PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

andyrg
13-05-2010, 13:09
Clutchs!!! Who woudl want one!!!

Covered 300miles in the car and its slipping already!!

What can people recomend for a higher powered car its going too be around 280hpwith the same torque.

I see on ebay there is a guy selling a orginic unit.. can any one held, the cars is a track car 1/4 day

Brigsy
13-05-2010, 13:21
I imagine you will want a 4 or 6 paddle single plate, or expensive twin plate. Techcraft should be able to sort you out.

Alastair
13-05-2010, 13:33
Clutchs!!! Who woudl want one!!!

Covered 300miles in the car and its slipping already!!

What can people recomend for a higher powered car its going too be around 280hpwith the same torque.

I see on ebay there is a guy selling a orginic unit.. can any one held, the cars is a track car 1/4 day

What clutch did you fit before? 280 bhp - what engine?

Spooky
13-05-2010, 13:37
Al, havnt you seen Andys build thread? It's a home built 'F4RT hybrid' - Clio block mated to a Megane turbo head :)

Trevhib
13-05-2010, 14:44
I recommend refunding Andrew Cooke his money instead of spending it on Ebay.

Unless of course you've done it since he last complained on 10th May. In which case ignore the above.

andyrg
13-05-2010, 19:13
I recommend refunding Andrew Cooke his money instead of spending it on Ebay.

Unless of course you've done it since he last complained on 10th May. In which case ignore the above.

Whats this got too do with you ? I understand we look after people on here, Im well up for that but the comments were uneeded - please read below

i have spoken to Andrew regarding this and kept him fully upto date. When Paypal wont allow you too send or recieve any funds due too a "reached limit on your account" Ive only just had the ammounts sent to my bank account so it will be sorted asap. and ive never mentioned spending any money on ebay just looking to purchase one, cant do that on EBAY till the PPal thing is sorted out now can i!

as i have said ive spoke to andrew Regading this and you posting this in my techy thread is bang out of order! If id have ripped him off told him to get lost and ran away with the £75 im refuning then fair enough!

Trevhib
13-05-2010, 21:10
Ok ok. I'll look forward to the positive feedback thread.

As for clutches, you'll probably find the best clutch for track is not the same as the best one for 1.4 mile and vice versa.

andyrg
13-05-2010, 22:34
Ok ok. I'll look forward to the positive feedback thread.

As for clutches, you'll probably find the best clutch for track is not the same as the best one for 1.4 mile and vice versa.

i didnt want too sound like a ****er just needed to get my defence across :)

cheers for cutch info, spoke too scof will get sortd from what hes advised :)