PDA

View Full Version : Raider Restoration

PeteL
09-05-2010, 17:49
Ok i wasn't too sure how to move the original thread so i started a new one.

With regards to what i needed to know is everything basically. i have loads of parts and have been collecting for a few years now. My aim was to get everything i needed and then start with the bodywork and go from there.

there are a few things im really not sure of,

there is a large sunroof hole in the roof, its bigger than any i have so advice on that would be good.

i would like to get my wheels back to the original condition, so if anyone knows a good place to get them done id be keen to hear, or advice on doing it myself.

original parts would be very nice, but i have a budget. i have seen an original bumper and bumper strips on ebay recently and am keen to get them, although dont know if anyone on here can help out. ive been quoted £180 for bumper strips and bumper delievered ????

there are loads of other questions i have but i'd be on here for ages

i saw that Steve raider was mentioned so i'll give him a shout as well.

thanks in advance

Pete

Big Steve - Raider
13-05-2010, 22:51
Hi Pete,

Sounds like you're embarking on the same sort of thing I did when I rebuilt my Raider.

I too collected a load of parts before I started & then one day basically took the plunge & got stuck in! :D

Theirs some pictures of my rebuild in my Photobucket account HERE (http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Raider/?start=20).

I stripped EVERYTHING out & then sent the body to a local bodyshop to sort out then whilst the shell was away I stripped, cleaned & rebuilt the engine.

Regarding your project you've got to decide what you want to do with the sunroof hole? I think it's possible to replace the roof skin but it's a job for a professional bodyshop? If you want to keep the sunroof then you've got to ensure you fix any leaks.

One of my mates did my wheels for me & did them by hand and posted all the methods he used on THIS (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=105345&highlight=raider) website. However it would appear that he's messed up all the Photobucket pictures?? :scratch: I'll ask him if he knows whats going on?

Bumper strips are now avaliable from Renault at about £35 for the pair. Bumpers usually crop up on e-bay so you should keep your eye on their!

Keep firing out the questions mate.... or failing that come to the Pod on the 21st May for the RTOC Pod Day and we you can have a look at my car and ask all the questions you like?

Steve :D