PDA

View Full Version : anybody know pcs

robbie506
12-05-2010, 15:22
just been offered a gaming pc for my ipod touch spec below is this any good or not?
have not got a clue when it comes to pcs.

Specs

Athlon 64 x 2 Dual Core 5000 2.6Ghz
Asus Motherboard
PALLIT 9500 GT 512MB PCI-e
2 x 1GB DDR2
80 GB SATA Hard Drive
Liteon 24x DVD-RW
BLACK Case
450 Watt Powersupply.

Comes with Windows XP SP3. Antivrus etc

Ross
12-05-2010, 15:34
it really depends how big you are into pc gaming from what you've put the spec looks ok for what your paying well swapping. is he gonna format it for you so its a fresh install?

robbie506
12-05-2010, 15:43
it really depends how big you are into pc gaming from what you've put the spec looks ok for what your paying well swapping. is he gonna format it for you so its a fresh install?

havent asked to whats the drifference between gaming and well average pc?

Ross
12-05-2010, 15:52
mainly your graphics card but then it works back from there like you cant have the best graphics card money can buy if your motherboard doesnt support it and your power supply cant power it also your memory like you've put it has 2gb of ddr2 ram but then it can come down to what speed the ram runs at etc etc tbh im a little out of touch with current top specs but by the sounds of it this pc will be fine for you if your just starting out with gaming or if you just want a decent pc thats quite quick this will be spot on. it comes down to how you look after it if it fills up with crap and junk then it will make the fastest pc in the world slow. yes ideally you want it re-formatting so its all fresh and new there and donr go anywhere near the net on it till its anti-virus/firewalled up to the max keep those up to dat and your laughing. sorry if this is a wall of txt that makes no sense i've put it the best i can :agree:

robbie506
12-05-2010, 16:01
mainly your graphics card but then it works back from there like you cant have the best graphics card money can buy if your motherboard doesnt support it and your power supply cant power it also your memory like you've put it has 2gb of ddr2 ram but then it can come down to what speed the ram runs at etc etc tbh im a little out of touch with current top specs but by the sounds of it this pc will be fine for you if your just starting out with gaming or if you just want a decent pc thats quite quick this will be spot on. it comes down to how you look after it if it fills up with crap and junk then it will make the fastest pc in the world slow. yes ideally you want it re-formatting so its all fresh and new there and donr go anywhere near the net on it till its anti-virus/firewalled up to the max keep those up to dat and your laughing. sorry if this is a wall of txt that makes no sense i've put it the best i can :agree:

thats spot on cheers fella think i will take it then.