PDA

View Full Version : TUV approved

Kenobi
13-05-2010, 09:24
I'm arranging a nurburg ring trip for next year and it appears the Germans can deem your car un-roadworthy if you have any mods that are not TUV approved.

Should parts be stamped TUV aproved or something? i cant see how the German police would be able to tell.

Also how can i tell if parts i sell through work are TUV approved?

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-05-2010, 09:42
I'm arranging a nurburg ring trip for next year and it appears the Germans can deem your car un-roadworthy if you have any mods that are not TUV approved.

Should parts be stamped TUV aproved or something? i cant see how the German police would be able to tell.

Also how can i tell if parts i sell through work are TUV approved?

TUV approved parts are so hard to get hold of... mainly because there normally done at the manufacturer & even if a part is TUV approved it still have be fitted correctly (things like body kits, lambo doors, etc etc)

The german police are not to bad, the Ring staff are ok, but if your turn up with a chavy car with a poorly fitted kit they will most likely kick you (although have seen many things that technically shouldnt be there)

Things like towing eyes at the front of the car they really dont like on the ring, although most Tracks in the UK have no problem with them the Germans dont like it..

There is a link somewhere about what the germans dont like on cars, I wouldnt worry about getting your car/parts TUV approved as its impossoble in most cases, lengthy proccess and very expensive!

Also no point in doing for a legal point of view as most people on the ring are doing it illegal as only a small % have insurance to drive on the the ring...

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-05-2010, 09:46
http://www.nurburgmotorsport.com/Latest/Police-to-be-stricter.html

Kenobi
13-05-2010, 10:50
Thanks Penfold, your a star.