PDA

View Full Version : Samco Hoses

MR TURBO
14-10-2008, 19:02
Does having samco hoses fitted to your car increase insurance???

MR TURBO
14-10-2008, 19:45
Does having samco hoses fitted to your car increase insurance???

Surely someone must know!!!!!!

Tiny Tim
14-10-2008, 19:47
Your insurance company might ;)

MR TURBO
14-10-2008, 19:49
Your insurance company might ;)

Theres always one!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

OUTLAW
14-10-2008, 19:51
cause it doesent mate!...its not for performace its for durability, and suppose they can handle the heat better than standard hoses, making the car more reliable:)...i would`ent tell the insurance company about hoses anyway:laugh:

Tiny Tim
14-10-2008, 19:53
Theres always one!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, im sorry for making a valid suggestion FFS :sad2:

Chris Hebden
14-10-2008, 19:54
Down boy! :laugh:

The new Bill J
14-10-2008, 19:56
cause it doesent mate!...

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Some insurance companies see coloured hoses as making the car more desirable, and therefore increase the premium.

As Tim said (you know, THE ONE that there always is :rolleyes:), ask your insurance company and see what they say.

BriC
14-10-2008, 20:08

God.. You should know, that valid suggestions just aren't goddamn valid!

Oh.. wait :scared:

MR TURBO
14-10-2008, 20:14

Don't be like that tim ur cool!!!:D:D

jesus in the seat of a 5
14-10-2008, 20:27
Don't be like that tim ur cool!!!:D:D

Pucker up boy....:laugh:....i would tell em anyhows , if £500 of hoses go missing , it may be a good idea if they replace um......:eek::p

OUTLAW
14-10-2008, 20:37
i would not tell the insurace company...the hoses cant really go missing...they take time to undo and there is quite a few..not somthing you could do in the dark. if somone does try to steal them, its simple, knife them!...they wont do it again:laugh:

tonesGTT
14-10-2008, 20:47
i would not tell the insurace company...the hoses cant really go missing...they take time to undo and there is quite a few..not somthing you could do in the dark. if somone does try to steal them, its simple, knife them!...they wont do it again:laugh:

WTF!!?

MR TURBO
14-10-2008, 20:50

Hahahahahhaha thats standard just dont wont blood on my doorstep LOL!!!! If you have assured value meaning 6 photos of your car before they give you a value ( for all that didn't know ) how do you escape LOL!!!!!!

tonesGTT
14-10-2008, 20:55
Hahahahahhaha thats standard just dont wont blood on my doorstep LOL!!!! If you have assured value meaning 6 photos of your car before they give you a value ( for all that didn't know ) how do you escape LOL!!!!!!

if your looking to get an agreed value, i wouldnt go trying to hide anything form them to be honest. if the day ever came that you wanted to claim your full 'agreed' value, after an accident say, you can be sure they will take a VERY close look at your car before the payout. Any shiney red hoses that you hadnt delcared could come back and bite you in the arse. Call me old and boring.

BriC
14-10-2008, 20:59
WTF!!?

:laugh:

BriC
14-10-2008, 21:02
Call me old and boring.

Old and boring.

On a serious note.. As he said.. They will do all they can to avoid paying out :)

tonesGTT
14-10-2008, 21:09
[quote=BriC;13475]Old and boring.

cheeky caaaaaaaaaaant :laugh:

BriC
14-10-2008, 21:15
But, but, but.. You told me too!

MR TURBO
14-10-2008, 22:01
you would have thought there would have been someone on here who has gone from standard to samco's and told their insurance company!!!

Chris Hebden
15-10-2008, 08:44
Probably almost everyone has, but isnt it just quicker to pick the phone up, get an immediate answer then post on here saying "thanks for the help guys, spoke to my insurance company and they will/wont have me from behind" ;)

Bigfoot
15-10-2008, 08:53
Why do people ask these questions :rolleyes:. If you dont tell the insurance company all modifications on your car you might as well drive around with no insurance. They will void it if they can because no insurance company wants to pay out.

OUTLAW
15-10-2008, 09:16
just spoke to hyperformance insurance company, they were not sure about the samco`s, they did`ent even no what they where?? after explaing, they are not going to make your motor go any faster, they suggested, always declare everything, that way, you have piece of mind;)..i`m not gonna tell them about any mods:laugh:...been driving nearly 20 years...and never made a claim..if i break it, i fix it!...i only pay for the legall bit of paper:D

MR TURBO
15-10-2008, 09:33
Probably almost everyone has, but isnt it just quicker to pick the phone up, get an immediate answer then post on here saying "thanks for the help guys, spoke to my insurance company and they will/wont have me from behind" ;)

Sure it might be but you ever heard of raising suspicions??
Plus this is a forum to talk about whatever we choose if you dont like the topic or have something smarmy to say why not just not participate???

