PDA

View Full Version : European breakdown recovery

Brigsy
25-05-2010, 20:08
Im off to LeMans 24hr next month, couple of weeks away infact cant wait:)

As im going in the gtt i need some form of european breakdown recovery, one that will get me at least to calais if not home as i have aa cover in this country.

Can anybody recommend a company that wont tell me to leave it at the roadside if it all goes pete tong!

Kris M
25-05-2010, 20:59
I remember this discussion before mate....IIRC, most companyies will only tow / recover you up to the current book value of your motor which as lovely as the tungy is is only around £600??)

PMT toolkit FTW :agree: ;)

Mart
25-05-2010, 21:10
ADAC, or RAC's Euro cover.

J$£5GTT
25-05-2010, 21:13
ADAC, or RAC's Euro cover.

:agree:...an the pmt tool kit!!!

:)

Ashy
25-05-2010, 22:06
Just make sure if you have to be recovered you ask them to put your car on a truck with a tachograph. The new laws state that patrol vehicles can only travel in a 60mile radius of their base (home) when towing as they are over 3.5T and don't have a tachograph. This is why I was picked up by by 3 seperate AA patrols when I was recovered from POD.

dave j gtt
26-05-2010, 03:47
My footman james insurence, covers abroad stuff. or so i think it did.
80 day insurence, breakdown. all in a oner.

have been with rac for years, seem really good.

nowadays as ashy said. they dont like paying contractors to flat bed you home.

so they take you to there range. it all gets gay, to then get another patrol dude take you as far as he can take you and so on.

I think if your prepared to wait around for about 4 hours, flat bed will come but you could just get two lifts and be home by then.

last time for me tho rac were very gay. 1 lose earth needed towing 2 hours home for.:dearme:

i was in good clothes, no tools and wasnt getting dirty, this guy just wouldnt listen i wanted one wire to test something, he tried to sell me a battery and tried telling me my alt had failed :laugh:. errrrm toss3r i got home took 10 mins to find and fix :eek: