PDA

View Full Version : speedo not working right???

paulsurrey
01-06-2010, 22:18
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

hi,got my new gt turbo today and the speedo does not work right.it says im doing 20mph when im doing about 60mph and thats as high as it will go.also the mileometer does not work.does anyone know how to fix this?if so any advice would be great.thanks

Sparkie
02-06-2010, 08:34
take the clocks out, and remove the front plastic cover. then plug the clocks back in.
then when driving over 20mph, see if the needle is bending and touching the clocks face and stopping it from going any further. - use your hand to force it past 20mph.

if that dont work, you may need new clocks.

SCHWARTZ
02-06-2010, 20:09
was it working right before you changed the turbo? whats the wire coming out the gearbox like? Did you spill oil on it etc... when changing the turbo? could poss be the problem?

dangerous dave
02-06-2010, 21:17
if you wanna test another set of clocks give me a shout, i have mine kicking about after changing my dials.. my speedo works but my miles dont tick over.. a good way to see if yours are knackered or perhaps mine might need repair too..

if not popping out the pick ups not to hard, a clean sometimes get its going again..:)

im over in Reading so not a million miles away