PDA

View Full Version : oe breather setup or mod?

gttjames
30-05-2010, 16:46
Just geting my 5 sorted and routed the airfilter to where the oe ic sits, to do this though iv used a 45 degree silicone bend. Now it leaves me with the option...
- cut a hole in the 45 degree bend and place the original breather pipe in there like it sits oe
- or leave it and put a filter on the end of it

pro's and cons for both? Dont know what to do

Brigsy
30-05-2010, 18:03
Stick the pipe into a catch tank.

J$£5GTT
30-05-2010, 21:21
Stick the pipe into a catch tank.

he means a man can of stella.

:p

Brigsy
30-05-2010, 23:24
Thats the one jay, pmt stylee:D

TNT ANDY
31-05-2010, 09:50
Just geting my 5 sorted and routed the airfilter to where the oe ic sits, to do this though iv used a 45 degree silicone bend. Now it leaves me with the option...
- cut a hole in the 45 degree bend and place the original breather pipe in there like it sits oe
- or leave it and put a filter on the end of it

pro's and cons for both? Dont know what to do

If you do decide to go down the route of removing the breather to Telephone hose and sticking an air filter on the end of it, then locate the filter well away from the turbo / Exhuast. Blow a ring with this set-up and it will dump oil directly on your hot parts which =
Flameage.

gttjames
31-05-2010, 10:22
So you all reckon just route it to a catch tank.

Does it affect how it runs atall?

Brigsy
31-05-2010, 12:27
Will run exactly the same as normal, with the added bonus of no oil fumes sucked back into the engine.

gttjames
31-05-2010, 21:19
ok il do that then, best way to fix a pmt style catch tank and where abouts?

GTphil
31-05-2010, 21:22
usually in the drivers side wing area, all I have done is piped the rocker cover to the seperator then bunged a filter on top of the seperator pot.

Horses for courses really, a pot is probably a better option for monitoring how much oil the engine is breathing out;)

NayJ
01-06-2010, 00:55
If you do decide to go down the route of removing the breather to Telephone hose and sticking an air filter on the end of it, then locate the filter well away from the turbo / Exhuast. Blow a ring with this set-up and it will dump oil directly on your hot parts which =
Flameage.

good idea, mines been pissin oil all over my bay for ages now, just took the filter off and put a calsburg can on the end ;) .................if only they did make 5s