Bigfoot
15-10-2008, 10:00
just spoke to hyperformance insurance company, they were not sure about the samco`s, they did`ent even no what they where?? after explaing, they are not going to make your motor go any faster, they suggested, always declare everything, that way, you have piece of mind;)..i`m not gonna tell them about any mods:laugh:...been driving nearly 20 years...and never made a claim..if i break it, i fix it!...i only pay for the legall bit of paper:D

With that attitude im not driving around near you. Yes if you break it you pay for it. But you you write off somebody elses car lets say a £20k BMW, are you willing to pay for repair of the whole vehicle? Because the insurance company would just laugh at you. A bit like the people who dont declare change of engine. Those people should have their cars taken away from them because they dont deserve to be on the road.

A couple of people at uni I know had serious accidents by people driving with invalid insurance. Did he get anything back from the accident, yeah a crashed car and lots of bruises, money wise he got nothing.

OUTLAW
15-10-2008, 10:05
fair enough pal, declare whatever you like, remember! i`ve been driving a lot longer than you if your at uni, its the youngsters of today who cause accidents because they have no experinece, and think the roads are a race track. for the last time for all the students....samcos donnot make your car go faster!

Chris Hebden
15-10-2008, 10:10
Sure it might be but you ever heard of raising suspicions??
Plus this is a forum to talk about whatever we choose if you dont like the topic or have something smarmy to say why not just not participate???

LOL it wasnt a dig bud, all i am saying is instead of waiting for someone to tell you the answer, more often than not it would be quicker to find out your self. No i havent heard of "raising suspicions"

Edited: Would be extremely accurate as well, instead of someone telling you what their insurance company said, you would know what YOUR insurance company thought

Bigfoot
15-10-2008, 10:14
fair enough pal, declare whatever you like, remember! i`ve been driving a lot longer than you if your at uni, its the youngsters of today who cause accidents because they have no experinece, and think the roads are a race track. for the last time for all the students....samcos donnot make your car go faster!

I finished uni over 3 years ago. The person who caused the accident was not a student. And it doesn't matter how long you been driving as ive seen some terrible driving from people who are in the 30-40s which if you say a lot longer im guessing in the 40s. Which if you are thats an appalling attitude with insurance. Brakes dont make the car go faster they still want it known on the insurance, I can write a whole list of things which dont make the car go faster but they still want to know.

So for the last time, no point driving with insurance without everything declared or its void!

OUTLAW
15-10-2008, 10:17
ok, mr policman, i will. thankyou for your advice

BriC
15-10-2008, 10:20
OUTLAW.. That is a crappy attitude, that 'you have been driving longer, so you're not going to crash' idea. Anyone can be distracted for half a second, then boom.. You've driven into the rear of another car.

raj
15-10-2008, 11:00
are you lot b1tching over silicone hoses and if they make a difference to insurance? :o:o:o

im assuming... if you where to tell the ins comp they will up there premium a little to cover the cost of the hoses or they may not increase the premium at all.

however i really dont think that they will invalidate a policy just because you havent told them about the hoses! there just hoses! all cars have them. plus there not visable as there under the bonnet so wont make the car more appealling either.

ive never told an ins comp about hoses or any shiney bits, i never will as i just dont see the point.

i will tell them of any performance enhancing mod though, ie different engine/ cams/ turbos/ etc.

OUTLAW
15-10-2008, 11:01
:agree:

Wayno
15-10-2008, 11:42
i`m not gonna tell them about any mods:laugh:...been driving nearly 20 years...and never made a claim..if i break it, i fix it!...i only pay for the legall bit of paper:D

The trouble with that is what if someone else crashes into you? Any parts you have un-declared on your car will invalidate your insurance cover.

I had a car a few years back with different wheels, exhaust, air filter etc not declared on the insurance and some tit drove straight into the back of me. Putting it back to standard and sourcing standard air boxes and wheels was a right ball ache.
I've come to realise it's so much easier to declare all modifications, it may cost a few quid more but as has been already mentioned insurance companies don't like to pay out, they'll throw the claim out over an after market steering wheel if you haven't declared it.

In the years I've been driving I've had 3 car crashes, all of them the 3rd parties fault. It doesn't matter how long you've been driving or how good a driver you think you are it's the other drivers that you have to bear in mind as well.

I've phoned my insurance company before now wondering if I told them about certain parts and to make certain they are aware of them such as quad headlights and drilled discs.

It's just not worth the hasssle in the long run in my opinion.

Things like a camshaft you might get away with as i doubt they'll check the internal components of your engine, but it's your choice and I'm just voicing my opinion and sharing my experiences. Safe driving everybody :)

Penfold aka The Dealer
15-10-2008, 11:58
I am going to lock this thread before it turns into a slagging match.

But bear this in mind, if u knock into somebodys car in a car park and the damage is less than £1,000 i very much doubt insurance company will look into it.

BUT if you have a tyre burst, hit a coach and that coach driver swerves out of the way and that coach hits a bridge killing all people in board...

Would you be able to afford paying out 50 dead peoples relatives out compo?? Death by damgerous driving is what its called... even if it wasnt your fault (ie: Tyre burst)... could you imagine going to court and your Insurance company saying to the judge they are invalidating your insurance due to your hose's that you didnt declare.... therefore they wouldnt have to pay out for them 50 dead people.... You would!!

Oh and then you would also be charged with driving on a puplic highway without insurance!

Ian S
15-10-2008, 12:37
I wonder if any of you people who are not declaring parts have Fully comp?

I expect only TPF&T.

It's a no brainer that if you want the money back for the £4000 of parts you added to your £600 car then you have to tell the ins co that you have them. Or in the event of a total loss claim you get about £300 after deduction of excess and any fees. :rolleyes:

I just told my ins co about the £700 of suspension, induction kit, throttle body and nice exhaust on my £700 fiat. The premium increased by about £7. A worthy investment IMO. But I think I'll get an agreed value done, for about £15(?), as they'll never pay out what it'll cost to replace otherwise.

I got the fiat as my other car was stolen last month. I got £50 back for that one.

MR TURBO
15-10-2008, 16:54
I wonder if any of you people who are not declaring parts have Fully comp?

I expect only TPF&T.

It's a no brainer that if you want the money back for the £4000 of parts you added to your £600 car then you have to tell the ins co that you have them. Or in the event of a total loss claim you get about £300 after deduction of excess and any fees. :rolleyes:

I just told my ins co about the £700 of suspension, induction kit, throttle body and nice exhaust on my £700 fiat. The premium increased by about £7. A worthy investment IMO. But I think I'll get an agreed value done, for about £15(?), as they'll never pay out what it'll cost to replace otherwise.

I got the fiat as my other car was stolen last month. I got £50 back for that one.

I'm fully comp!!! Who are your insurance company??? U didn't do too badly adding all that for £7 bargain!!! Do you have a fiat fetish by any chance?? :D:D
Sorry to hear some thieving barsteward fecked wid yo shi* as for the £50 what can i say what goes around comes around enuff said!!!

GTphil
15-10-2008, 16:56
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

ive had qoutes before now from a well known insurer for a lightly tuned car, i.e upped boost to 17psi, alloy cooler, lowered, window tints, exhaust and was quoted 670 tpft, then i phoned them an told them about the other mods like cam, low comp pistons, hoses, i tried to tell them that even with all thease extra mods i was still running a standard turbo at 17psi max and the premium more than doubled!!:eek:

i said to the guy how did you work that one out????
he said
"thats what the computer says"
i promptly put the phone down before i began shouting out a torrent of abusive language!

if im being honest ive had nothing but greif from insurance companys and i rekon ive paid more than 10k in insurance since i started driving and recived nothing in return other than crap service and moody call center people!

of course i do understand that may change if as mentioned above i kill a coach load of people or something but i still cant help but feel robbed!

Bigfoot
15-10-2008, 17:02
Ive got all mods declared, think they got annoyed with how many pages they had to write down, but companies only really go towards how much power the car produces above standard power and what has changed from O.E

I got my 5 insured TPFT for £470 at an agreed value of £7.5k however if i wanted to go fully comp they wanted to charge me nearly £1100. I passed on that though. Im with HIC they also insure my other car matching my NCB between the cars. Even though other car is a group higher on insurance its nearly standard (changed alloys) they insure me for £100 less than my renault 5.

Chris Hebden
15-10-2008, 19:13
Hang about, whats going on here then?!?!?! Or am i just getting confuddled?

Bigfoot
15-10-2008, 19:52
Hang about, whats going on here then?!?!?! Or am i just getting confuddled?

Page got unlocked

Chris Hebden
15-10-2008, 20:17
Really??? ;) Anyone know why?

Bigfoot
15-10-2008, 20:23

Well you did ask ;)

Unsure why though.

MR TURBO
15-10-2008, 21:55