PDA

View Full Version : Area reps

Markey Mark (BD)
07-09-2008, 22:36
Was just wondering what we doing about the area reps now the new site back up and running, as its been a while since the old one was here most peeps prop forgot or don't know who the area reps are.
Also we keeping the exisiting reps or are we staring fresh, only reason i ask is i'd like to continue my role as rep as before

Scoff
07-09-2008, 22:41
Well, yes, something I was trying to sort out.

We really need an up to date list of area reps and their coverage. Maybe if you are an AR and reading this could you post your details here and I'll compile a list.

Ashy's busy at the moment with home stuff so can't get online much, but, I don't think he has a full list either since it was all done on the old site.

Anyway, once a list is inplace I will create some nifty Area rep pages and get the map going again.

BriC
07-09-2008, 22:43
I was the Manc. rep.. What details do you need?

JasonGTT
07-09-2008, 22:55
Wouldnt mind helping with the east mids section ?

Ryan p
07-09-2008, 23:02
i was rep off dudley area

dangerous dave
07-09-2008, 23:09
this made me think, can we search members by region??

Scoff
07-09-2008, 23:12
surely can :) and by turbo type, car type, colour, and god knows what else :)

dangerous dave
07-09-2008, 23:30
surely can :) and by turbo type, car type, colour, and god knows what else :)

took me ages to find that search button.. not sure its up to the standard of the last sites region search, but with the low numbers at the mo i cant be sure.. when i search Reading i just get me, but on the last site i'd get the bracknell and a few other members pop up.. i just did a Berkshire search and 1 member popped up..

is there a way of grouping us up, perhaps only letting up pick from an area list, southeast etc? i know that means people cant come from licken'ze'dik'en, but im sure they wont lose sleep over it:laugh:

Scoff
07-09-2008, 23:33
For member serch, click on 'members' then search at the top right. You should get this page:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/memberlist.php?do=search

Ian S
08-09-2008, 00:24
That appears to not search from the address.

Location is just the one people use often for a laugh under their photo.

The old site did it post code or something. Grouped members into regions of it's own. They were a bit small though.

Was supposed to notify if someone joined in your region. I never got one but people joined from just few roads away in a slightly different postcode.

Scoff
08-09-2008, 00:30
The problem with addresses is that not everyone wants it publically viewable. Also, the site isn't smart enough to reduce the address down to a town or city. So, the extra box is there instead. I think the better way might have been to have a drop down box, with "NW london" "SE london" "greater manchester" "merseyside" and so on. The user picks the most apropriate.

Maybe a new list could be drawn up along those lines and the area-rep coverages could be assigned accordingly so that for any given location there is a rep or a space for a rep rarther than the site not knowing who's under who's coverage.

Not sure if that makes any sence, starting to fall asleep :(

JasonGTT
08-09-2008, 09:26
The drop down list sounds like a good idea but might make the area to rep for people quite large maybe more than 1 rep per area or maybe sub areas ie: If the catagory is Midlands split into east and west midlands etc

5teve L
08-09-2008, 09:30
I was Area Rep for Brighton & Guildford IIRC.
Don't mind still doing it & helping members out, or if someone else fancies one or both of the area's then they can do it.

Steve:smokin:

Marcus
08-09-2008, 10:53
Could the address section on registration be put into 2 sections? So have the bulk of the address and then postcode seperate then the postcode could be used to identify people in the area without the risk of people giving away personal information on the forums?

Actually thinking about it, I think there is a region hack which you can add to the registration form so you can just select a county :)

tomdimma5
08-09-2008, 11:00
iirc the closest one to me was from leeds or somewhere, well quite far out any way so id be up for giving a hand in east yorkshire or yorkshire :)

Beardo
08-09-2008, 11:14
I was area rep for bmouth :D

Ashy
08-09-2008, 12:39
As Scoff says all the up-to date info was lost when the site went down, the latest info I have was from 2007 when I did the big re-structure from the Midlands down South.

Porblem is as has been said my internet access is limited at the moment but I need to sort the Area Reps out as soon as possible. However, we don't want a rep for each postcode, it will still be setup the same as was before.

Leave your details and I will get onto it as soon as possible.

Ashy.

JasonGTT
08-09-2008, 12:52
As above Im quite happy to do east mids even though I have not been about long I also help out in the east/west mids section on saxperience.com.

Maybe have an east and a west mids one

Markey Mark (BD)
08-09-2008, 16:59
I was area rep for Hemel, Luton and Milton Keynes, i'm happy to carry on the roll.

5alldaway
08-09-2008, 17:21
i was area rep for derby/burton, i dont mind carrying this on if noone else wants to be :smokin:

RussellT
08-09-2008, 17:24
I cover Lancashire

Scoff
08-09-2008, 17:27
Good start guys, thanks.

Ashy has suggested we get the old regional map working, I'm going get that going on a dedicated area-rep page, which Ashy can keep upto date as and when details roll in, rarther than waiting for a complete list to appear.

Keep the info comming :cool:

5teve L
08-09-2008, 17:43
JRP was Redhill, not sure if he's on here yet though.
Wasn't Bill Kingston ??

Adam 005
08-09-2008, 17:51
i was rep for.DT/TA/BS/BA:)

not normal
08-09-2008, 18:14
i was rep for stoke/cheshire upto manc iirc:cool:

dave-sbs
08-09-2008, 19:46
i was area rep for cumbria , and dumfries and galloway, and am more than happy to continue:agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
08-09-2008, 19:48
I am happy to be a rep for Kent...

Kenobi
08-09-2008, 19:49
I could do Leicestershire, 5alldaway was my rep but hes miles away.

RICHIE
08-09-2008, 19:53
im also a rep

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 19:59
I just reprezent the C-side massif yo'

Chris Hebden
08-09-2008, 20:25
I just reprezent the C-side massif yo'

Text chat! BAN off with his head! :p

Tiny Tim
08-09-2008, 20:33
Text chat! BAN off with his head! :p

You know what, I TOTALLY agree :D

EmmaB510
08-09-2008, 20:41
I was area rep for ayrshire, paisley (renfrewshire) and glasgow at one point I think :) still happy to continue :)

Chris Hebden
08-09-2008, 21:03
I'd like to get more involved with the club, but as i live just down the road from Markey Mark that may be a bit difficult?

Alex
08-09-2008, 21:40
I was/is Area Rep for the North West region. It covered quite a few areas which escape my memory, but just to let members know I'm still here! :cool:

finsta
08-09-2008, 22:32
i was the rep for the scottish borders and edinburgh, i think and happy to continue.

robw
09-09-2008, 23:02
i was the rep for the southwest.it covered plymouth,cornwall and i think the torquay area,correct me if i am wrong.:)

BriC
09-09-2008, 23:04
I was/is Area Rep for the North West region. It covered quite a few areas which escape my memory, but just to let members know I'm still here! :cool:

I became the rep. for Manchester :agree:

sphinX
09-09-2008, 23:06
I would like to help more with the club. I'm new to the 5 engine but I could always help with meets etc :)

Adey aka Ewok
10-09-2008, 19:22
i think i was the man for the shire of gloucester but cant remember oops

Beardo
10-09-2008, 20:13
i think i was the man for the shire of gloucester but cant remember oops

Im not sure about main man but you were the rep ! :D

Karlos
11-09-2008, 09:37
As Scoff says all the up-to date info was lost when the site went down, the latest info I have was from 2007 when I did the big re-structure from the Midlands down South.

Porblem is as has been said my internet access is limited at the moment but I need to sort the Area Reps out as soon as possible. However, we don't want a rep for each postcode, it will still be setup the same as was before.

Leave your details and I will get onto it as soon as possible.

