PDA

View Full Version : gt loom

REGGY5GT
19-05-2010, 19:26
i know which wires are which i need off the volvo loom but just a couple of wires i need to confirm on the 5, such as the location in engine bay for the ignition live,rev counter and the wire i need to put the fuel pump. im thinking the pump wire is by the old coil but just need someone to confirm, thanks.

Markey Mark (BD)
19-05-2010, 19:31
The ignition live, i persume you mean the wire that feeds the inside of the car, comes off the battery.

The rev gauge and the fuel pump relay work from the same wire mate, its the pink wire on the 3 oin plug on the AEI unit.
If you want the direct wire to the fuel pump then its the white wire on the fuel pump relay plug (under the dash)

REGGY5GT
19-05-2010, 20:53
basically what i mean is the wires that comes off the red plug for the fuel pump(grey/red) on the volvo loom, does that go straight to the fuel pump + side, and the ecu controls the rest?? thanks

Haz
28-05-2010, 07:45
red/grey volvo fuel pump wire to chunky white in gtt o/s footwell
extend tacho wire from aei pink (i thought it was the grey one mark?) to the earth, blue terminal on the coil pack
use aei yellow wire for ignition live to ecu, grey(may have white tracer) on volvo loom.
the main volvo loom live comes out near the throttle position, tdc and icv connectors

REGGY5GT
03-06-2010, 22:52
very useful bit of info there lads, will save it and use when i come to wire it in, thanks

Andyhot
04-06-2010, 10:57
I think you also need a cranking live connected to the blue/white tracer.
Ive taken mine from the wire at the ignition barrel (thick orange IIrc ) but think you could use the starter exciter wire.
Sorry if its already been said above (I might of missed it.)
Andy.