PDA

View Full Version : F1

Spooky
12-10-2008, 21:20
Saw the race this morning, was pretty good lol

This being a car enthusiasts club and generally having collective Renault enthusiasts on board, I'm very surprised about no other threads regarding Alonso/Renaults performance today and previously.

I would have loved to have seen Hamilton get wiped out at the first corner...his 'I'll win at the first corner' attitude is going to bite him in the arse!

:laugh:

tonesGTT
12-10-2008, 22:20
Aye, Lewis has talked a good game for the last two seasons but always seems to suffer from a rush of blood to the head when it matters. Poor judgement time and time again.

I guess the reason F1 doesnt get much of a mention is that the whole sport, if that is the right word, is now plagued by politics, restrictions and FIA enquiries. The real entertainment disappeared many years ago sadly. Those of us who remember even the 80's and 90's and the likes of Senna and Prost will remember F1 in a completely different way.

So, although i remain a very big F1 fan, i can understand many people thinking of much better ways to spend an hour and a half of their lives, particularly at 5:30am!!

As for Renault, well they have benefitted from some good fortune in the last two races, certainly as far as alonso is concerned. To be fair, he did well to win both races that being said. Hes very consistant and the pace of the renault held off kubica and the BMW comfortably :)

The new Bill J
12-10-2008, 22:37
This being a car enthusiasts club and generally having collective Renault enthusiasts on board, I'm very surprised about no other threads regarding Alonso/Renaults performance today and previously.

They're not Renault turbo's :p

tonesGTT
12-10-2008, 22:47
They're not Renault turbo's :p

:laugh: was tempted to put that myself! Now that WAS an F1 car!!!

Trevhib
12-10-2008, 23:16
Alonso is a cock, hence why nobody on this board bothers.

Hamilton is ace in my book. About time a UK sports person had some brashness as well as talent. You don't get to the verge of the F1 champoinship two years running with 'bad decisions time and again'. He would have been the first ever rookie champion last year. Who's ever been that close? Nobody.

BriC
12-10-2008, 23:18
Hit, nail, head.

Adam L
12-10-2008, 23:44
The ****ing Ities have a payout scheme. Ferrari look at them selves in the mirror and love their greesyselves.

Northerner
12-10-2008, 23:46
Alonso is a cock

Do you know him personally? Or just basing your view on the stories peddled by the British press?

BriC
12-10-2008, 23:49
People can form an opinion of someone else without knowing them personally.

Adam L
12-10-2008, 23:54
Do you know him personally? Or just basing your view on the stories peddled by the British press?

Yes, he's a spic arse hole

Mart
12-10-2008, 23:57
I'm a big fan of Lewis. He has a fascinating, eye opening, talent behind the wheel, isn't afraid to take the odd risk now & then, and for sure has a victory laden future ahead of him, BUT, he needs to up the ante in the mature stakes & curb the schoolboy errors he's been making of late.

Controversial (!) transmission issues at Brazil aside, imho, he threw away the championship with the tyre shananigans at China. Some may say that was inexperience, fair enough, but he should've learnt from that, yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

I know it was a completely different scenario today, but it, again, highlights he's still not grasping the experience ladder with both hands. Quite why the feck he had to make that move to get 1st place at the first corner I don't know, but if he misses out on the championship again this year, and it's looking more possible with each sharky move he makes, this'll be another race he needs to look back on & kick himself up the ass.

As the old saying goes, to finish first, first you have to finish.

[/Murray Walker] :D

5alldaway
13-10-2008, 00:09
f1? pah! moving advertisements! much rather watch the old stuff on youtube

Mart
13-10-2008, 00:25
Hold on a minute... http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44245

WHAT THE FECK?!?

BriC
13-10-2008, 00:35
They penalised the wrong fecking person!

5alldaway
13-10-2008, 00:37
FECK! what the whole thing coming to! whether lewis wins the championship now i just dont think massa deserves it if he wins it and its looking more likely massa will win it on technicalities, BULL mate BULL!

THE MASTER
13-10-2008, 01:00
Hold on a minute... http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44245

WHAT THE FECK?!?
thats just mad :confused::confused:

Trevhib
13-10-2008, 10:52

I'm going mainly on the interviews I've seen him give on the TV.

Granted that's still rather judgemental of me. I'll stick by what I said at this point though.

Trevhib
13-10-2008, 10:57
I'm a big fan of Lewis. He has a fascinating, eye opening, talent behind the wheel, isn't afraid to take the odd risk now & then, and for sure has a victory laden future ahead of him, BUT, he needs to up the ante in the mature stakes & curb the schoolboy errors he's been making of late.

Controversial (!) transmission issues at Brazil aside, imho, he threw away the championship with the tyre shananigans at China. Some may say that was inexperience, fair enough, but he should've learnt from that, yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

I know it was a completely different scenario today, but it, again, highlights he's still not grasping the experience ladder with both hands. Quite why the feck he had to make that move to get 1st place at the first corner I don't know, but if he misses out on the championship again this year, and it's looking more possible with each sharky move he makes, this'll be another race he needs to look back on & kick himself up the ass.

As the old saying goes, to finish first, first you have to finish.

[/Murray Walker] :D

Agreed. He has to grow up quick. Well, even quicker. He's knocking on the door atm but it won't always be unlocked when he tries the handle. It's his to win at this stage but it wont surprise me if he does contrive to lose it again this year.

I think he's shown incredible maturity 'at times' during the early and middle parts of both seasons. If he's doesn't learn to become a 'clutch player down the stretch' though (as they say in the NBA), he'll be at risk of losing out at the last minute every year. That's the hardest part. Maybe he needs to go and spend a weekend with Michael Jordan :D

tonesGTT
13-10-2008, 13:39
FECK! what the whole thing coming to! whether lewis wins the championship now i just dont think massa deserves it if he wins it and its looking more likely massa will win it on technicalities, BULL mate BULL!

FIA - Ferrari International Assistance ;)

Spooky
13-10-2008, 14:38
Neither of them 2 deserve it, I hope Kubica steals it!

Neither have been consistent, both making stupid ill judged mistakes, not the kind of form expected or required I'd say to become a World Champ.

You can get away with so much but the fact that neither has capitalised on each others cock ups says a lot!

Alonsos not a cock, hes comfortably the most skilled driver on the circuit at the moment. Look at Rennys performance after the first scheduled 'upgrades' that are allowed. He pretty much single handedly got the car to places in the races where it shouldnt have been. That says a lot about a man who moved to Mclaren to grab a 3rd World title but was ousted because of a certain rookie and team owner who decided it was a mistake taking him onboard!

And yes, Ron Dennis said that!

Trevhib
13-10-2008, 22:55
Yep, Alonso is indeed one talented cock.

5alldaway
13-10-2008, 23:07
Neither of them 2 deserve it, I hope Kubica steals it!

Neither have been consistent, both making stupid ill judged mistakes, not the kind of form expected or required I'd say to become a World Champ.

You can get away with so much but the fact that neither has capitalised on each others cock ups says a lot!

Alonsos not a cock, hes comfortably the most skilled driver on the circuit at the moment. Look at Rennys performance after the first scheduled 'upgrades' that are allowed. He pretty much single handedly got the car to places in the races where it shouldnt have been. That says a lot about a man who moved to Mclaren to grab a 3rd World title but was ousted because of a certain rookie and team owner who decided it was a mistake taking him onboard!

And yes, Ron Dennis said that!

ditto on the comment about alonso, also remember he beat schumacher to the title twice, i just dont think massa could of done that or hamilton(yet, but only time will tell)

tonesGTT
14-10-2008, 11:33
Personally, i'd be tempted to give Kubica driver of the season so far. Anyway, not why im posting. I've found a little something to further spice up the thread ;)

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4310575,00.html

tonesGTT
18-10-2008, 07:52
Up for Quali again then spooky!? What the hell went wrong with kubica!!!? And hats off to Vettel at this stage, great drive.

