idea was stopper then aerosol block so no hi/lo spots then leave in my house untill getting full respray where the garage would use 2pac primer, just after something along the lines of spray on stopper, dont think a boady shop would like me walking in there and just asking for them to spay on stopper my boot then i will do all the rub down again lol

Spray on stopper? Top stop gold is what you need for filling pin holes. Celly primer out of a gun or can will shrink like Fcuk. Get it prepped up i.e all lows filled and highs tapped down and get a proper body shop to prime it as it will be primed in an oven and baked so no shrinking. Been in the game for a long time now so if you need to know anything give me a shout.