PDA

View Full Version : renault 5 gt turbo engine

garya
09-05-2010, 18:07
This guy next to me has a rotton renault 5 gt turbo been sitting in his drive for 4years.but i want the engine out of it how much should i give him for it.he has took it out but said it does run.anyway i am going to rebuilt and mod it.but just wanted to know how much i should give him.plus its standard engine.

r5 rich
09-05-2010, 18:09
This guy next to me has a rotton renault 5 gt turbo been sitting in his drive for 4years.but i want the engine out of it how much should i give him for it.he has took it out but said it does run.anyway i am going to rebuilt and mod it.but just wanted to know how much i should give him.plus its standard engine.

scrap value:laugh:

garya
09-05-2010, 18:13
i thought £50 lol.inc turbo

BriC
09-05-2010, 18:21
As low as you can get it for, but if it's relatively original, and in not too bad condition, it's worth over £500 as a car to break.

r5 rich
09-05-2010, 18:27
if it has been sitting for years I would try and turn it over by hand 1st to see if anything have siezed as it could be more money in the end then buying an engine for a little bit more

garya
09-05-2010, 18:33
i would but he has took the engine out of the car and in his garage so cant test it or anything.plus i am going to take the red carpet and all the trim and front seats.the shell has a good bit of rust on it from what i have seen.but i think he would give the car away to someone if they wanted to pick it up maybe a project or sumthing.its a tungy also :P

robbie506
10-05-2010, 15:40
i would but he has took the engine out of the car and in his garage so cant test it or anything.plus i am going to take the red carpet and all the trim and front seats.the shell has a good bit of rust on it from what i have seen.but i think he would give the car away to someone if they wanted to pick it up maybe a project or sumthing.its a tungy also :P

even with the engine out you can turn it by hand :)

garya
10-05-2010, 20:23
right guys went to see the engine tonight it turns fine BY HAND he wants £300 for it tho which i think its not worth u can tell its been lying for a while the rocker cover is pritty rusty and could do with a good clean said he spent £500 on it before he left it.said he got new head gasket fitted with bolts and piston rings and pistons and head been skimmed and pressuerd.so anyway ended up buying the front seats which are vgc all the int trim and carpet for £50 and the front bumper for £10:laugh: