PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau Seats

ranj
06-05-2010, 21:27
I had a pair of corbeau carrera seats lying in the attic for a year now and just bought the corbeau subframes of ebay for them ...... but i went out to trial fit one seat today and its just so bloody low ....... so much lower than the original seat ......Anyone have some corbeau subframes fitted or raised the height of them ????

Here is a pic of the subframe i bought ..

c7borg
06-05-2010, 21:28
are your seats bottom or side mounted? which seat are they out of interest?

ranj
07-05-2010, 13:44
they are bottom mounted , they are the corbeau carrera ....

ahhhh frickin hell ..... lookin at the websites it looks like i have the subframes for side mounted corbeau seats .... and to use them right i would need side mounts and a side mounting seat ....... Doh !!!!!!!!!

I will have to try to modify the frames or sell em on ebay i guess ...... :(

scratcher
07-05-2010, 14:19
It looks as though you just have the top part of the tilting subframes to me.

scratcher
07-05-2010, 14:31
Ignore the mess, but you can see the lower part here.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/pimpscratcher/Renault/SDC13812.jpg

Big Steve - Raider
07-05-2010, 14:32
:laugh: You got a couple of Hobbit's under their also?? :laugh:

scratcher
07-05-2010, 14:52
Yeah, I had to shoo them off to take the picture :agree::laugh:
The car really needs a tidy out :dearme:

ranj
07-05-2010, 14:57
Thanks for the pic .... i have some parts lying around from a sparco 5 gt turbo mounting frame that bolts itself together .......... so it looks like i will have some drilling to do and hopefully can make a decent mount from the two sets of frames .... maybe all is not lost yet :)

c7borg
07-05-2010, 16:50
I'l be honest it doesn't look particularly low as you have it, think lower center of gravity :)

It is something you get used to mine are quite low.. unless you can't see over the dash? can you get someone to take a photo of you sitting in it?

ranj
08-05-2010, 23:53
Had a go at sorting things out tonight but seat went too high .... will try again .... hey scratcher can you tell us the height of the legs on the lower part of the subframe you have ... may help in me finding the correct seat height ..... cheers ..

scratcher
09-05-2010, 13:23
I just measured it for you. The measure ments are from the bottom fixings to the top part of the subframe. I used spacers to get the right tilt on my seat, and chopped the passenger subframe to get it lower and more reclined.

Hope this makes sense...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/pimpscratcher/Renault/Untitled_image.jpg

ranj
11-05-2010, 14:42
Thanks for that mate , gonna try to raise the seat by using some sort of extenders on longer bolts to get them to that kinda height ....... Thanks again :).

Sam Fish
18-05-2010, 21:54
Hey Ranj,
You got the subframes from me :)
Sorry they arent quite right for you.

We someimes use aluminium box section to raise seats from the floorpan. You can get it in different sizes and its very strong if you get it thick enough (not that expensive either). Alot of the base mounted seats used to be fitted this way.....
How much higher do you want to be?

You can bolt the box section to the subframes, then bolt the seat to the box section :)
Use some decent sized steel washers too. - and a bit of black paint.
Hope you get them sorted.
If they dont, I may consider buying them back, as I think I have a new project!
Sam

ranj
18-05-2010, 23:21
Hey sam , thanks for the info and offer :) ...... i have managed to sort the height of the seats ... used longer bolts with some thick m8 threaded rod joiners .... seem to be strong enough so far .... i think it will be ok :)