PDA

View Full Version : Tryed to wire rev limiter in.....now car won't start

GTphil
06-05-2010, 21:16
I have tryed to wire in my rev limiter.

Went to start the car and it fired up then died, now the starter won't even turn:scratch:

The dash lights come on ect then when i turn the key nothing happens:crap:

Only thing i could think of is i might have the wires from the rev limiter in the aei the wrong way round, pulled them back out and it's still the same.

checked all the earths ect. I can't seem to see anything wrong.

Any ideas what could have happened.

Blown coil? Blown AEI? errrrr:scratch:

Haz
07-05-2010, 08:28
i presume you've chopped into the signal wire of the aei, the grey? is the aei still gettin a signal? is the limiter set really low?

GTphil
07-05-2010, 21:16
All I did was put the live and neg on the two prongs that i have on my aei. The ones that need exposing first. for some reason it started when I played with the live wire to the starter.

Very weird!:scratch: got it running with the rev limiter wired in and all was well apart from the fact the rev limiter wasn't working.

As soon as i pulled the the rev limiter bullet connectors off the aei the car died.

Gave it up as a bad job in the end:(

Thundercat
07-05-2010, 23:30
I'd remove rev limiter and check that coil pins are making good connection to aei unit when its pushed back in. Get car up and running again to check no damage to car as occured. Rev limiters i've fitted normally have three wires +ve which goes to +ve terminal of coil, -ve to good earth point and a negative coil connection wire which goes to -ve of coil. Hope this helps.

THE MASTER
07-05-2010, 23:53
think through wot you have connected or disconected . work out each circuit one at a time
working with the starter circuit first

there may be a fault that was waiting to happen dont let that fool you