PDA

View Full Version : Prima racing 1.7 conversion

spinner
10-05-2010, 23:37
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi there people i have recently bought anorther gt turbo but this time its fitted with a prima racing 1.7 turbo engine.I wondering if anyone knows much about the conversion or has any mag articles about it. I believe it is the f2n engine that then has custom manifolds put on it and the gt turbo carb and turbo.Think prima did it this way to save the problem of the volvo turbo b18ft wiring problem.But if anyone has any info please let me know.

Check my album for pictures Thanks

raj
10-05-2010, 23:45
as far as im aware the prima racing version of the 1.7 turbo is in simple terms a turbocharged gtx engine.
im pretty sure the pistons are flat top non turbo model type as you would find in the gtx, and the same goes for the head having the combustion chambers as opposed to the b18ft which has a flat head with the combustion chambers in the piston tops.

im not sure if the engine blocks are any different? but im expecting the crank throw to possibly differ.

get some pics up of the engine bay, ive never seen one of these 1.7 carbed turbos before.

spinner
10-05-2010, 23:49

Yeah i only have one of the bay in my album take a look.I was wondering about the pistons ive got to to the head off soon so i'll have a look then.Im just trying to get a better idea of what prima did.Cheers For the reply

raj
10-05-2010, 23:54

Yeah i only have one of the bay in my album take a look.I was wondering about the pistons ive got to to the head off soon so i'll have a look then.Im just trying to get a better idea of what prima did.Cheers For the reply

keep us updated:agree: id like to know for sure exactly what prima did too:agree:

spinner
10-05-2010, 23:59

keep us updated:agree: id like to know for sure exactly what prima did too:agree:

Ok will do as soon as the head is off i'll post up my findings along with some pictures:)

spinner
21-05-2010, 22:05

Right just a update head is coming off this week as i compession tested it and its low on two cylinders so im going to see whats gone on in there.Does anyone know what pistons they used? Where they standard like RAJ said or has anyone ever owned a prima 1.7 turbo five?