PDA

View Full Version : wedding speech, best man

Shakes
26-05-2010, 18:06
its my m8's wedding tommorow & im best man, but im having some last minute worries about my speech, :sad:
couple of my friends say its ok and the missus says its good but there gunna say that even if its rubbish, guys please read through & let me know honistly if theres anything i need to change reword etc. cheers

Well I have never been a best man before, and I am not renowned for my speech writing, But I’ll try my best,
''''cause Daryl said if I do a good job today, I can be Best Man at his next wedding too.
Well I don’t know where to start or how long my speech should last?
But A Wiseman once told me a best mans speech should last along as the groom makes love............Thank you ladies & gentlemen enjoy your day (sit-down).
Well it goes without saying Tasha looks beautiful today as she always does, she’s really been a great friend to me over the years, she’s a sweet, caring, kind, loving person, needless to say Daryl you truly have bagged one of the great gals there....she even makes great coffee.
And as for my best friend Daryl I’m so proud to be your best man, it’s strange I’m called “the best man” when really you’re the best man in this room. you’ve always been there for me for better and worse, when times are hard you’d buy me a pint or a quadruple vodka, whenever I’ve been in trouble you would never leave my side, you really show me what true friendship is about (raise glass)... so I’d like to thank you for that.
And to top it off your tall big built handsome & have a huge.....eremm...ummmmm sorry m8 what does that say mate I can’t read your writing?
But on a serious note dar the best advice I can give you is never forget to say those 3 little words every day for the rest of your life - “YOU’RE RIGHT DEAR!”
Well the marriage ceremony asks that couples take each other for better or for worse.
Well, Daryl, in finding Tasha you really couldn’t have done any better.
Tasha - you couldn’t have done any worse.

Anyway we are here today to celebrate Mr. and Mrs. Winkworths wedding day and I sincerely wish you both the happiest life together & I hope you get all the good things in life that you both truly deserve. I hope that you’ll always remember this great day for the rest of your lives id like say a big thanks to the gorgeous bridesmaids for all your hard work today, you’ve done a great job and have made the day picture perfect.
Raise your glasses Daryl and Tasha.

Os8472
26-05-2010, 18:08
Nothin wrong with that dude:agree:

Kenobi
26-05-2010, 18:09
Thats great.

I'm lucky enough to have been best man twice in my life.

Just make sure your fulla beer before the speech.

c7borg
26-05-2010, 18:13
sounds good too me..:agree: mind if I nick a few lines as I'm best man in about 6 weeks too!

c7borg
26-05-2010, 18:14
go on kenobi.. put your speech's up I bet you packed a few good lines :D

robbie506
26-05-2010, 18:32
:agree: thats spot be proud if my best man comes up with one as good as that

HendyR5
26-05-2010, 18:42
spot on m8 :agree:

heard a story about a guy a know... his best mans opening line was:

"right ladies and gentleman i did have a few lines prepaired but i seem to have snorted them in the toilet"

the place just went completely silent, he paused, then said a few mumbled words n sat down!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

5alldaway
26-05-2010, 18:44
its nice and im stealing it lol

Bass J
26-05-2010, 18:45
haha that speach is brill ..my big sisters wedding on sunday :):) ...im only an usher ..so no speach for me haha ..glad i aint cos id have too many jokes :laugh:

Nick k
26-05-2010, 18:50
My mate used this one at the start of his speech.

"I Would like to make a toast to the two most important people hear today"

Everybody raises there glass

"Too the bar staff"

Shakes
26-05-2010, 19:18
thanks guys i feel much better now, can relax a little :)

[quote=HendyR5;157052]spot on m8 :agree:

"right ladies and gentleman i did have a few lines prepaired but i seem to have snorted them in the toilet"

thats blilliant pmsl dont think ill say that though:laugh::laugh:

HendyR5
26-05-2010, 19:22
wouldnt like to have been the dude that said it lol

you'l b fine m8, just remember n have a few sherbets to calm the nerves :laugh::agree:

TNT ANDY
26-05-2010, 19:35
Fine dude - No big insults, not too long either, take your time and try to enjoy the position you have been given. 3-4 pints should be sufficient.

I see you have used youtube for reference material and there is some good stuff on there. Someone once gave me a good opener which I did not use as I had mine all sorted went something like this.

'I asked someone in the know how to calm my nerves before saying my best mans speach, and his reply was to look around the room and imagine everybody naked'

At this point look around at each table 1 at a time and comment with whatever comes to mind. Whince, vomit, wink, 'how you doin' etc Be careful when coming to the hotty table, and don't forget to say hi to family members as you go by.

Be careful if there are children, or your missus LOL

But seriously with what you have got it will be fine.

Good luck fella

D4WNO
26-05-2010, 19:48
Sounds pretty good :agree:. Only thing I'd say though is right at the beginning, introduce yourself; his grannies great uncles cousin might have no clue who you are.

J$£5GTT
26-05-2010, 19:52
My mate used this one at the start of his speech.

"I Would like to make a toast to the two most important people hear today"

Everybody raises there glass

"Too the bar staff"

:D

Lomo
26-05-2010, 21:37
sounds good too me..:agree: mind if I nick a few lines as I'm best man in about 6 weeks too!

:laugh: me too! For my Bro!..

Nice speech....:agree:

T.K
26-05-2010, 22:48
Great speech. :agree:

Kenobi
27-05-2010, 08:50
go on kenobi.. put your speech's up I bet you packed a few good lines :D

A lot of it wont make much sense now. We were animals back in the day, we very nearly did a full presentation with a slide show of photos but it was cut at last second when his grandparents thought we were Quote - "such well behaved gentlemen"

I will try dig it out.

Trevhib
27-05-2010, 10:11
Nice speech there bud. :agree:

Dawn has a good point.

Also, the only thing I notice is that the word 'well' appears five times at the start of sentences/paragraphs, some very close together which will make it sound a tad repetitive. It would benefit from changing 2 or 3 of those to start the sentences with a slightly different nuance.

Good luck. :)

Alex
27-05-2010, 13:25
Sounds good :agree:

I was best man a couple of years ago for a pal of mine and my opening line was re how long the best man makes love for - exactly how you've put! It went down a treat! :laugh:

Spooky
27-05-2010, 13:32
This reminds me of my best mans speech, which was a lot more graphic than I ever would've thought :D :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
27-05-2010, 23:06
Sounds pretty good :agree:. Only thing I'd say though is right at the beginning, introduce yourself; his grannies great uncles cousin might have no clue who you are.

Yeah i'd agree with D4WNO there, you should really start the speech by saying "Hello everyone, i'm SH1TTER" :laugh::laugh: (Never going to let you forget that one!)

Great speech though mate & no risque stories to trip you up! :niceone:

Shakes
28-05-2010, 13:14
:laugh::laugh: cheers big steve.
the speech went very well and the whole day was great, thanx dawn i did take your advice and interduced myself (not as sh1tter though) :D
feel free to take a few lines guys if u like, alot of the lines were of the net anyways.
thanx:agree:

Danny4da
28-05-2010, 15:31
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

This reminds me of my best mans speech, which was a lot more graphic than I ever would've thought :D :agree:

Dont know what your on about!! :yeah:

But that sounds good mate!! :agree: