PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox issues

scott25
19-05-2010, 00:20
Well bin a good week managed to get new crank seal in, engine back in all up and runnin drives and pulls very well, only issue is to reverse i have to hold it in gear and it still kicks it out somtimes, 5th also feels the same its the r5 box on b18 lump anyone any ideas, thanks

Haz
28-05-2010, 07:47
could you have bent or moved the linkage? could just be a faulty box, if its a fault from before you stripped it and gettin worse then more than likely

scott25
29-05-2010, 01:15
when it was on c1j it was fine, could av bent somthin without realisin i suppose, i also fitted quick shift and shorter link so may fit standard link to see if it alters anythin, thanks for that anyway

scott25
31-05-2010, 15:17
well had another play with this little prob today, put the standard link onto box gave it a try and bang on, first gear a little tight but thats bought it , one step closer for mot :)

Haz
31-05-2010, 20:52
if its a lil tight then just adjust it more. i've used the b&m short shift and after alot of reducing the ball on the end of the small linkage rod, ended up puttin the original back on wth the short shift lever.