PDA

View Full Version : Car revs funny

Slim
16-05-2010, 16:53
Can anyone help or advise me pls? I have just put my car back together after a valve broke. All is fine except,, when i press the accelerator,, the will nearly stall for a sec then rev normally. I have let it warm up and still the same.. what is this? carb problem?

it seems i have to rev slowly in the first place for it not to happen :scratch:

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2010, 16:55
Sounds like accelerator pump jet needs adjusting mate

Slim
16-05-2010, 17:07
thanks.. how do i do that? and why would it need adjusting wen it was ok before? what makes it mess up in other words?

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2010, 17:16
thanks.. how do i do that? and why would it need adjusting wen it was ok before? what makes it mess up in other words?

Check the accelerator pump jet is squirting nicely first, could be that its got abit of dirt in there.
Its the nozzle you see pointing towards the venturi, its should squirt a nice stream when the move the accelerator

Slim
16-05-2010, 17:20
ok thanks. I'll check that as soon as the rain stops. :)

Slim
17-05-2010, 10:12
Check the accelerator pump jet is squirting nicely first, could be that its got abit of dirt in there.
Its the nozzle you see pointing towards the venturi, its should squirt a nice stream when the move the accelerator
ok... i dont think its squirting properly :crap: now wat? ive taken the carb out..open it up?

Slim
18-05-2010, 02:20
k well... I took the carb out cos i think the jes isn't squirting like it should.. Ive opened up the carb.. and so far taken out the jet (in the float chamber.. accelerator pump jet?) and have cleaned that out.. but this isnt going to make it squirt better is it?

Slim
18-05-2010, 02:51
ok think i understand what you were saying now... (the brass tube pointing in the venturi..like a small tap? lol) i think that maybe blocked a bit... is it possible to remove this and clean it inside??

Slim
18-05-2010, 20:46
Update: I took out the accelerator pump jet (tap looking thing that squirts pertrol into the venturi) and cleaned it. Its squirting fine now,,except its still hessistates wen i put my foot down quickly (on idle). But its ok when applying throttle slowly..

I'll be taking my car to Colin to have a look.

Shane P
18-05-2010, 20:51
Can anyone help or advise me pls? I have just put my car back together after a valve broke. All is fine except,, when i press the accelerator,, the will nearly stall for a sec then rev normally. I have let it warm up and still the same.. what is this? carb problem?

it seems i have to rev slowly in the first place for it not to happen :scratch:

Loose HT leads ? Inlet manifold leak? :)

tiff_lee
18-05-2010, 21:05
Update: I took out the accelerator pump jet (tap looking thing that squirts pertrol into the venturi) and cleaned it. Its squirting fine now,,except its still hessistates wen i put my foot down quickly (on idle). But its ok when applying throttle slowly..

I'll be taking my car to Colin to have a look.
I have this exact same problem although I working away so been unable to investigfate further. However I did notice on mine there is a delay between me openign the throttle and the accel pump jet lever going in due to a weak spring or something.

Slim
19-05-2010, 20:01
Ok...so Colin sorted it. The problem was corrected my replacing my .90 air corrector with a 1.2