PDA

View Full Version : The experience and rush of driving powerful turbocharge cars

dave j gtt
16-05-2010, 03:30
What a great buzz, feeling major power in a new car for first time what a great rush.

Everytime i drive a new different turbo power car, i feel such a love for it. I respect the power and use with care, and in the right envirioment, I have always, with every car regardles to weather it has or hasnt got a turbo, Been sure to get use to car first before getting a little excited.

The feeling of unknown power and the pleasure it can bring, not knowing what it will feel like the first time, Or FOR that matter, how will it make you feel like when its been unleashed.

Got to drive mothers lotus esprit turbo SE this evening, this time all working singing and dancing WOW

At 27, i feel am 10x the man when i was 17 when i think of the times driving like a idiot with no control or real sence of the dangers, also without any real experience.
My buzz has always come from driving in controled manner, at times i drive fast, but within my limits and just about within the laws :wasntme:

So After about 30-40 mile, I was driving and had used the throttle and the boost :cool: but had not held it to the floor hard a tall or watched dash boost gauge, I was on my way home and came across a bypass all quite i did 150 mph:laugh:

Only joking am not wanting to lose my licence. I down shifted from 4th, I pressed and held throttle for about a 2 second burst of silly boost in 3th gear, that was enought to release a proper adrelin buzz.

I really didnt relise how to make the boost go nuts like that :eek:
With it being new to me and it being my mams car, Am me not about to start ruing it so i was pussy footing around in it,

I had for the first time experienced Full boost which i think is 1.25bar
so when i was driving round using no more than 0.75 it felt rather alike my "r5gtt" powerwise, which runs oe engine, t2, 1bar manifold.

long story short now :p it was immense and a joy to experience such a feeling. I can smell a big turbo coming for my car :cool:

Scoffs car with that engine power for the first time, would surly paint my pants brown :smokin: :laugh:

dave j gtt
16-05-2010, 03:35
hows my writing these day bill ? :agree: cheers i love rtoc :scared::goodJob::nohijack:

Coops
16-05-2010, 07:07
or a simple way to sum that up, a feeling shared by many on here, myself included

I :crush: BOOST!

:)

TNT ANDY
16-05-2010, 10:48
:agree:

dave j gtt
17-05-2010, 00:58
Scoff, how's it feel to do a 10 second pass ?
:goodJob: by the way. infact excellent job :cool:.

Just even better to get the surprise of a lot faster traps than you were expecting.

Do you get scared or nevous when full boost come on strong ?

I noticed you saying it had been a while since your last santa pod outing and it may have taken couple of runs to get in swing of expressing the most power out of your beast! Is it because of the above or just not being use to it ? !!!

The power your expressing is just Naughty :D :smokin:

Kenobi
17-05-2010, 09:40
:agree::)