PDA

View Full Version : volvo engines?

SCHWARTZ
30-05-2010, 16:21
looking round my local scrappy for a cam shaft and all i can seem to find is b16e engines i guess these are a 1.6l engine but there is no mention of these in the haynes manual so can anyone tell me what the b16e is and if its poss to use any parts from these, i doubt it but thought id ask anyway.

SCHWARTZ
30-05-2010, 16:46
looks like the b16e is a 1.6 that didnt come in till around 92 so thats why its not in me haynes manual but can anyone tell me if parts like the thermostat and housing, alternator bracket and starter motor will work on the b18ft?

James5
30-05-2010, 16:48
looks like the b16e is a 1.6 that didnt come in till around 92 so thats why its not in me haynes manual but can anyone tell me if parts like the thermostat and housing, alternator bracket and starter motor will work on the b18ft?

Is the b16e series engine still an f series engine???? If it is prob would have used some common parts. You really need Haz or markey mark to advise.

SCHWARTZ
30-05-2010, 17:02
it looks the same so i took the parts anyway and will have to fit them to see if they will work but they look like they will just thought id ask to save me wasting me time. sadly there were no engines with a suitable cam only 1.6 and 2l engines so im still on the hunt for one.

Haz
31-05-2010, 20:16
presume the bits will fit, there a a few styles of thermostat housings etc when come in handy when doin ya pipe runs etc.
i'd assume the b16e will just have longer rods than the b18e?? head could be similar, thus the cam could fit. never tried and now goin onto a different engine so dont do much research or trial and error these days. let us no

SCHWARTZ
31-05-2010, 20:34
didnt actually get the cam as it was pi55ing it down and only got wot i needed but i will be going back and if there isnt a b18e or ep cam il get one of the 1.6 cams and offer it up.