PDA

View Full Version : Who's ready for pod....

Brigsy
05-05-2010, 11:42
Whos ready for pod?

As usual i have a list of jobs to do even though i have been trying to prepare since january!

Put van back together as still in bits & keep fingers crossed the new gearbox is ok.

Tune carb to cure bogging & turn boost up.

Fix anything else that breaks(its bound to happen).

Fit m&h tyres onto my banded steels & test fit, the rims still havent turned up yet! I have been assured they will be here by the end of the week:rolleyes:

Remove towbar/spare wheel/other random items to shed some weight.

Anybody else going to have a busy couple of weeks like me?

D4WNO
05-05-2010, 11:44
Nope. I have to pack the tent, pillows, booze and Adam...then I'll be ready :D

Logg
05-05-2010, 12:16
Not looking good for me I need to tax, insure and MOT the 5 and build a carb that will take a good amount of boost. I'll probably just end up going in the 11......

Ashy
05-05-2010, 12:37
bad news for me, mapped the car up to 10 psi and its running great... Then turnoed it upto 1 bar and the clutch is slipping! Gutted... Just have to run it low boost :(

car.crash
05-05-2010, 12:54
The cars ready and feels quick. It just needs a driver to take it.

Mr Raider
05-05-2010, 13:08
Gotta up the boost from standard, get fuelling set up, re-fit sideskirt, oil and filter change and general clean and tidy up then fingers crossed, - be good to go! :cool:

clee
05-05-2010, 13:08
Engine done , electrics done ,will drop it in properly this weekend I hope .

See if clutch will disengage then plumb in the CC waterworks ....run in then try and get some fella down to map it as it'll be running lean on the new heads :D
May make it ..may not .

J8TRO
05-05-2010, 13:24
Cars all set up, need to give it an oil and filter change and bleed the brakes as they are going soft, might quickly flush the cooling system too.

Only other thing I want to sort out is my Williams wheels, this depends on time over the next few weekends, I can't deck the car as wanted on my coilovers because of the 172's offset clashing with the adjustable plate / spring :crap:

Markey Mark (BD)
05-05-2010, 16:00
I'm looking good for Pod day, engine is now in the campus just got to play with the carb so it copes with 25psi! :D

Fix the slight gear oil leak from gearbox, dig the slicks out from the garage (may bring both sets), give car once over then its all ready. :)

GTphil
05-05-2010, 16:03
My list is:-

Fit fuel pump
Fit new servo and mastercylinder(gonna be a nice job!)
Seal petrol tank bung
Wire in rev limiter
Set carb up for more boost! (currently at 17psi manifold)

Phew!!

I have just been informed my brake servo and mastercylinder will be with me probs tmoz(cheers mike!) and so will the fuel pump, hopefully, although I was expecting that today:crap:

Os8472
05-05-2010, 16:17
My list goes like this

Make fuel pressure regulator bracket
setup regulator
port match new efi inlet manifold
weld up unused connection on throttle body
weld and tap new air temp sensor position on boost pipe
Bolt new manifold on
rewire crank sensor
bolt engine together and setup new idle settings
prey the map will be ok for abit of boost till I can get it mapped proper

dangerous dave
05-05-2010, 16:55
Wash the van, pack the tent... wave at the 5 as i leave:p

stu21t
05-05-2010, 17:14
i just treated mine to 1 of these
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/stu21t/tax.jpg

so will hopefully be there,
not running tho :cry: would have been the perfect test and tune day for me as well :(

also bought an itg air filter and hoses/ducting, so will have a filter for the first time.
still waiting on a new clutch slave aswell :sad2:
now im off for a test drive and hope alls ok and the clutch holds out long enough.

JRP
05-05-2010, 17:27
My list.

Retrive car from body shop.

Strip down engine bay find oil and gear oil leaks.

