PDA

View Full Version : Any news from pod yet?

stu21t
21-05-2010, 13:20
Surely some1 there's got an iPhone or blackberry to keep us poor sods at work in the know?

dave r5
21-05-2010, 13:29
Yeah come on lads.

James5
21-05-2010, 13:40
I have heard that Brigsy in the van has done a 13.09 with I think it was 109 terminal.

Markey mark in the campus has done a 12.6 with 104 terminal

A Civic has done 10.9 secs this is not the back yard racing civic though.

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-05-2010, 14:29
Fair play to brigsy :agree:

Trevhib
21-05-2010, 15:15
Brigsy is going to have a 12sec van. Just brilliant :laugh:

Ross
21-05-2010, 17:59
Hey guys from memory brigsy got a 12.8 in the van I think! Not hundred percent on that one but scoff ran a 10.524 I think it was 10.5 something anyway so he's broke his record

Adam L
21-05-2010, 18:06
Scoff made a 10.3 @ 143 and brigsy did a 12.8 at 106

philg
21-05-2010, 18:21
Do you think scoff will change his avatar again :)

5teve L
21-05-2010, 18:56
Scoff made a 10.3 @ 143 and brigsy did a 12.8 at 106

10.3, thats impressive !

mind you 12.8 in a brick ain't bad going either...

Kenobi
21-05-2010, 19:11
It was great there today, bloody good turnout. More camping than i thought aswell so they will be there 2moz.

Loved Markey marks Campus. Thats just badass!!

Also saw a very nice Pearlesant white 5 flying up the strip this morning that had me drooling. Whos was that?

I'm glad to say my 5 kept up with the turbo lads on the motorway and it got some nice comments from new peeps I met. Always nice that. :agree:

Good to chat with the usual crew and make some new buddies.

I loved Goo's enthusiasm, at one point this morning im sure his mates were pulling bits of the engine to see if it would go faster. :wasntme: Quality.

Great to see such good turn out!! Keep it up RTOC.

hydrotec78
21-05-2010, 19:15
Markymark pulled a 12.6 @ 108mph in the campus, but then the head lifted so he called it a day.

BigWilly425
21-05-2010, 20:18
had a great day - good to meet some new faces and also see some of the regulars again... didn't think the Williams did too bad.. 15.09 for a standard car... most addictive fun.. hope to do it again sometime!

Spooky
21-05-2010, 20:18
Just got in - awesome day and a fair few fcuking awesome cars!

We all know how clued up Scoff is but his R5 is something out of this world. He's put some serious time, effort and of course knowledge into that car and it's paying off!

He did a few runs - varying from 10.3 to 10.5sec @ 143mph :agree:

Glen Hi5's efi/nitrous car was pretty poky :D

Marky Marks campus was pulling 12s til it decided to misbehave :p

TommyBs brother in the silver ph1 took a serious amount of stick and it never missed a beat pulling low 13s all day long!

Brigsys van was quite good - pulled a 12sqm like he said he would/wanted :agree:

Roll on National Day :)

Markey Mark (BD)
21-05-2010, 21:16
Just got in myself, had an awesome day. :D

Campus didn't do too bad for its first outing, yeah she decided to have abit of a paddy later on in the day. Had no idea something was wromng with it till i saw colour of water, nicely mixed with oil in the header tank but oil in engine is fine.
Don't worry she'll be back soon with a few more tweeks! :D
Best of the day was a 12.65@108.2

Scoff's car is just amazing me more and more everytime i see it, awesome time!

Glens (Hi 5) car was going well till the box had a problem which was a shame.

BYR boys are back in the tens, saw them pull a 10.9@131mph near end of the day :agree:

In all had an awesome day, same again next year! :)

allanr5gtt
21-05-2010, 21:20
what time did glen (hi5 ) do?

Markey Mark (BD)
21-05-2010, 21:22
what time did glen (hi5 ) do?

I saw him do an 11.9 but remember him mentioning that his highest terminal of the day was 123mph

dangerous dave
21-05-2010, 21:36
also had a great day and a good chat to loads of people:) well done anyone running as always good to watch:cool:

im sure everyones wondering how my astravan did...

200 miles round trip and 1/8 of a tank of diesel:smokin: thats some good mpg right there:agree:

Spooky
21-05-2010, 22:09
Yea I spoke to Rob @ Backyard, they were having a few niggles all day I think lol Still managed to pull a VERY respectable 10 sec pass :niceone:

jamie_8
21-05-2010, 22:47
had a great day out, rinsing my little shed up the strip all day :smokin:, and it never missed a beat.

best time was only 15.7, as the engines running standard boost at the moment, but its the taking part that counts

going to aim for the 14's next year ;)

jamie_8
21-05-2010, 22:48
also had a great day and a good chat to loads of people:) well done anyone running as always good to watch:cool:

im sure everyones wondering how my astravan did...

200 miles round trip and 1/8 of a tank of diesel:smokin: thats some good mpg right there:agree:

you should have taken your old dears 182 :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
22-05-2010, 00:05
QUALITY!!!

The lads have just opened the Dodgems at 11:00 odd & we've had a few late night drunken RTOC Dodgem sessions!!!

Theirs going to be some sore people in the morning :laugh::laugh:

minty83
22-05-2010, 00:35
Hey guys from memory brigsy got a 12.8 in the van I think! Not hundred percent on that one but scoff ran a 10.524 I think it was 10.5 something anyway so he's broke his record
thats truely impressive from scoff..no1 deserves it more tho:)

Mudslinger
22-05-2010, 00:50
just in the door 5 mins , sunburnt, tired and skint (£200 on fuel trailering the 5 to the pod ), best run out of the 11runs i got in the morning before i lost the alty belt and for some reason the lower altenator bolt was a 13.08@112mph i was just feeling the new tyres starting to work when the belt snapped kinda gutted to be honest really wanted to get a 12s pass today its defo there if i could just get the starts right and maybe some traction, maybe next year :(

thanks to the guys that offered help today pushing the 5 from the end of the strip, the guy that gave me the fan belt and especially the 2 guys that grabbed the marquee legs after a sudden gust of wind almost dragged it across my car cheers guys nice reactions :agree:

Adey aka Ewok
22-05-2010, 08:25
good day had, got a slight tint to me now. pulled a quite respectable 14.4 in the clio with just the back seats out, would of brought the 11 but as shes for sale i couldnt of really given her death on the strip. some very fast times posted in the day good to chill and have a few beers too:agree:

jimmy_b
22-05-2010, 11:29
awesome day out!glad i went now just a shame mine didnt make it.
scoffs car :eek:

loads of quick cars there and defo looking forward to the next one!

Jessop
22-05-2010, 12:09
Me and the lady are sat down at pod at the mo Indulging in sausage and egg sernies, good times.

Always good to catch up with you Rtoc lot,

When am I getting my new club status; fire warden Haha !

Dodgems was quality last night, totally unexpected, some real nice cars outside today too, GTR OWNERS club etc. Mmmm.

Unfortunate issue with heater matrix completely failing this morning meant for some PMT nodding to the hoses in the bay, and a 13mm socket.. lol

See you all at mallory !!

Scoff
22-05-2010, 12:22
Didn't get back till 1am, sat on the M6 stuck in road works at brum!

10.37 @ 143.9 for the final run, really pleased with that. managed not to video it with the in-car and non of the normal crowd got a video either so if anyone captured it I'd be made up if you could send it over :)

Spooky
22-05-2010, 12:48
Chris, I waited for ages for that run, I had a vid cam ready for it but I needed to go to the loo quite badly, theres only so long you can hold back...and sods law you pull a 10.3 when I decide to go :laugh:

I do have a couple of ok vids on my iPhone which I'll upload later...both were the 10.5 runs :smokin:

markey b
22-05-2010, 13:10
awesome day out!! my trusty raider made it there and back, with only one issue with intercooler pipes on the hot side expanding... dont use guttering kids! :agree:

LampsR5
22-05-2010, 15:22
awesome day, first time ever on the strip managed a 13.9 in the end in the 5 had a major problem with traction using yoko s drives...wheel spinning in 1st and 2nd, hopeing for low 13's next time as a low comp engine and cams goin in :D

civic was awesome, backyard racing guys really have got it spot on,any ideas on what tyres to use next time?

also wtf was in that tigra turbo...that thing was stupid quick

Hi 5
22-05-2010, 15:49
a big thanks to the mad sceintist:D nice to see the backyard boys in the 10s there was quite a few people broke there pd and well done hopfully next time for me car was good shame about the gearbox.