Ashy.

You still have the image map you played with?

jaffa
12-09-2008, 07:28
this area of the club deffo need a good shake up its one of the best ways to get the club out there new members,local meetings,convoys,idea,tech help etc etc ...but we need pro active area reps not just keyboard warriors...im sure ashy will shake things up for the good when he has done his loft conversion..and had a baby....and finished his death shed....and his new clio....:laugh:

Ricardo
12-09-2008, 20:21
I'm not an area rep but don't mind helping out fellow RTOC club members in my area of Southend and the local area, i've organised Southend meets before, done T Shirts and stickers for club members too, along with the caliper extenders group buy too. I'm heading down to Ashford to see ShopBoy tomorrow to help out and have a chat :)

Going through a few home issues at the moment but getting back in the swing of things slowly :coffee:

Chris Hebden
13-09-2008, 16:37
One idea i have had is that their are 2 area reps for each area? If thier is a need as i imagine some can become quite stretched at times? Is that a viable option maybe?

Ashy
14-09-2008, 09:09
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

im sure ashy will shake things up for the good when he has done his loft conversion..and had a baby....and finished his death shed....and his new clio....:laugh:

Do I detect a hint of Sarcasm there Mr Fearn?

Lofts getting its last coat of paint today, carpet down and I can move in :), baby's not due till Christmas day, engines going in the 182 next weekend and the death shed (I'd Prefer it if you referred to it as the Toaster) is ready to kick your ass all over Mallory Park!!

Ashy
14-09-2008, 09:10

You still have the image map you played with?

Yes m8, still got all the HTML aswell to make it work just the data's out of date by a year!

jaffa
14-09-2008, 22:44

Do I detect a hint of Sarcasm there Mr Fearn?

Lofts getting its last coat of paint today, carpet down and I can move in :), baby's not due till Christmas day, engines going in the 182 next weekend and the death shed (I'd Prefer it if you referred to it as the Toaster) is ready to kick your ass all over Mallory Park!!

who me?????? never :rolleyes:

youngscottie
16-09-2008, 18:04
First post!

i would be willing to help out in the central scotland area:)
as im fairly sure in the time ive been a member theres been no one!

Mike Wilson@ PCS
17-09-2008, 19:28
i would do scotland ? ;)

Mike Wilson@ PCS
17-09-2008, 19:33
i would do scotland ? ;)

lol its areas ,,, doh ,,up north, fife and lothians ?????

James5
20-09-2008, 09:33
JRP was Redhill, not sure if he's on here yet though.
Wasn't Bill Kingston ??

JRP is not about much these days he has lost interest in the 5 due to a run of recent problems so is selling the 5 & his Vee and getting a motorbike, not a nice thought of JRP in leathers:laugh: I don't mind helping out with the Redhill area I seem to help a few peeps in the CR as Wez (Blacktea is no longer a member) so don't mind helping or takeing on the RH & CR area:):coffee:

Martyn....11 Turbo
20-09-2008, 16:01
Whos the Area Rep for my Area?? Carshalton/Sutton (SM postcode)

The Pink Panther
23-09-2008, 18:54

I could Do Cork/Munster/Ireland iv had 5 R5 turbos an no abit about them at this stage lol! id be glad to give any of the irish members a hand or some guidence!
uv got to rember there are a couple of irish members on the site now ;)!

///Alan

James5
24-09-2008, 09:01
I was Area Rep for Brighton & Guildford IIRC.
Don't mind still doing it & helping members out, or if someone else fancies one or both of the area's then they can do it.

Steve:smokin:

I don't mind assisiting or taking over as the area rep for the BN & GU postcode area if Steve wants a break and even the RH area if JRP wants a break aswell:smokin::coffee:

Kris M
29-09-2008, 20:12
I dont mind helping out as area rep for round my way :)

Brigsy
29-09-2008, 22:18
I was area rep for north east, happy to continue :)