Spooky
18-10-2008, 07:56
Yes mate, Im up lol

Vettel has been brilliant all season!

Surprised about the 'Pole, very surprised...still, its meant to ****ing piss it down on race day, should be interesting!

Also surprised about Piquet, he was looking good.

Come on Renault LOL

And I hope Lewis is 3rd or 4th on the grid after Q3, just to see where his head is when they are on the start grid attacking the first corner :D

tonesGTT
18-10-2008, 08:01
if the last race is anything to go by, it'll be up his on arse lol! kimi.s next to him again too, can lewis handle it?

good lap from alonso there at the death.

Spooky
18-10-2008, 08:02
OOOOOOO! Alonso 4th, he could take out both Ferraris AND a certain Mclaren :laugh:

tonesGTT
18-10-2008, 08:05
yeah will make for a good first corner tomo thats for sure. hey, and the race is at 8 which is much more sociable than last weekend!!!

Spooky
18-10-2008, 08:11
I know, well, I didnt actually see last weeks race as I was fast asleep :D

I recorded it and watched it when I eventually woke up LOL

8am...more than enough time to get up, get myself a brekky brun and chomp while Im watching :coffee: :D

Trevhib
18-10-2008, 10:34
:bla:

:laugh:

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...310575,00.html (http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4310575,00.html)

Yeah, come on Alonso; you're about as likeable as was Micheal Schumacher when he deliberately took out Hill a few years ago to make sure he didn't lose the title. Toss bag.

Spooky
18-10-2008, 11:06
I dont think Alonso is the only driver who would ''aid" Massa :laugh:

His team mate was completely hacked off, not to mention Kimi, who would love to stop him taking his crown.

If he can get his ****ing stupendously large head into that helmet tomorrow, he may well get the title he doesn't deserve...

Trevhib
18-10-2008, 11:24
And why would Massa deserve it any more than Hamilton? Especially if he needs the rest of the grid to help him out? :rolleyes:

Ross99
18-10-2008, 11:39
simply cant get why so many people like f1 the cars are slower than ever to many daft rules with a lot to be changed next year, no tyre warmers, limited down force on front wings, the computer limited to aid the driver up to 6 minutes during a race, fook all that, big rear tyres small front ones and danger! and about another 20 cars on the grid, oh yeah and no tits as owners ruining everything and getting there cocks sucked by the prancing horse brigade.

i watched spa breifly and that was brilliant a small amount of excitment mainly due to the face hamiliton who i think is plain weird, did some battling moves, and its was slippy, oh and look what happened oh your deducted your win as you tried to actually race, no thank you we dont need that here says bernie.

get them back into the 80's cars and see who's the best then

Andrew Cooke
18-10-2008, 11:57
the computer limited to aid the driver up to 6 minutes during a race,

what on earth does that mean?

Tyre blankets are not banned next year.

And despite all the regulations they still get faster, OK, next year's aero changes will seriously hamper things, but they'll look better without all those sticking out bits (the tall narrow rear wing looks odd, but high noses looked odd when they first appeared)

Ross99
18-10-2008, 12:01
yes blankets are banned as of next year there's a site with the new regs on it i looked i can recall what the computer thang does but it aids the driver doing something and its been limited to 6 minutes a race i'll try and dig out the link

Trevhib
18-10-2008, 12:04
get them back into the 80's cars and see who's the best then

You're really not keen on safety are you Ross :laugh:

Tiny Tim
18-10-2008, 12:05
You're in the wrong job Andy ;):laugh:

Ross99
18-10-2008, 12:11
i am about my own although health and saftey is one of the things making us like the yanks hence ruining our contry, i dont give a monkeys about the muppets that sit in those cock pits, fair enough i cant do it, but i dont have a daddy to pay for all my lessons from the age of 6 months, however they get paid a small fortune to race, all they really do these days is steer!

how oftern do you see them take there hands off the wheel?

the cars are concurrent with speed due to the computer gizmo's take them away bring back a gear stick and see how they get on them.

if you want to see computers racing then get an xbox, i want to appreciate someones actual skill not microsofts hardware.