J8TRO
22-05-2010, 16:27
Top day and night, great turn out and as per usual RTOC the weather was booked in advance.

Good Midlands turn out, well done LampsRS and Ian MM for 13 sec runs, my car ran a mid 14 but was holding back in 3rd boooooooo...........kris M and spooky I might have to take up some offers of carb help :D

Brigsy............that van is class, love it.

Never thought i'd see the day an RTOC fire was put out by a fire truck :wasntme:, but it relighted itself (BYR ;))

Matt Hall was at his first show, top lad we played him up all weekend with tricks like thinking his car was on fire but he took it all in good jest.

Looking forward to ND already

andyrg
22-05-2010, 17:07
Well done too all glad every one had a great time, ill see you next year i hope

Shane P
22-05-2010, 17:17
Glad i finally had the chance to meet everyone and put some names and faces together :)

TNT ANDY
22-05-2010, 17:50
Just up-loading some dodgem video. Standby
:)

TNT ANDY
22-05-2010, 17:51

10.37 @ 143.9 for the final run, really pleased with that. managed not to video it with the in-car and non of the normal crowd got a video either so if anyone captured it I'd be made up if you could send it over :)

Only got the 10.5x run I'm afraid fella, can send you that if you like.

Am I ok to post it up on here?

Rob@Backyardracing
22-05-2010, 17:58
aiii, a cracking day out had by us, mucho thanks to everyone for organsing it :)

our day was a bit dissapointing really, spent a good few hours early on trying to get our new boost controller working, (which lets us control boost in every gear), but alas could not get it working, so had to re-fit the bleed valve :(
once we got it back up to its normal boost levels we then was back to low traction in 1st and 2nd, 30psi in 1st gear=:sad2:, (anyone who saw our later passes would know what im talking about :laugh: ) but then upon checking our datalogs realised car was rather lean, so started to adjust the map, but hit 100% injector duty, so could go no further with the tuning. car is making more power now than last year, as we didnt max out the injectors last year, but now its 130kg heavier, hence only the same 10.9@132 lol

great chatting with everyone, and an amusing night :D

Scoff
22-05-2010, 18:27
Only got the 10.5x run I'm afraid fella, can send you that if you like.

Am I ok to post it up on here?

Yeah, please do Andy :)

gtmatt
22-05-2010, 18:28
What a cracking day and night hands down to the Rtoc , think this has to be the best Renault club on the net ,such good spirit in renaults

Got mild whip lash from dogems cheers mart :)

Can I say a big thanks to the club and miller and other members who made it a great meet

Matt :)

TNT ANDY
22-05-2010, 18:54
Yeah, please do Andy :)

Uploading now

TNT ANDY
22-05-2010, 18:57
http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=4872452011/a=282633011_282633011/

Can anyone see the photo's

Rob@Backyardracing
22-05-2010, 19:06
i missed the 10.3 pass with the cam sadly, but next best thing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLp_svoVU0

:D

Rob@Backyardracing
22-05-2010, 19:09
Never thought i'd see the day an RTOC fire was put out by a fire truck :wasntme:, but it relighted itself (BYR ;))

:laugh: forgot about that, bloody handy that portable air bed pump...

Adam L
22-05-2010, 19:11
:laugh: forgot about that, bloody handy that portable air bed pump...

I heard one of those go off at about 1am or so and turned around to see a person, now identified as you, trying to relight the fire with your bed pump:laugh:

Rob@Backyardracing
22-05-2010, 19:12
Did anyone see TDI northwests blow out with the civc ep3 at 140mph...:eek:

JRP
22-05-2010, 19:12
What a cracking event as always :)

Pete@Backyard Racing
22-05-2010, 19:21
Great club and a great weekend. Drunken dogems was awesome. Cant wait till mallory!:burnrubber::cool2::beer::agree::goodJob:

shaggy
22-05-2010, 19:22
What a cracking event as always :)

It was the ****ing nuts..what a week end :):agree:

TNT ANDY
22-05-2010, 19:35
i missed the 10.3 pass with the cam sadly, but next best thing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLp_svoVU0

:D

And from the stands:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcrSe0r4TmM

TNT ANDY
22-05-2010, 19:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMC2Z8ZAui8

Dodgem madness

GTphil
22-05-2010, 19:53
Nice to catch up with everyone! Top weekend, I was worn out by the end of it 4 hours sleep in 4 days just isn't healthy!

I managed a 13.4 @ 97mph at 20psi in the raider, I had to come completely off the gas about 5/6car lengths from the line.

I did run a 99.6 terminal but had problems with the flote/chamber emptying at the top of third/fourth.

Few tweeks to try and hopefully more boost should see that improve:D

Scoff your car is a monster!:agree:

Plenty of good times by other fives. who ever has the white five with the polished willy wheels, that looks :cool::agree:.

jaffa
22-05-2010, 20:01
another fantastic few days at pod a big thanks to stu and miller who organised it all...and good luck for any future events to big steve.....pod staff are top notch...the dodgems a winner....all our cars almost ok stus and robbos 5lag back on there t2 after a midnight change over in the hotel car park it had to happen...jonty put his new turbo off adam on in the campsite then did a few runs up the strip all good......ashys unfortunatly had to come home on the aa truck and will be home at approx 12 midnight tonight so a long day for him...and mine seems ok after 14 runs and a good caning on the motorway just a fuelling problem when flat shifting???? need to look at that but markey mark and brigsy had a similar fault??? temps maybe?? but yeah these events getting better every year well done RTOC :agree:

Rob@Backyardracing
22-05-2010, 21:11
just spotted this too on youtube, craking vid :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQyUBfoTuHk&feature=related

love the commentary

Brigsy
22-05-2010, 21:38
Another awesome do at the pod:D good to see the regs & new faces.

Finally broke the van into the twelves with a 12.8@106. Done it on 2nd run then struggled to do a clean run again due to fuelling problems! Done a few 13.0 runs so its heading in the right direction :cool:

Awesome crack on the evening, some rtoc comedy gold moments:D Roll on the next one.

Got some good pics here will get them uploaded soon:)

The new Bill J
22-05-2010, 22:23
Brilliant :agree:

What an event - That must have been the best one I've been to in a long time. It was good to see so any old faces up there, and meet a few new people as well. That was my first time at 'pod in two years, and although I'm not a huge fan of drag racing, I've really missed the place/events there.

It was a bit strange at times. As cars drove past, a few of us were recognising the cars, but the owners have all changed. Several rounds of: 'Look, it's such and such's old car' rang out throughout the day. It's good to see them all still going though.

The campsite/beer antics were hilarious, with plenty of gold moments, and comments. The winner for me has to be Ricardo's 'Barry Sheen'. And I just have to say a few thank you's to: Steve and Onion, Sammy Tripod, Mart and Vinegar, Ray Banned, and of course, Billy Pallet :laugh:

Fair play to the 'pod staff for opening up the dodgems - What a laugh that was.

Finally, congrats to Scoff as well. I never got a chance to speak to you during the day, but Holy crap, that thing is awesome! You're also a nutter. Firstly, you're driving a Renault 5 at over 140mph :scared:. Secondly, you're running a gtt from standstill to off the clock in less than 1/4 of a mile :scared:. And thirdly, you're doing it with 6psi of air in the front tyres :eek:

Lunatic :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
22-05-2010, 22:53
The campsite/beer antics were hilarious, with plenty of gold moments, and comments. The winner for me has to be Ricardo's 'Barry Sheen'. And I just have to say a few thank you's to: Steve and Onion, Sammy Tripod, Mart and Vinegar, Ray Banned, and of course, Billy Pallet :laugh:

Don't forget about Vod Col! :laugh:

The new Bill J
22-05-2010, 22:56
Don't forget about Vod Col! :laugh:

:laugh:

I knew there was one I forgot :ashamed:

sphinX
22-05-2010, 22:58
Sounds like an awesome day out, sorry I couldn't make it this year like last but there's always next year :laugh: see you all at national day :agree:

Spooky
23-05-2010, 00:25
Good Midlands turn out, well done LampsRS and Ian MM for 13 sec runs, my car ran a mid 14 but was holding back in 3rd boooooooo...........kris M and spooky I might have to take up some offers of carb help :D

Dude...your carb spec isn't bad but it's not ideal...the main jet is too big for starters tho :p

Stick a 1.2mm main jet back in and look at the a/c and enrichment circuit for additional fuelling on boost and increased revs.

Has the a/c been adjusted?

Any enrichment circuit modifications?

You're more than welcome to wing it down to me for a day of tweeking and tuning...you won't see much change out of 20psi though :burnrubber: :p

Logg
23-05-2010, 04:14
Wow cracking day as always :agree: thanks to the committee and all those that helped organise the day.

Great to see everyone old and new. :) and well done on some great times.

I did 15 runs before I popped the car. :cry: The best run was a 14.01@100mph So close to my taget of cracking a 13 with with all my interior still in place. But the best part was seeing my 60ft times come down from 2.7 at the start of the day to 2.1 :cool: with my normal road tyres still on.:D As said by a few other people said on the day I also had what felt like a cutting out issue when hooking 2nd&3rd so never got a clean run. :confused:

Car is almost back together one of the fire rings on the H/G looked like an egg. :crap:

Massive thanks to Robbie aka Turbo Ted for putting my car on his towing dolly and letting me drive his Stock 5 GTT home, Wow what a pleasure that car is too drive you forget how nice these cars are out of the box. :agree::agree:

Till next time peoples:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree::agree:

Dave Reed
23-05-2010, 08:16

Very well done fella :agree: awsome time!! Gutted I missed it, should be out soon though...

rs250nut
23-05-2010, 08:38
What an awesome weekend, a massive thank you for all those involved in setting up this amazing weekend, as long as you keep doing these I will be there every year. Bit gutted to not be racing but watching some of you lads running 10's has given me some motivation. The night time antics also made up for not racing, thanks for the guys who sold me 20 cans of stella at 12, me and a few others got through 68 cans in the end. And did I feel it in the morning, thaks to all those we camped with and a massive thank you for mike for bringing the bbq. Roll on next year with the renda

Ashy
23-05-2010, 08:56
Great day (and night) well done to all those pushing the limits!! 10 seconds is the new 12 seconds it seems!

Got home at 8:30 last night after a pre 11am start, 210miles, 3 aa men and 10 long hours on the road! Still its always worth it for the crack! See ya'll next year.

Smokey
23-05-2010, 09:57
It was a great day, didnt know what to expect at first but it was quality, it was great to see how concenrned everyone was and came over to help when certain individuals put smoke bombs under my car so it looked like it was on fire.
Thank god Krissy M didnt go wild with his extinguisher and spray my bay but thanks for the carb lesson and im with J8tro be good to come down and see how you use your LM1 so we can all do it our selves up in the West Midlands.

Bring on Mallory.:agree: and get to meet a few more faces i didnt get to speak too.

Mat

djinuk
23-05-2010, 10:28
Awesome weekend, loved every min, got to meet a few new faces... big steve, turbo ted, ross, also my friends really enjoyed it , and there certainly was some very quick 5's.

Bring on nationals day i guess.

asbo
23-05-2010, 12:36
im so sunburnt!! lol was a great day loads of nice cars and loads of good people to talk to can't wait to take my car out on track in augest :) :agree:

THE MASTER
23-05-2010, 13:58
brilliant day, brilliant company, brilliant cars .
im still brussed after the bummper car anticks. and i had a free go somhow i got an extra token. result
i was nearly the last one in bed at somthing like 5:00am but turbo ted and his misses out done me.
well done to everyone what a brilliant time i had .THANKS TO ALL.:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

LampsR5
23-05-2010, 14:13
rofl matt j8tro told me the plan before we left, i hope to god he listened to me and filmed it hahaha

i cant say how much i enjoyed the day , i was the one riding around on j8tros bmx (toilet taxi) for most of the day haha (genius jay) , also my mrs who has never been to a car show/meet/event before really enjoyed herself so thats another positive.

so hats off and thanks to the organisers for this also just want to say thanks to the midlands lot for a good turnout and great day, and a quick thanks to ryan/ianmm for sorting out my fan, roll on the next one :agree:

p.s love you nayj, can you cut my hair tomorrow night? thanks mate.

J8TRO
23-05-2010, 14:18
p.s love you nayj, can you cut my hair tomorrow night? thanks mate.

:laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
23-05-2010, 16:27
Hi all. Had a really good time in the day , weather was corking and plenty of cars there etc, shame i wasnt in a 5, only in the clio but one is being made mint and the others arent even road legal...:laugh:, to be honest the strip doesnt do that much for me, having said that , it is great to see others go at it hammer and tongs to beat their personal best times...:D, my main reason was to meet up with old and new friends alike, of which i did...:agree:, it was bloody mint seeing so many people and chatting when possible, damn i love this club, what a smashin group of people!!!!!...:), sorry i didnt stay around and that i missed the evening antics but me uncle had his 60th today and it would of been curtains if i missed it...:laugh:, well after a spirited journey home in convoy with mr bean and co , i was merely left with the memories of a great day and that vision of what i wont forget in a long time of scoff pulling a 10.3..:eek:, good goin mate...well done the organisers, job well done..jeebus.

fidos got a raider
23-05-2010, 17:12
What a weekend haven't had one like that in years.
Got burnt to a crisp both days but not as bad as phill. Want to give the lads I was with a big thank you for making it worth while. Glad to see the new and the old members again

Kris M
23-05-2010, 22:17
Just got back in myself, after an extended evening at Big Steves last night :)...Was a superb day and night at Pod, the old ph1 never missed a beat on the strip, and still managed to blast home in the 30 degree heat from Steves today :D

Great to see the usual faces + meet some new ones.....Was a great moment driving Brigsy`s van with over 15 people crammed in the back + on the roof for a toilet run :laugh: :wasntme:

D4WNO
23-05-2010, 22:24
Lol, the van was great, I couldn't stop laughing for a while. I didn't even know it was a toilet trip, I just saw everyone bundling in and thought I'll have some of that fun too :laugh:

So many great moments, yet another RTOC success. Can't wait for Mallory now :agree:

Mr Raider
23-05-2010, 22:43
Mega weekend, first time been up the strip, defo take raider back for another blat, cheers everyone and rtoc, word out :) :agree::agree::agree:

philr5t
23-05-2010, 23:58
fantastic weekend out of this world well done to those who run there cars at pod cant wait for mallory hats off to all you party boys for making my evening one to remember ;)

Coops
24-05-2010, 09:49
i had a wicked time, good to meet people, altho i have no idea what anyones names are again now, totally forgot!

laid a PB of 12.54@117mph in the clio as well, so more than happy with that and with some slicks i should be into the 11's next time :cool:

Spooky
24-05-2010, 10:23
i had a wicked time, good to meet people, altho i have no idea what anyones names are again now, totally forgot!

laid a PB of 12.54@117mph in the clio as well, so more than happy with that and with some slicks i should be into the 11's next time :cool:

Dude, your car was doing so well...run after run, just kept going :agree:

Its weird how it doesnt sound turbo charged on full chat but goes like a stabbed rat :laugh:

Kenobi
24-05-2010, 10:31

Good to meet ya coops. Good time that well done. :agree:

djinuk
24-05-2010, 10:54
ah coops , so your the one rocking the funny hulk t--shirt on friday..

Im the dude who unfortunatly had to make the venture in th diesel orange n black pug.

Good to meet ya anyway and the clio looked sweet.

Coops
24-05-2010, 11:01
lol, cheers boys, yeah remarkably it behaved itself impeccably for once, my last trip to pod i stripped first gear on the first run of the day!!! lmao!

as said, room for improvement yet, if i can sort my 60ft to sub 2 secs i should see the business end of the 12's so thats something to aim for as the terminal speed is healthy enough :cool:

yeah, did you dig the irony of the hulk t-shirt on the skinniest guy there :agree: :laugh:

Shane P
24-05-2010, 11:02
Im the dude who unfortunatly had to make the venture in th diesel orange n black pug.

I did wonder who that belonged to :D

djinuk
24-05-2010, 11:14
haha , indeed i did notice the irony of it :P, cool t-shirt though, somthing i would buy.

The dervs a great tug monster but god damn, that cheap ass satin black paint dont half heat up fast in the sun!!

Jessop
24-05-2010, 13:31
would be worse,

could have spend 5k on a neon house of kolor paint job for it to fade in the sunlight :p

Didnt know it was you in the pug otherwise i'd have come over and said HAI =]

I didnt get back til 11pm on sat night mind after a detour to Liverpool to pick an exhaust up. another great day had by all it seems.

Cant wait for Mallory now, as long as i can get time off work :coffee:

Rob@Backyardracing
24-05-2010, 17:52

Slicks you say, drop me a PM, im selling the ones of the civic....

TommyB
24-05-2010, 18:12
Had a Awesome day, Made me really pleased to be part of the RTOC.

Another massive well done to Scoff, you so have a 9 in the car :agree: Would be insane to be the first uk FWD in to the 9s.

A massive well done to my brother who drove his silver phase 1 to a 13.3@ 101.75 on a T2 with no nitrous. And only with 15psi of boost.

Big thanks to Glenn for the T40 torx, i put that back on your tool box as you were very busy. Also you made an 11 look so damm easy. Also hats off for going 123mph :agree: thats flying for a C1J.

Nice to see a campus run a 12.6 with marky mark at the wheel. :smokin: You know the nitrous makes sense,

AlexS
24-05-2010, 18:38
Sounded like a good weekend chaps. I really wanted to be there but work got in the way.:(

Congrats Scoff! 9's not so far off now.:eek::cool: I'll make sure I'm there for your next competition runs Chris.

Billy, catch up next weekend pal.:beer::smokin:

Markey Mark (BD)
24-05-2010, 20:12
Nice to see a campus run a 12.6 with marky mark at the wheel. :smokin: You know the nitrous makes sense,

Don't worry mate i'm on the same wave length! :D

Spooky
24-05-2010, 21:56
A massive well done to my brother who drove his silver phase 1 to a 13.3@ 101.75 on a T2 with no nitrous. And only with 15psi of boost.

Tom, yours brothers car was awesome...he mustve done well over 50 runs and it showed no signs of giving up :agree:

Spooky
24-05-2010, 21:56
Don't worry mate i'm on the same wave length! :D

Hmm, 11 second Campus anyone...:wasntme:

Markey Mark (BD)
24-05-2010, 22:03
Hmm, 11 second Campus anyone...:wasntme:

We'll see mate, got to gain the extra half second first.

She'll be having few tweeks done now engine is coming apart.

mr bean aka pete
24-05-2010, 22:37
what a great day me and missus bean really enjoyed are selves big thanks to everyone putting the effort in to organising it :agree: nice to see some new faces and catch up with all the regulars :cool: some very fast cars there and seeing scoffs record :smokin: shame we couldnt stay for the camping but plans were already made for the weekend :crap: nice pleasant drive back with jesus in tow :D will see you all again soon.

Scoff
25-05-2010, 01:09
it's god awfull quality, but I uploaded a quick in-car vid of one of the 10.5 sec runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A632N-0YMvk

Big Steve - Raider
25-05-2010, 04:24
:burnrubber::worship::niceone: That's just AWESOME Scoff!!

You make it look so simple and smooth!! Certainly doesn't look like you're doing 140mph odd as you cross the line!!

Hi 5
25-05-2010, 11:04
it's god awfull quality, but I uploaded a quick in-car vid of one of the 10.5 sec runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A632N-0YMvk
nice looking helmet. whos the ****er cutting across the strip :dearme: