PDA

View Full Version : Engine Management

Kenobi
14-10-2008, 08:21
Anyone have experience with newish cars?

I have a colt czt that has a very girly ecu. It often goes into safe mode and stuff.

Anyhow I got a scangauge on it and it came up with a code that roughly translated to the mitsi as a Transmission fault.

What could that be?? How would the ecu know if the gearbox was shagged? which it aint?

PS

if Scoff reads this can he or someone else explain what a standalone ECU would do. Also wat is a piggyback

:p(and i dont mean when ya mate gets on ya back and then ya fight ya other mates with thier legs, How good where piggyback fights!!!?)

Duncan Grier
14-10-2008, 09:30
Google is your friend for fault codes ;)

Have no idea what sensors are on you car for the box :(

Kenobi
14-10-2008, 12:27
Google is your friend for fault codes ;)

Have no idea what sensors are on you car for the box :(

Thats how i found out what it meant but i cannot see what it is to do with the ecu??

Scoff
14-10-2008, 20:16
standalone is something that works independently of the rest of the car, so an after market ECU.

piggy back is an additional boards with some gubbins and some re-writable device on that works with the existing ECU.

Sparkie
14-10-2008, 22:00
what was the code EXACTLY?
what scanner did you use?
and did you read it through EOBD or actually communicate with the ecu directly...?

Kenobi
16-10-2008, 17:45
what was the code EXACTLY?
what scanner did you use?
and did you read it through EOBD or actually communicate with the ecu directly...?

ooh fck, I used a scangauge 2. Plugged it in via scart socket under steering wheel. the code was P1963

WhiteR5
16-10-2008, 18:31
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I had a clot czt and the fella that mapped my evo's z that the czt could be mapped so try one off the evo tunners to look at it. RC designs or Norris designs for example should be able to help you.

Cool car all the same, such a sleeper car i found

Adam L
16-10-2008, 19:33
Those jokers will probably charge you £500 for the privelage of being on their premises:rolleyes:. I've never seen such rediculous prices for parts.

Trevhib
16-10-2008, 22:36
Go to Prima then Adam :D