Andrew Cooke
18-10-2008, 12:25
yes blankets are banned as of next year there's a site with the new regs on it i looked i can recall what the computer thang does but it aids the driver doing something and its been limited to 6 minutes a race i'll try and dig out the link

if you want to read about the rules you have to look at the FIA website, not any old crap written by journalists.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/90D889BE20961303C1257483004B8AC0/$FILE/1-2009%20F1%20TECHNICAL%20REGULATIONS%2011-07-2008.pdf

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/EAC2585AB885FDDCC1257483004B3147/$FILE/1-2009%20F1%20SPORTING%20REGULATIONS%2011-07-2008.pdf

open up the 2009 sporting regulations and do a search for "blankets"

and that computer thingy you're moaning about is KERS - Kinetic Energy Recovery System. Nothing much to do with computers, although it is computer controlled - much like everything.

Moggy
18-10-2008, 13:21
LOL

its not like andy would know about what the regs are for next year is it ;)

personally i'm not a great fan of lewis, when he first arrived i liked him, he kepts his head down and let his driving do the talking, no matter what happened, then......he opened his mouth (abit like me!!:ashamed:) and now.............. well lets just say i cheer when he gets it wrong!

I like massa's style, but he's not taken advantage of everything that has come his way, ok some of that might be the teams fault but......

Alonso had proved he can race again! and with the right thinking and fuel, he's getting a car that perhaps isn't quite ready, to the front! fair play to him,.... he may be a cock but he's still a good driver.

Kimi has just spent too many hours doing tag heur adverts this year and his driving has suffered! i personally rate him as my best driver out there.

Kubica, i think this year deserves the title! mainly because he's always there or there about. just just a shame that his car isn't a little faster!!

but just think back to when Schumy was as big headed and stuck up as lewis! i'm sure we all hated him then! (oh ok he was German too...)

To me, Lewis will never be a Mansell, Brundell, Blundell or Hill as he isn't the true "british racer!" but in todays F1 maybe thats not the attitude that you need! (waits to get shot for that comment)

Ross99
18-10-2008, 13:36
ok andy points well proved :cry:

neither here nor there as far as i'm concerned, a driver is employed to drive, to his best ability and at the cars maximum potential, not a computers designated desings and peramiters, just my personal opinion, thats real racing! :)

Andrew Cooke
18-10-2008, 14:00
ok andy points well proved :cry:

neither here nor there as far as i'm concerned, a driver is employed to drive, to his best ability and at the cars maximum potential, not a computers designated desings and peramiters, just my personal opinion, thats real racing! :)

what you have to understand about racing is it's about taking the car to the very edge, corner after corner, lap after lap, without stepping over the edge. It doesn't matter how fancy the electronics are if you press the brake too late you will crash, and if you press it too soon you will be slow.

Now, you've probably heard journalists moaning that the cars are easy to drive with traction control for example, the reason why they say this is because they can't drive. Give a Journo an F1 without TC and he'll jump on the throttle too soon and spin off to the scenery, mentioning how good the brakes are, and how tricky the car is to drive. Give him TC and he won't spin out when he gets on the throttle, and will comment on how good the brakes are, and how much easier it is to drive with TC. F1 drivers don't spin out when they get on the throttle, they know how to drive. If an F1 driver spins coming out of a corner he's probably had a "TC" failure - normally seen at times when TC is banned. When a racing driver crashes it's because he got the braking/entry wrong.

Basically all this talk of this or that makes it too easy to drive is bunkum, the limit is the limit, and if you go over it you crash. Ye canna change the laws of phyics Jim http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M3k_CgzdR2s&feature=related

Spooky
18-10-2008, 14:36
Moggy, we need to sit down and have a chat, I think I love you :laugh:

Moggy
18-10-2008, 15:12
eeerrrr :scared::sad2::smokin:

Ross99
18-10-2008, 16:51
what you have to understand about racing is it's about taking the car to the very edge, corner after corner, lap after lap, without stepping over the edge. It doesn't matter how fancy the electronics are if you press the brake too late you will crash, and if you press it too soon you will be slow

my point proved there thank you, brake and steer! whhooooooooooo

its not racing its simply do what the car tells you to do, c'mon be serious you think a car telling you when to change gear, and traction control and all the other gizmo's is real racing do you!!!!!

Ian S
18-10-2008, 19:58
F1, etc, is about winning, not racing.

If the cars were as easy to drive as you erroneously misbelieve then anyone and everyone would be within the same 10th sec every qualifying, Q1 and 2 anyway.

There would never be a gap between team mates, there would never be drivers way ahead in the championship. No-one would ever spin off, etc, etc.

They no longer have traction control.

Trevhib
18-10-2008, 22:17
my point proved there thank you, brake and steer! whhooooooooooo

:sad2:

That's like saying that because of all the electronics in a Eurofighter Typhoon, the pilots don't need any skill or ability. Did you know that it's such an unstable design (required to allow it handle like it does), it's not possible to fly the damn thing if the computer fails (as it's the computer that keeps the plane balanced).

Sure, driving an F1 car is hardly as taxing but it's a similar principle.

An Andy says. Bum cum. Or some such :laugh:

Ross99
18-10-2008, 23:14
yeah know all about the typhoon, out dated heap of multi national junk. roll on the jsf.

my simple point, is and i'll make it again to be super clear, 80's cars where race cars , modern day cars are computer assisted and crap, and i'm spent, i wont be swayed, i'll go all politician and change the subject any time i'm prov3ed wrong its my personal opinion. and f1 is bloody boring hence why the big wigs are taking points from here there and trying to drag out a boring race series. oh sorry not race series as there not supposed to race there supposed to win.

Moggy
19-10-2008, 09:57
anyone else fall asleep

when racing was this boring a few years ago everyone was shouting for Schumy to retire!!!:coffee: but lewis hasnt' even won anything yet!

on a lighter note! anyone know where i can watch the Brazil race without having bias' lewis supporters talking us through everytime he takes a breath!?:laugh:

Trevhib
19-10-2008, 10:36
Ross - you sound like a woman having a cyclic moment. (No offence Dawn). I think the problem one or two of us have with your opinion sometimes; isn't that you have one, it's that they aren't really based on anything solid.

Moggy - Try Rio.

I don't see how any of this is Lewis Hamilton's fault. And if Kovalienen was any good, Hamilton would have already won the championship.

We've gone from LH hasn't got the bottle, and then following a perfect display, to - this is boring as f*ck. :rolleyes: I do agree though, it was a procession.

So what about Andy Murray?

Moggy
19-10-2008, 18:03
trev - mmmm wonder how cheap flights are! and does anyone know if easyjet go that way :smokin:

to be honest non of it is lewis' fault

its mainly Ron Dennis' fault! there's only one time in my eyes he's been good as a manager and thats when he had mika and that scotish oap, and it was easy for him as he had a excellent no 1 driver and an ideal no 2 driver who was happy to play 2nd fiddle!

prost and senna was a earthquake waiting to happen and well last year was just outright funny!

there comes a time if we want it or not that you've got to have the balls to say, you're number 1, your number 2 and you will both do as i say, even eddie jordan managed it!

lets just hope that Heki (sp) gets a faster car, or perhaps shared setup? so he can get up and help lewis! if not, well you're playing in the red cars favourite hol location!!!

to be honest, it would be nice to see Lewis win, and do it with a mature head! just a shame its in a silver car!

Ross99
19-10-2008, 18:39
trev mate your harsh bud, am i not entitled to my opinion, gods sake our country went to war over a bull *hit story about wmd's so i can have a little opinion on f1 which is boring and pants.

now i do like other racing i just dont like f1, as i said not enough cars, and no danger eliment anymore, yes i do want to see them earn there money and if it means crashing all the better lets not forget a little excitment never hurt, its a spectator sport.

and trev dont panick i'm due off in 2 days.

Trevhib
19-10-2008, 20:08
Moggs - Agreed mate, spot on.

Ross - Read my post, there's no issue with you having an opinion it's often what your opinions are based on that's the problem, and your attitude during the following discussion. Example: You've more or less just said you want to see them risk their lives in order to excite you and in the next breath say that a little excitement never hurt anyone. :crap:

The FIA regs earlier in this thread and the roll cage discussion are two more cases in point.

Spooky
19-10-2008, 21:09
Andy Murray hates the English LOL

Hes openly admitted it the janky caaaaaaaaant!

Fair play, 2 masters titles is pretty good LOL

This morning' race was arguably the most boring, there was only ever going to be one result after the Mclaren showed how stupendously quick it was from the 1st free practice!!

Oh well, on to Brazil.

Best bit was the Renny powering past Kova'whathisface on the 1st/2nd lap...POWWWWEEEEERRRRRRR :laugh:

Adam L
19-10-2008, 22:00
Personally, i'll go with the media. It'll be good to see an English man win the championship, especially after 12 years. He's immature, but so am I, and i'm the same age:D.

Racing nowadays isn't based on a car that can do reckless speeds without ensuring the driver won't be hurt in a collision, that's just plain stupid. The last big accident I remember was Schumacher when he broke both his legs, and he was lcuky to walk away from that.

Trevhib
19-10-2008, 22:33
Bloody hell, it was a miracle if he walked away after he broke both his legs! :laugh:

warpspeed
19-10-2008, 22:40
Just an idea but how about we go back to slicks and low downforce a la the 80's..................oh whoops that's what happening next year!!!! that's the only reason we look back at the 80's and say it was real racing, drivers had to show some bottle and actually overtake! and they had the grip to do so! Common ecu's are already here to stop cheating e.g. Bennetton and traction control so that should help to remove some suspicion that ferrari are being favoured by the fia (i must admit that i believe ferrari have been given too much leeway compared to other teams) So hopefully next year should be closer to how f1 should be.

warpspeed
19-10-2008, 22:42
ERR Canada, Kubica......ring any bells?????!!!!!!!

Adam L
19-10-2008, 22:55
Bloody hell, it was a miracle if he walked away after he broke both his legs! :laugh:

Walk away, once he'd healed:laugh:

Duh!!:D

Andrew Cooke
19-10-2008, 23:02

and Heikki this year, his shunt was very much like Michael's

the FIA have been trying to stop 'creative mapping' for a long time, but there are always teams that manage to find more 'traction'. The best thing they did was make it legal, everything else just opens up a family sized can of worms.

Trevhib
19-10-2008, 23:02
"Walk away, once he'd healed" :laugh:

Yeah a bit like this - > :cool2:

twallwood
19-10-2008, 23:08
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkYs97UfN4

indeed :eek:

Schakal
11-11-2008, 22:45
only just noticed this thread but never too late to add my 2 pence i guess .

personally think hamilton is a coont of the highest order by simply fooking
off to switzerland to avoid paying tax over here which we all fooking pay big style .
yeah my opinion is based on media surprisingly :smokin:

"I love England and I'm happy to pay tax if I live there. Money isn't a decider - the quality of life is."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2007/11/06/lewis-s-4m-tax-switch-89520-20067297/

Mart
11-11-2008, 22:50
:confused: But it clearly says that it's for a better way of life. Yeah, course, the tax haven is an obvious bonus, but given the choice of living in either country, I'd be packing my bags as well...

Ian S
11-11-2008, 23:13
Have you been to Switzerland?

I have, a few times. It very quiet there. It's a place to go if you want to go somewhere to get away from it all where it's very quiet.

I don't know how it works but I'd guess that F1 drivers are paid in some kind of international way so don't pay income tax for the country of their residence.

My sister was dating an American working in London and earning a £1,000,000 a year who was paid in gold bars to avoid tax. Though he was not a UK resident.

A UK resident working abroad and earning millions abroad may as well be paid abroad to a Swiss account.

Trevhib
12-11-2008, 11:58
only just noticed this thread but never too late to add my 2 pence i guess .

personally think hamilton is a coont of the highest order by simply fooking
off to switzerland to avoid paying tax over here which we all fooking pay big style .
yeah my opinion is based on media surprisingly :smokin:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2007/11/06/lewis-s-4m-tax-switch-89520-20067297/

IMO 'coonts of the highest order' are those that waste thier time begrudging other people thier good fortune, instead of getting on and trying to improve their own situation.

This sort of envy is akin to some lucky guy at work getting to slack half of each day and then someone else dobbing him in just for the sake of it. If he's not affecting your work, stop being so feckin jealous. There will always be someone better off than you.

In this case Hamilton is making the right financial decisions for himself that are within the rules. Should we all follow the Paul Gascoigne fiscal policy instead then?

Mart
12-11-2008, 12:15
Have you been to Switzerland?

I have, a few times. It very quiet there. It's a place to go if you want to go somewhere to get away from it all where it's very quiet.

I have, twice.

It's also a lovely part of the world, v tranquil & picturesque, low levels of crime, lack of sponging b*stards/immigrants/chavs/feckwit 'yoofs' whose way of life is to get lagered up on a Friday/Saturday night, then go looking for a fight to prove how 'hard' they are to their equally feckwit mates, fair taxes, and an economy which isn't seemingly falling on its ass.

Pretty much all the things that England isn't at the mo.

raj
12-11-2008, 12:24
IMO 'coonts of the highest order' are those that waste thier time begrudging other people thier good fortune, instead of getting on and trying to improve their own situation.

This sort of envy is akin to some lucky guy at work getting to slack half of each day and then someone else dobbing him in just for the sake of it. If he's not affecting your work, stop being so feckin jealous. There will always be someone better off than you.

In this case Hamilton is making the right financial decisions for himself that are within the rules. Should we all follow the Paul Gascoigne fiscal policy instead then?

amen :agree:

BriC
12-11-2008, 12:31
I have, twice.

It's also a lovely part of the world, v tranquil & picturesque, low levels of crime, lack of sponging b*stards/immigrants/chavs/feckwit 'yoofs' whose way of life is to get lagered up on a Friday/Saturday night, then go looking for a fight to prove how 'hard' they are to their equally feckwit mates, fair taxes, and an economy which isn't seemingly falling on its ass.

Pretty much all the things that England isn't at the mo.

:laugh: True, yet oh so funny.

Switzerland is a bloomin lovely place. I went through Switzerland briefly with my brother whilst we were driving through europe last year (we went to watch the Italian and Belgian grand prix). As above, it is so picturesque. Everything is so clean, and beautiful.. I would live there! Just need to learn the lingo / get a job there :D

raj
12-11-2008, 12:44
:laugh: True, yet oh so funny.

Switzerland is a bloomin lovely place. I went through Switzerland briefly with my brother whilst we were driving through europe last year (we went to watch the Italian and Belgian grand prix). As above, it is so picturesque. Everything is so clean, and beautiful.. I would live there! Just need to learn the lingo / get a job there :D

id actually love to live there too, in my personal experience anywhere thats picturesque does your mind/soul a load of good :)
this country is pretty limited in that area:rolleyes:

so good on hamilton :agree:

BriC
12-11-2008, 12:52
this country is pretty limited in that area:rolleyes:

It certainly is. Crappy England :(

Ian S
12-11-2008, 13:14
I think I'm correct in saying Switzerland has / had the largest drug use problem in Europe. So there must be something not quite right there.

Schakal
12-11-2008, 16:40

so you are happy someone born and raised in this country ,which also owes
some of his good fortune to this country again , does not pay a penny of tax ??
i am sorry but how fecking naive are you ?? :crap:

Ian S
12-11-2008, 17:11
I should think he's already paid more tax that you ever will in your working career. Then at aged 65 he probably won't be claiming a pension from the state as you probably will?

I guess you never heard of the brain drain?

Super taxing labour Gov forced successful capable people to leave Britain and work abroad so they could keep the money they earned. Then the Thatcher crewe wanted to make Britain great again and lowered tax to make Britain more attractive to high earning high spending types.

40% is still rather a lot really to hand over. One can do very well abroad with an extra £4 million.

I expect you also didn't know that income tax was fairly new. It was introduced to pay for a war Britain got involved in but removed after the war then, IIRC, brought in again for the 1st world war, only that time they kept it going afterwards. In the recent London Mayor election one small political party said they felt income tax could and should be scrapped.

raj
12-11-2008, 17:31

im assuming the majority of people only pay tax because they have to! :cry:

i pay tax but send most of my earned money abroad as i dont want it in this fcuk hole of so called country. the only thing that brings immigrants etc over is that ther pound is worth alot more when sent back to there country. so why not work here and send money elsewhere? all good in my books.

Schakal
12-11-2008, 18:49
I should think he's already paid more tax that you ever will in your working career. Then at aged 65 he probably won't be claiming a pension from the state as you probably will?

I guess you never heard of the brain drain?

Super taxing labour Gov forced successful capable people to leave Britain and work abroad so they could keep the money they earned. Then the Thatcher crewe wanted to make Britain great again and lowered tax to make Britain more attractive to high earning high spending types.

40% is still rather a lot really to hand over. One can do very well abroad with an extra £4 million.

I expect you also didn't know that income tax was fairly new. It was introduced to pay for a war Britain got involved in but removed after the war then, IIRC, brought in again for the 1st world war, only that time they kept it going afterwards. In the recent London Mayor election one small political party said they felt income tax could and should be scrapped.

what sort of difference ,does the amount of tax i pay make :confused:
its all percentages of what you earn as far as i am concerned unless
you are saying we shall all pay the same amount which does not make sense at all ??

dont get me wrong , i am not a tax whore that gets some sort of buzz out
of paying taxes , i just pointed out that the rich can get away easily where as
the rest have no choice .
think about it ,if a 100 people like hamilton get away with
£4 million each , who is going to pay for it ??
i guess it will be me ,you and all the rest !!
ohhh now 40% makes sense all of a sudden !!!

like mentioned its legal and the system allows it ,cant argue with that .
but its not ethic and especially trying to cover up the obvious by saying
"its not the tax but quality of life " is very coontish in my books .

Trevhib
12-11-2008, 19:34

No, I'm going to let something that I can't do anything about stress me out and shorten my life. Now that would be naive.

Let me put it in terms that I imagine you might be able to relate to: The tiny financial impact I will feel due to Hamilton's unpaid Tax, is roughly offset by the happiness I felt (resulting in an imperceptible extension to my lifespan), by his winning the F1 title. I'll take it.

Schakal
12-11-2008, 20:08
No, I'm going to let something that I can't do anything about stress me out and shorten my life. Now that would be naive.

Let me put it in terms that I imagine you might be able to relate to: The tiny financial impact I will feel due to Hamilton's unpaid Tax, is roughly offset by the happiness I felt (resulting in an imperceptible extension to my lifespan), by his winning the F1 title. I'll take it.

nahh mate i am hardly at a point of being stressed about it
however i am not gonna talk *sheet just because i may stress you or
shorten your life (god forbid). :)

i have nothing against hamiltons driving skills or f1 title ,well done to him :agree:
on the other hand i wish he could have grown some balls and either admit to
whats happening ( as in "fook the lot of you,i am off to switzerland to save on tax " )
or support britain as much as britain has supported him .

no point going around in circles either,i am quite certain i made my point
and it appears you are totally chuffed to bits as well :smokin:
AAPPPYY DAYZZZ :laugh:

Mart
12-11-2008, 21:44
So given the same circumstances of having millions in the bank, you'd still live in Wales then would you?

D4WNO
12-11-2008, 22:17
If that was me, I'd be long gone. CIAO MEIN!! Toodle-pip, Ta-raaaa! :laugh:

Ian S
12-11-2008, 22:43
And a lot of others.

Apparently more people leave Britain each year than immigrate.

Many pensioners got to the Mediterranean. Not only is it warmer but the £ goes a lot further.