PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side window stuck down :(

LampsR5
24-05-2010, 15:03
hey guys, driving earlier and noticed the window would only go down, would not go up now it wont move at all, ive checked the switch and its not that, ive took the door cards off and had a quick mess with the wires but still no luck.

Could it be a fuse and also is there a 2nd fuse box location on the five besides the one in passenger footwell?

Are the window systems on the five notorious for breaking?

any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Bigfoot
24-05-2010, 15:07
With the door cards off, remove the wires going to the window motor, and just wire up a positive straight from the battery and use an earth for the other side.

Make sure you got power going to the switches as well.

Sparkie
24-05-2010, 16:12
With the door cards off, remove the wires going to the window motor, and just wire up a positive straight from the battery and use an earth for the other side.

Make sure you got power going to the switches as well.

this works a treat!:agree:

Smokey
24-05-2010, 17:47
Dan / Ben mine done this before on the drivers side it was the motor that sits near the front of the car half way down the door behind the door card.

It had dropped try holding it up by putting your hand inside the door behind the body of the car and lift the motor, iv just cable tied mine up and it works a treat.

Mat

J$£5GTT
24-05-2010, 22:40
best thing you can do is bin the electric windows an fit campus winders.

LampsR5
25-05-2010, 11:51
thanks for the help guys...confused now tho as its suddenly decided to work over night

Smokey
25-05-2010, 13:11
it will be what i said then as thats what mine did it worked when it wanted to but holding the motor up it never fails me now.

Mat