PDA

View Full Version : Injector cleaning

TrixNFlix
06-05-2010, 20:31
How many people have bought some second hand injectors and fitted them without cleaning them or changing seals? What are peoples opinions. regards andy

REGGY5GT
06-05-2010, 20:44
ive just bought and swapped them in the past, seals should be ok as long as they aint perished, i usually wash them in a tub of petrol first or you can have them pro cleaned for a small fee for best results,

before cleaning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0wQh7ijOcY

after cleaning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzE2Zi4LKcE&feature=related

SCHWARTZ
06-05-2010, 21:21
how much is a set of new injectors likley to cost? those ultrasonically cleaned injectors seem a little much at £100 a set to me.:confused: never bought a set of injectors tho so dont really know.

TrixNFlix
06-05-2010, 21:28
how much is a set of new injectors likley to cost? those ultrasonically cleaned injectors seem a little much at £100 a set to me.:confused: never bought a set of injectors tho so dont really know.

Just this minute made the plunge of saab reds for £100 refurbed. I know it doubles the price of them but least it leaves one less thing to go wrong, and gives you piece of mind that the injectors are working as they should, hopefully :laugh:

SCHWARTZ
06-05-2010, 21:29

SCHWARTZ
06-05-2010, 21:31
do you know if they offer a service to clean your own injectors?
sorry for the same post twice internet wants to play silly buggers:rolleyes:

TrixNFlix
06-05-2010, 21:36
yeah they do but it worked out between £10 and £15 an injector, so after you've bought them, works out about the same. :crap:

JRP
06-05-2010, 21:47

I have sonic clean machine for boiler heat exchangers on my van... i wonder if its the same cleaning principle? could be cheaper

TrixNFlix
06-05-2010, 22:13
I have sonic clean machine for boiler heat exchangers on my van... i wonder if its the same cleaning principle? could be cheaper

Who's gona pop one in johns fryer and see what happens? :eek:

SCHWARTZ
06-05-2010, 23:08
id like to see what happens i have four injectors that i was going to replace john if you wana try it?

Haz
28-05-2010, 07:56
just get the fuel system all plumbed up, with the injector rail removed from the head, 4 injector into 4 glass milk bottles. if the spray pattern and amount is the same on each then jobs a goodun. some injectors may look polished at the base, past the o ring which can mean fuel has been coming past so worth replacin them then