Fix leaks

Fix fuel tank

MOT

TAX

BEER/TENT/FOOD/MINIBBQ/MORE BEER/SOME VODKA AND SKITTLES

The new Bill J
05-05-2010, 17:28
I've got to pack the car, drive to the petrol station, fill up, drive a few miles, fill up with fuel again, drive a few more miles, fill up with fuel again, then I should make it there :laugh:

Brigsy
05-05-2010, 17:36
Plenty of room in that jap taxis boot for a full tent this time eh Bill:D

The new Bill J
05-05-2010, 17:42
Plenty of room in that jap taxis boot for a full tent this time eh Bill:D

Ho ho ho! :ashamed:

That must have been about 5/6 years ago, and it still gets bought up every year :laugh:

R5GT-GOO
05-05-2010, 17:59
was ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blown headgasket!!!!
guna try and get it built back up in time,

hope and pray!!! really want to take it on strip, first time for car and me!!!

Adam L
05-05-2010, 18:25
I've been a bit heavy handed with my gearbox and it's grinding when I shft from 3rd to 4th at high rmp, although it's always been a bit funny inbetween those two gears. The car is flying now though, that i've turned the boost up, it's a bit higher than I should be running...

I'll be there giving it some rear wheel action:D

D4WNO
05-05-2010, 18:28

While I stand at the side of the strip, watching you and rolling my eyes - Like this ----> :rolleyes:

Spooky
05-05-2010, 18:37
While I stand at the side of the strip, watching you and rolling my eyes - Like this ----> :rolleyes:

just like Michelle :laugh:

scratcher
05-05-2010, 19:13
SOME VODKA AND SKITTLES

Good shout. Get it prepped a good week or so in advance so it settles nicely :agree:
And never try it with Lambrini, it just shoots out of the top :laugh:

I still need to book the day off for the event. I'm so forgetful :dearme:

D4WNO
05-05-2010, 19:14
I'm not doing my skittles Vodka again this year...I never bloody get any for myself!!! :cry:

Sukhi, we do that because you turn into excited little boys when you get in your cars lol :laugh:

Spooky
05-05-2010, 19:23
Now that Clio is insured for track days...she's going to love me even more...:p :laugh:

mr bean aka pete
05-05-2010, 21:51
Me and Mrs bean will be there in the clio cheering all of you lot going up the strip :smokin: and catching up with everyone else :p see you all there

mike r5 gtt
06-05-2010, 00:16
:mad::mad: my boss told me today that my holiday has been cancelled for training :mad: even tho its been booked for months:mad: :mad:
so i may have to come down with some strange illness:dearme::wasntme:
still gonna try and trailer the kart up as my 5 will never been done!:cry:

Kenobi
06-05-2010, 09:10
Im hoping a little gearbox angel called Bric will deliver a nice manual box to me at Santa pod.

Coops
06-05-2010, 09:54
i'm ready:cool:

well got to check fluids and give it some more scientific 'tests' around the derbyshire countryside first

did oil and filter other week and sorted air leak with some shiny ptfe gaskets so thats the issues i had all gone!

oh retrieve the roll cage from the bodyshop and refit it, altho i may leave it out till after pod for the weight save ;)

gttjames
06-05-2010, 11:18
Need to
put new wirring in:(
new water pump:(
pipe in all hoses, fill with water, intercooler and boost hoses, bleed
fit new bumpers, wings and bonnet
give it a general sort out and clean
mot

oh dear!

Kris M
06-05-2010, 19:13
Need to
put new wirring in:(
new water pump:(
pipe in all hoses, fill with water, intercooler and boost hoses, bleed
fit new bumpers, wings and bonnet
give it a general sort out and clean
mot

oh dear!

come on James, thats a days job ;) :D

GTphil
07-05-2010, 21:21
[quote=GTphil;152547]My list is:-

Fit fuel pump (done!)
Fit new servo and mastercylinder (done!)
Seal petrol tank bung
Wire in rev limiter
Set carb up for more boost! (currently at 17psi manifold)

Also fitted a new fuel pressure regulator. However one of my rear caliper bleed nipples snapped:mad: couldn't get the brake pipe union off either to pikey bleed it.

So thats two more jobs added to the list

Fit replacement rear caliper
fit new rear brakeline
fit another handbrake cable (as i mullered mine removing the caliper)

It's always the same, one job leads to another......then another..........then another ect ect ect. :coffee:

Brigsy
08-05-2010, 11:43
Made some progress finally.

Put van back together as still in bits & keep fingers crossed the new gearbox is ok (done)

Tune carb to cure bogging & turn boost up - (carb jetted needs testing)

Fix anything else that breaks(its bound to happen) - Speedo no longer worky:rolleyes:

Fit m&h tyres onto my banded steels & test fit, the rims still havent turned up yet! I have been assured they will be here by the end of the week:rolleyes:

Remove towbar/spare wheel/other random items to shed some weight.

philr5t
08-05-2010, 17:50
i will be there but no car again this year :mad: but will bring yards of booze to keep me company

Jessop
10-05-2010, 22:24
Somehow i cant see me doing a full VTS conversion to my white AX before the 21st like.. so 1.1 power it shall be lol.

Rob@Backyardracing
11-05-2010, 19:30
Ok so we bust the box on the civic, ive got a spare and should have the car back up and running, will be attending this event as we need to sort out so many issues we have at the moment, the cam wont be here tho :( just happy to get some nice consistancy from the car.. TDI northwest will also be join us for this one with buckos EP3... lets hope its an awsome day..:smokin:

Bigfoot
15-05-2010, 13:00
Mis-fire now sorted. Dodgy dizzy cap or rotor arm was the problem, even though looking at them there is nothing wrong :confused: now just need to get it MOT'd as it runs out 21st of this month :( could be interesting

asbo
15-05-2010, 13:39
i have a place near by that is very good on mot's if you know what i mean been going there for 3 years and never had a fail he knows the score with old classics :):agree:

Bigfoot
15-05-2010, 13:57
i have a place near by that is very good on mot's if you know what i mean been going there for 3 years and never had a fail he knows the score with old classics :):agree:

Let me know if can sort it out during the week :) dont mind taking the laptop to have a much around with the fueling a bit if the emissions are not on.

Coops
15-05-2010, 16:31
Let me know if can sort it out during the week :) dont mind taking the laptop to have a much around with the fueling a bit if the emissions are not on.

hope you pootle up in the car mate, want to pick your brains from first hand experience of the adaptronic on an F7P-T :cool:

Bigfoot
15-05-2010, 18:51
Ill be up that way either in the 5 or the 19 so no worries about that. Just fingers cross all is good this week and I can get it up there. Fancying seeing what it does up the strip at 1 bar of boost :D

Coops
16-05-2010, 11:21
sweet man, should be good, mine pulls 270bhp, 12.83@113 with 1.1 bar of boost in a clio shell :cool: and thats crap off the shelf chip :cooter:

if your not in r5 then pop over and give me a shout, i'll be in grey caged clio mk 1 with white superlegs

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2010, 14:35
Well spent abit of time this morning setting the campus up for friday, its up to 21psi now and fueling is good. Its little rich but abit more boost will sort that out. :D Will dig out the slicks this week and sort them out, will be seeing if the 22x9" tyres will fit under the campus archs, if not will stick my 20" tyres on for the day.

Just got to change the gearbox oil seal then its tweek the boost little more, double check the fueling and thats it, its all ready for friday! :)

Rob@Backyardracing
16-05-2010, 14:44
Well Been practicing and timing myself for a civic gearbox swap if i ever need to do one at pod one day, 45mins :)....

Going to install the new hondata boost controller this week and should be ready to go.. even better news i mite my cam thursday :D ill be fitting that on they way to pod with the head on my lap... :agree:

Considering to pulling out the near 100kg of balist weight we have had to add to our car so we can race in HKS.. be nice to get the car back to what it was like last year without having to run so much tune so the motor lasts..

Os8472
16-05-2010, 15:19
I'm abit closer after a good couple of hours workin on it this morning.

All I've got left to do is

bolt the front bumper back on
get it off the axle stands
fill it with oil
hook up the laptop and reset the tps settings
tweak the ignition and fueling maps enough for it to drive (proberbly use the factory ignition map for now)
And finally pray

dave r5
16-05-2010, 15:51
I'm ready.
Ignition and fuel map edited
rev limit raised
new plugs, batery, starter fitted

then booom the bomb drops and I can't go
as it's the birds b day an I've bought her a lap top,
rendering me **** broke.

Logg
16-05-2010, 19:32
5 is now Taxed, MOTed and insured. :)

New carb on and fueling seems better but still not happy. 11.6-8 at full chat @ 17psi :crap:

Roll on Friday. :smokin:

Spooky
16-05-2010, 19:40

New carb on and fueling seems better but still not happy. 11.6-8 at full chat @ 17psi :crap:

Carb spec ?

Logg
16-05-2010, 19:50
Carb spec ?

1.25 main
1.05 a/c
1.4 E2
2.mm needle valve

Was hoping it'll be richer so I could run more boost. maybe a new fuel pump might help. mmmmm

Brigsy
16-05-2010, 19:54

High 11's is ok mate, lean her off a little with more boost:D My engine with same cam fitted was fuel hungry. If you want more go for .90 a/c & if even more go for 130 main.

Spooky
16-05-2010, 20:05
1.25 main
1.05 a/c
1.4 E2
2.mm needle valve

Was hoping it'll be richer so I could run more boost. maybe a new fuel pump might help. mmmmm

like brigsy just said try a 1.0 mm or maybe a 0.9 mm a/c...you should start creeping into the 12s...:D

brigsy, bring the wideband...we can have a poke about :coffee: :D

gtmatt
16-05-2010, 20:13
Just to fill the 172 with juice pack it up with beer and camping
and a exhaust then I'm sorted

Logg
16-05-2010, 20:14
Don't have any of those lying about and don't want to solder up any of my new jets. and have the skill to mash up a/c jets real good as all my E1 jets have found out.

Want the fuelling to be 11.9-12.1 ish so it'll be nice and safe. but need 20 psi again. 1.3 main might be the way forward then I'll find out Thursday.

Spooky
16-05-2010, 20:16
Don't have any of those lying about and don't want to solder up any of my new jets. and have the skill to mash up a/c jets real good as all my E1 jets have found out.

Want the fuelling to be 11.9-12.1 ish so it'll be nice and safe. but need 20 psi again. 1.3 main might be the way forward then I'll find out Thursday.

Loggy, if I've got the jets. I'll bring them dude...I know I've got a 1.0mm a/c so thats yours dude :)

Logg
16-05-2010, 20:20
Loggy, if I've got the jets. I'll bring them dude...I know I've got a 1.0mm a/c so thats yours dude :)

your a star.:agree:

GTphil
16-05-2010, 21:32
Well, got all my jobs done then popped my HG whilst setting up:ashamed: Must be det related as fueling was spot on 11.5/12.2 afr at 24psi manifold:cool: I think it might have been down to a split vac pipe going to the aei.

Anyways i have managed to sort out some time over the next few days to change the HG and carry on setting up. don't want anymore boost just for it to not pop HG'S every five mins:laugh::laugh:

jaffa
17-05-2010, 21:17
what time u getting dwn there for on thursday eve brigsy? we should be there for 9ish so will call u for a couple of jars :agree:

D4WNO
17-05-2010, 21:27
I'm getting pretty excited about this now, especially as I also have Thursday off work. This weekend will consist of zero sleep - Got a friends party Saturday night too, eek.

Mart
17-05-2010, 21:29
Aii, it's gonna be a good'un :cool: Be nice to catch up with everyone again :agree: :)

J8TRO
17-05-2010, 21:32
I'm nearly ready, oil change on Wednesday and good to go!

New wheels fitted :), won't spam this tread with photos

Ross
17-05-2010, 21:33
I'm nearly ready, oil change on Wednesday and good to go!

New wheels fitted :), won't spam this tread with photos

spam them somewhere i wanna see!

Rob@Backyardracing
17-05-2010, 21:33
Im freaking excited now... The first BYR D16 cam has arrived, been on order since November 8th last year, WTF... yayyyyyy... shame im binning the motor after 3 more events.. :crap:... Gearbox is fitted, boost control installed in ecu, just need pull motor apart now to fit cam and springs...happy days....

jaffa
17-05-2010, 21:54
yeah deffo gonna be the biggest collection of the current fastest 1/4 mile cars we have ever had in one place as a club event...might be some suprises i hope :cool:

Rob@Backyardracing
17-05-2010, 22:05
yeah deffo gonna be the biggest collection of the current fastest 1/4 mile cars we have ever had in one place as a club event...might be some suprises i hope :cool:

Not from us, we going backwards... must say tho, being a member on a few clubs, rtoc seems to produce some fast cars with good brains and not just a big wallet.. as said tho we have a good line up:

Scoff 10.6@141
Bucko 10.3@142
Specki .... 10`s and very impressive..
Glen... Pure gold for his effort and being the first person to push an efi c1j...hats of to the guy..

Unsure what else in 10s is going but still, some great cars to see..:agree: guna be a good day..

Matt Cole
17-05-2010, 22:06
You running the T200 Jaffa or are ya scared of all these well built c1j's floating about!!:D

andyrg
17-05-2010, 22:27
oh man i wish i could coem too this now :( didnt relise what it was untill last week. DOAH.

never mind next year

J8TRO
17-05-2010, 22:28
spam them somewhere i wanna see!

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?p=155478#post155478 :)

Brigsy
17-05-2010, 23:01
Should be down for 9 ish jaffa ill give you a bell.

Touch wood & fingers crossed iam ready :cool: Just need to fuel up & good to go.

Kris M
17-05-2010, 23:04
Ai, im pretty much sorted, just need to pack the tent etc and fill the old girl up and we`re off ;)

Sam M
18-05-2010, 01:10
I've been a bit heavy handed with my gearbox and it's grinding when I shft from 3rd to 4th at high rmp, although it's always been a bit funny inbetween those two gears. The car is flying now though, that i've turned the boost up, it's a bit higher than I should be running...

Adam I really dont know how you never blew the Pulsar gearbox up but on every other car you have pretty much killed the box :laugh:, if a chocolate gearbox was named, the Pulsars are the stereotype for this, but saying that mines been perfect for the last 3 years.

jaffa
18-05-2010, 22:22
You running the T200 Jaffa or are ya scared of all these well built c1j's floating about!!:D

theres only 1 well built c1j knocking about m8........oh ****e thats it now i have jixed the old girl.........it will be run the same set up i have had for the last 4 years round the circuits m8.......its all about the fun these days not pushing the envelope.

you knocking about m8? or just your young un?

R5GT-GOO
18-05-2010, 23:45
hi guys

just changed hg after a split pipe to wastegate!!! lol
just managed to fit aem wideband and new sump as was leaking loads of oil out!!! fingers crossed its stopped leaking, just bought a carb of forum so guna fetch it with me to play with on day!!!! hope some of you can give me ideas how to sort my fueling problems out...........plz oh and pressure lost at wastegate lol its doing my head in

guna get tent ready, beer and b&q packed..... just fuel to sort and im ready to show GOO what pods all about!!!
excited to match faces to names too.:smokin:

rs250nut
19-05-2010, 07:48
Well, got all my jobs done then popped my HG whilst setting up:ashamed: Must be det related as fueling was spot on 11.5/12.2 afr at 24psi manifold:cool: I think it might have been down to a split vac pipe going to the aei.

Anyways i have managed to sort out some time over the next few days to change the HG and carry on setting up. don't want anymore boost just for it to not pop HG'S every five mins:laugh::laugh:

Knock the ignition back a touch then if its not a split hose

Os8472
19-05-2010, 07:55
Its running :)

GTphil
19-05-2010, 08:16
Knock the ignition back a touch then if its not a split hose

It's running again now, the ingnition timing has been put back to standard, niether the gasket or valves/plugs showed any signs of det, the gasket looked bran new still. I did have the incorrect washers on the head and some of them had mushroomed slightly. Who knows??

On thursday evening i have to re-tourq the head re-set the valve clearances give it a flush through a few times with some cheap oil ( i didn't drain the coolant properly when i took the head off and some has made it's way into the oil) then pray it will make it to pod!:wasntme:

Mr AA mans on speed dial!

clee
19-05-2010, 08:18
Bedded in rings now .Compression tested .Bank A good , Bank B a bar better :scratch::laugh:
Hopefully the drive down to Pod will settle things in nicely .I won't have much space for shop stuff though as I'll be packing a full toolkit .

Kenobi
19-05-2010, 08:56
I will have to take some lemsips. I've got plague.

The new Bill J
19-05-2010, 13:27
I've got a cracking dose of Man-flu. I'm never ill, this is doing my loaf in :cry:

Still, I've finished work now until next week, so I suppose I had better get the car cleaned, ready for it's 'Sammy special' photoshoot, and fill my nice big boot with beer and tent :D

markey b
19-05-2010, 13:53
my to do list...

set alarm for 6am
turn key

:agree:

asbo
19-05-2010, 14:18
was all ready for pod and looking forward to meting every one friday but due to my dad haveing heart problem's and just been taken to hospital again im not sure if i can make it what a bummer been working on my car all week with him 2 :disagree: hopefully see you let friday fingers crossed :(

dangerous dave
19-05-2010, 21:08
just thought i'd ad.

REMEMBER TO BRING SOME BEER if your camping, every year theres people trying to leave the pod after the guards have locked us in for the night..

dont be a no beer nigel... :cooter:

id say this bit of info should get its own thread, last year some poor guy had a gulf of loggs chilli booka as they ran out of booze:sad:

Os8472
19-05-2010, 21:11
Thanks to Handy Andy mine is now up and running and ready to go but I'm not racing, anybody need a track pass?

Adam L
19-05-2010, 22:13
Adam I really dont know how you never blew the Pulsar gearbox up but on every other car you have pretty much killed the box :laugh:, if a chocolate gearbox was named, the Pulsars are the stereotype for this, but saying that mines been perfect for the last 3 years.

What can I say, Sam, that box just suited my driving style. I never ever crunched a gear in that car. Mind you, I only ever gave it a full on 6k rpm launch once the whole time I owned it and that was well before I did the engine... Proper quick off the line though, made all 4 wheels spin:laugh:.

I did my vvt inlet sprocket on the Nissan earlier, easiest 45 minutes work ever... Nissan quote 3 hours or something, retards. It won't benefit performance though, it just stops the car from sounding like a 250k mile diesel engine when it's warm.

Spooky
20-05-2010, 12:29

Mate, I've given the last 1.0mm a/c away...I thought I had a spare :(...:smokin:

Spooky
20-05-2010, 12:34
Just in the process of cleaning the 172...then giving the car a once over for fluid levels, fuel up...pack Adeys spoiler which I'm tempted to steal :cooter:...

I'll no doubt be awake at the crack of dawn ( no pun intended :laugh: ) with an excited 3.5yr old waiting to go on a road trip with her dad :)

Logg
20-05-2010, 13:31
Mate, I've given the last 1.0mm a/c away...I thought I had a spare :(...:smokin:

Thanks for the looking mate. :agree:

Think I'll just leave it at current spec it don't feel quick but as long as I get there get a few runs in and get home fine I'm happy. :smokin:

ranj
20-05-2010, 13:38
JUst tidying my car up and changing the oil ... was gonna set up tappets but ill leave them as they are now .....

Cant decide whether to take the back seats out and leave them home with my parcel shelf .........?

ranj
20-05-2010, 14:46
i also have a strut brace in my garage ..... presume it would be no use at the pod .... just on the track ...... is that right ???

Spooky
20-05-2010, 14:59
i also have a strut brace in my garage ..... presume it would be no use at the pod .... just on the track ...... is that right ???

no - the idea of the strut brace is to reduce the chassis flexing so bung it on :)

you will definetly notice a difference with it fitted :smokin:

Kenobi
20-05-2010, 15:06
hi guys

just changed hg after a split pipe to wastegate!!! lol
just managed to fit aem wideband and new sump as was leaking loads of oil out!!! fingers crossed its stopped leaking, just bought a carb of forum so guna fetch it with me to play with on day!!!! hope some of you can give me ideas how to sort my fueling problems out...........plz oh and pressure lost at wastegate lol its doing my head in

guna get tent ready, beer and b&q packed..... just fuel to sort and im ready to show GOO what pods all about!!!
excited to match faces to names too.:smokin:

Hi man im glad your going, see you there, Im hoping to hold the record for slowest car ever.

Markey Mark (BD)
20-05-2010, 16:49
Well after doing a gearbox swap today, fitting new exhaust, downpipe and stiff rear engine mount plus sort out those bloody boost pipes i am all done and ready for tomorrow! :D

Quite rare for me to say that!:laugh:

Logg
20-05-2010, 16:53
I've just got to wash the car and clean the engine bay again. As I had the alternator die on the way back from getting some oil so have oilly marks every where. . :cry:

Spooky
20-05-2010, 16:54
Well after doing a gearbox swap today, fitting new exhaust, downpipe and stiff rear engine mount plus sort out those bloody boost pipes i am all done and ready for tomorrow! :D

Quite rare for me to say that!:laugh:

Good man :D :agree:

Sparkie
20-05-2010, 17:24
waterpump change this evening!!!:agree:

BigWilly425
20-05-2010, 20:57
again, last minute repairs... exhaust still blowing... just sealed with heat silicone (again).. hopefully will last tomorrow....

stu21t
21-05-2010, 00:43
i was,
clutch has packed up, slipping in every gear now.
new ones been ordered but will take a week or so as im having it made.

have fun guys.

GTphil
21-05-2010, 02:04
just got in now from driving back from the lake district, retourqed headbolts/re set valve clearances/flushed out the oil 5 times! Got a load of coolant in it when i took the head off.
Then when i was driving home the alt belt went through a heater matrix hose! Just spend 30 mins bodging that, shower time now then a few hours kip, got to set off at 5am tmoz, still need to bleed the coolant give it a wash and vac, fuel up and im away :-)

Kenobi
21-05-2010, 06:00
well, i'm awake, so thats a good start. If only i could dress myself. :laugh:

Os8472
21-05-2010, 06:02
I slept well last night as the car is running and I have confedense in it:scared:

Just gotta get all me food packed and load the car and am off

warpspeed
21-05-2010, 06:18
Hope all you guys and girls have a great time and don't break anything or set fire to any tree's, that means you big steve!!!! :laugh:
wish i was going but unfortunately i'm all at sea, why do people want cables surveyed when there's important event's to be attended?!!!! :cry::laugh:

Hoolio
21-05-2010, 10:26
Does anyone know what time this goes on till this eve? I may try to cut work early and drive up.