PDA

View Full Version : Wiring questions

Shane P
31-05-2010, 12:04
Hello :)

In the Haynes manual wiring diagrams it states that component No. 99 is the 'Dashboard earth' .

Could someone tell me where abouts behind the dashboard it is located please?

Nick k
31-05-2010, 12:57
Passenger side footwell behind grey plastic trim that sites below bonnet pull handle. 13mm bolt head with 3/4 black wires on ring terminals.

Shane P
31-05-2010, 13:04
Passenger side footwell behind grey plastic trim that sites below bonnet pull handle. 13mm bolt head with 3/4 black wires on ring terminals.

That is seriously fantastic ! Thankyou very much ! :agree::):D:smokin:

Shane P
08-07-2010, 22:49
Had my alternator tested today to see if it is failing to keep voltage regulated, the testing people said it was working fine, they even tested it twice for me just to confirm.

I have a voltmeter wired up in the dash. Plus a new battery.

When i idle with no electrical accesories turned on i get around 13.7 volts, but the more stuff i turn on the more the voltage dips, with everything turned on i get about 11.2 volts reading on the gauge, this obviously isnt enough.

I have checked and cleaned all the earth connections that i know of and even have a extra one running from the front of the block to the gearbox and then from that straight to the battery negative.

Any suggestions on what to try next? :)

Adam 005
08-07-2010, 23:20
Had my alternator tested today to see if it is failing to keep voltage regulated, the testing people said it was working fine, they even tested it twice for me just to confirm.

I have a voltmeter wired up in the dash. Plus a new battery.

When i idle with no electrical accesories turned on i get around 13.7 volts, but the more stuff i turn on the more the voltage dips, with everything turned on i get about 11.2 volts reading on the gauge, this obviously isnt enough.

I have checked and cleaned all the earth connections that i know of and even have a extra one running from the front of the block to the gearbox and then from that straight to the battery negative.

Any suggestions on what to try next? :)

do you have the correct alternator mate i.e 60 amps.

Shane P
09-07-2010, 09:04
do you have the correct alternator mate i.e 60 amps.

I have a GT Tuning uprated alternator from back in the day, Its 10 amps more then the standard one and the testing people told me they got 70amps out of it without issue, which i cant really dispute as i assume they could have told me it was duff and made a sale from me :)

I have another little problem as well : When i disconnect and reconnect my battery, i can hear my front foglight relay click ! This is with the fogs switched off. The fogs work fine off the dash switch no problem but i assume the relay is not suppose to click when i disconnect and reconnect the power supply?

My electrical problems are the only things stopping me from taking my car to National day now.

Shane P
11-07-2010, 14:38
Sorted !

Alternator checked.

Above 12v at the yellow wire to the alternator.

Ran an earth strap from one headlamp earth to the gearbox, ran another earth strap from the other headlamp earth to the alternator support bracket, cleaned every single wire connection that i could possibly remove and clean, and at 1500rpm i now have above 13vdc at the battery regardless of what/how many electrical accesories i turn on.

:yeah:

Kris M
11-07-2010, 14:53
:agree: