PDA

View Full Version : Small hose connectors

J8TRO
13-10-2008, 22:21
Can anyone tell me where to get straight connectors, reducers and "T" piece's for all the small hoses etc in the engine bay? I need to re-do some of the pipes that have been put back on the car after the rebuild incorrectly.

Thanks in advance

Oh also, why would someone run a hose into the car (to a guage that is no longer there) from the same hose you run the vac feed to activate a dump valve? or has this been put back on to the car incorrectly? Just wondered, as i found a hose behind my digital clock and traced it back....

Purple_rob
13-10-2008, 22:38
In my last 5 I ran a pipe in for the boost gauge that sat where the clock used to be.

RHYSB
13-10-2008, 22:39
alright mate i bought some from bob at cgb not so long back so try there and with regards to the vac pipe is probably from a boost gauge :)

J8TRO
14-10-2008, 19:21
In my last 5 I ran a pipe in for the boost gauge that sat where the clock used to be.

But for a boost guage I imagine you take the feed from the std boost guage in the clocks.......

What sort of guage would be used from the vac hose used to activate the dump valve?

Oh and can anyone tell me where to get the connectors?

Thanks

James

OUTLAW
14-10-2008, 19:36
remove the clocks, cut the vac pipe on your standard boost gauge, leaving a bit of length, insert a t-piece, the run the vac pipe to the back of the new boost guage. this way, both will work, or just take off vac pipe on your standard guage and run it to the new one:agree:. yeah, bob at cbg or any local motorist spares shop for the connectors...

J8TRO
14-10-2008, 19:39
remove the clocks, cut the vac pipe on your standard boost gauge, leaving a bit of length, insert a t-piece, the run the vac pipe to the back of the new boost guage. this way, both will work, or just take off vac pipe on your standard guage and run it to the new one:agree:. yeah, bob at cbg or any local motorist spares shop for the connectors...

When you say local spares do you mean ECP or GSF? or somewhere else?

OUTLAW
14-10-2008, 19:39
i have cut the vac pipe that goes to my ecu, inserted i t-peice and ran that hose to my dump valve, hope thats right:confused:

Tiny Tim
14-10-2008, 19:40
Problem is, you're reading boost from carb top there, not manifold.

OUTLAW
14-10-2008, 19:46
not gsf mate, when you buy a boost guage, you usually get a roll of it. local motorist accessory shop, autoparts etc..try them..if your struggling, call bob at cbg in the morning:agree:

scratcher
14-10-2008, 22:27
But for a boost guage I imagine you take the feed from the std boost guage in the clocks.......

What sort of guage would be used from the vac hose used to activate the dump valve?

the standard guage shows you the pressure carb top.
the hose you have behind the clock postition would show you the pressure at the carb base, which is the best one to know probably.