PDA

View Full Version : tosrion bar thread size

Ross99
07-09-2008, 22:48
right torsion adjustment pending bud i have an array of bolts none fit the thread anyone any idea what size it is or where i can get the bolt i need, also if i put a bolt in with a big washer and a set of grips and smash the grips with a hammer will that have enough oooomph to get the bar out?

Scoff
07-09-2008, 22:55
its M10 x 1.5mm, same as a head bolt, which is what I used to weld onto the end of my slide hammer ;)

Ian S
07-09-2008, 22:56
Some come out more easily.

Squirt it's joints with plus gas and let that soak in. Esp the joints under the car in the middle.

You need to either wind it out, use a big slide hammer, tap it through so it comes out the other side.

There is an article on the old site.

If things progress well that might be up here by next week.

Ross99
07-09-2008, 23:16
cheers scoff, i've been putting wd40 on it for the last week but it looks almost brand new from the moment the cover came off, i so hopei can do it as fronts down on apex springs 50mm and looking mean, so need the rear down now

THE MASTER
08-09-2008, 00:29
Some come out more easily.

Squirt it's joints with plus gas and let that soak in. Esp the joints under the car in the middle.

You need to either wind it out, use a big slide hammer, tap it through so it comes out the other side.

There is an article on the old site.

If things progress well that might be up here by next week.
ian if you cant pull the old article from the old site i will rewright a new one :D

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 08:42
Im doing mine this evening, i'll take some piccies incase they're needed.

Nayls
08-09-2008, 11:07
Im doing mine this evening, i'll take some piccies incase they're needed.

still!?

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 11:59
still!?

Still what you goon? I attempted it once and they were rust-welded in. Now i've had some Oxy on the bad boys they've shifted so i'll doing it in one hit this evening. That ok with you?