PDA

View Full Version : Renault 'Turbo' Owners Club

Spooky
12-10-2008, 21:30
Being as the site is named the "Renault Turbo Owners Club", isn't the idea of people who join/are member of the club, plan to or own a Renault TURBO of some description ?

I don't own one, hence me hardly ever using the site lol

'RTOC' has become a huge networking site!

The club name should reflect the club site and its members.

I think anyway...

Any thoughts ?

:)

Adey aka Ewok
12-10-2008, 22:21
oi cock shutup, you may comment when you attend an event and i also own a renault turbo b4 u pipe up

BriC
12-10-2008, 22:27
Eh? I'm confused.

Adey aka Ewok
12-10-2008, 22:29
sounds like hes having a moan about the amount of people that use the site just to chat and dont actually own a renault turbo, thing is the club is for anyone with a passion for renault turbos

BriC
12-10-2008, 22:31
Yep - If people are paying membership, they obviously enjoy Renault turbo's and want to be here, but don't necessarily own one, what is the problem?

tonesGTT
12-10-2008, 22:45
Enevitable that non turbo and non reno car owners will be members isnt it? Theres endless reasons for it. E.G - i continued my membership even when i sold my previous GTT's. Still chipped in with the banter. Based on what your saying, you shouldnt be a member!?!

The name reflects the heart of the club fella and its origins. Where it is today is just RTOC evolution. Just love it. Besides, i dont like the sound of myfaceandnoneedforaturbospace.com

BriC
12-10-2008, 22:51
Besides, i dont like the sound of myfaceandnoneedforaturbospace.com

I do :laugh::agree:

Trevhib
12-10-2008, 23:01
This club and site is for those who own, used to own, are about to own, or just have a particular interest in Renault Turbos.

The club name's exactly right.

Scoff
12-10-2008, 23:16
so enthusiasts basically. quote from the home page:

welcome to the internet home of the Renault Turbo owners club, the largest collection of Renault turbo "enthusiasts" on the internet.

- note the lack of the word "owners" :)

I wouldn't take r.t.o.c too literally, its been this way for ever.

Mart
12-10-2008, 23:33
'RTOC' has become a huge networking site!

Define huge. What, like 500 odd people huge? Have a day off. It's a 3am p1ss in the sink compared to the likes of Bebo, MySpace, Facebook, etc.

Sparkie
12-10-2008, 23:35
I wouldn't take r.t.o.c too literally, its been this way for ever.

well, kind of, as it was R5GTTurbo.org before.... (showing my age)

Mart
12-10-2008, 23:38
well, kind of, as it was R5GTTurbo.org before.... (showing my age)

And a newsletter based club before that (showing my age) :D

Scoff
12-10-2008, 23:39
yes, but technically that was gttoc, not rtoc, so rtoc has been like this forever :D

but OK, I hear you, I was in gttoc way back when also, and I'm betting that not all of the members owned gtt's then either.

Scoff
12-10-2008, 23:40
And a newsletter based club before that (showing my age) :D

thats old, no one can compete with that ;)

THE MASTER
13-10-2008, 01:09
thats old, no one can compete with that ;)

wonna bet :D
ive been around before the 5gtt

before any web and or any news letter :D:p

Adey aka Ewok
13-10-2008, 07:01
mate uve been around since the dawn of time itself lol

jesus in the seat of a 5
13-10-2008, 07:13
mate uve been around since the dawn of time itself lol

:laugh:..stick a turbo on it son......:laugh:..gay...wok;)

Tiny Tim
13-10-2008, 08:36
My R 11 turbo doesnt have a turbo on it at the moment, shall I leave?

Bigfoot
13-10-2008, 09:05

Is that a retorical question?

jesus in the seat of a 5
13-10-2008, 15:02

No , just thank the club for such fine members as jeez.....:laugh:;).

Tiny Tim
13-10-2008, 15:04
The holy one has provided for his followers :cool:

jesus in the seat of a 5
13-10-2008, 15:13
The holy one has provided for his followers :cool:

fish n bread , fish n bread.....:laugh:

Ricardo
13-10-2008, 18:21
Shall i leave now i've 'sold out/moved on' and bought another Renault that doesn't have a 'turbocharger?' :cry: :rolleyes: :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
13-10-2008, 18:30
Shall i leave now i've 'sold out/moved on' and bought another Renault that doesn't have a 'turbocharger?' :cry: :rolleyes: :D

Dont you dare..."ricka`a`a`a`a`a`a`a`yyyyyy"!...:laugh:

Mart
13-10-2008, 20:24

At least you bought another Renault. I'm flying the Jap flag, but am still on here.

BriC
13-10-2008, 20:28
but am still on here.

Mart.. Are you infected with the chav disease?

Mart
13-10-2008, 20:33
Err, well, evidently, yeah. Would I have rung up?? :D

OUTLAW
14-10-2008, 08:33
RTOC is a club for renault turbo owners and enthusiasts:) thats how it should remain....JUST RENOS! if i am mistaken, i will look for just a RENO turbo club, as thats all i`m interested in, thats the reason i joined this club. if anything, i see other motors poping up, aslong as its european and not jap crap:laugh:..but it should reamain THE RENAULT TURBO OWNERS CLUB....its not hard to understand, however, you could always get you dictionary out, its in the title "RTOC":agree:

Ricardo
14-10-2008, 16:22
At least you bought another Renault. I'm flying the Jap flag, but am still on here.

Regardless of car squire you're still about, your GTT knowledge counts for everything. You've been there and seen many things happen GTT wise over many years, along the way you've also made many friends and they happen to also be around in RTOC be it whether they still own a GTT or not.

I still have RTOC members call me for (bad) :D advice, info etc or just a random chat.

I still attend the RTOC main club meets, still pay to rejoin every year, still love the GTT, never say never :coffee:

Kris M
14-10-2008, 19:15
Aii, well said Ric :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
14-10-2008, 20:30
Aii, well said Ric :D

What e said like.....:agree:

Sparkie
14-10-2008, 21:57
along the way you've also made many friends :coffee:

and a truck load of enemies...you jaaaanky caaaaant:laugh:

Mart
14-10-2008, 22:04
What you see is what you get ;)

Ricky, ya a diamond geeza :agree: :)

Ricardo
15-10-2008, 16:50
What you see is what you get ;)

Ricky, ya a diamond geeza :agree: :)

Welllllll, ya know. Likewise squire :cool:

Ian S
15-10-2008, 21:04
I own a Renault and a turbo. Just they're in different places. And dis-assembled.

Moggy
16-10-2008, 17:11
i was gonna keep quiet! LOL

personally i think it should stay for owners and enthusiasts but............

owners of reno turbo's should be given first crack of everything first: shows, rr days, track days etc etc

THEN if there are spaces left, members with other cars/trucks/tanks etc can join in too.

after all... we can all join up to passion ford etc, but if you where to turn up to their national day and spend all day on the track in, say a GTTurbo i'm sure they'd have something to say

Moggs

(p.s. i'm with mart on the jap crap, but still got the megane :ashamed:)

Bodell
16-10-2008, 18:39
They just forgot my turbo and called it a campus instead :(

car.crash
16-10-2008, 19:49
i was gonna keep quiet! LOL

personally i think it should stay for owners and enthusiasts but............

owners of reno turbo's should be given first crack of everything first: shows, rr days, track days etc etc

THEN if there are spaces left, members with other cars/trucks/tanks etc can join in too.

after all... we can all join up to passion ford etc, but if you where to turn up to their national day and spend all day on the track in, say a GTTurbo i'm sure they'd have something to say

Moggs

(p.s. i'm with mart on the jap crap, but still got the megane :ashamed:)

even with all the members we have in whatever cars they bring, rtoc never seem to fill all the places. shame really as we do some awesome events.

Bod
19-10-2008, 20:15
Most of the time its old members that for one reason or another have another car that still love the 5gtt and keep posting and coming to events:cool:

tobester
27-10-2008, 17:52
even with all the members we have in whatever cars they bring, rtoc never seem to fill all the places. shame really as we do some awesome events.

I'm ashamed to say i've been a member for a few years now and haven't been to any organised events, whether because i'm skint or haven't had the 5 on the road. Sorry!:ashamed: