PDA

View Full Version : Side light/starter motor

benj88
04-05-2010, 19:29
This is starting to anoy me, my drivers side light and rear side light don't work, it dusnt matter weather I change the bulb or fuse nothing works, the brake light still works tho, my mate cleand the connection on the back light and it workd for a bit but I'm back to square 1, any advice please? Bad earth?

Also.. My car has an imobiliser and obv before you start it you have to lock and unlock, but sometimes it doesn't start, the imobiliser light is on but wen I'm turning the key I just get "tut" "tut" and nothing happens it's very anoying, But then wen I do start it it's turning over for about 5 or 6 seconds before it fires up.. However, if iv been driving it and the engines warmd up sumtimes it starts straight up, but stil even when it's warm I get the turn key "tut" and a few second fire up... Lol. could this just be a case of needing a new starter ?

Brigsy
04-05-2010, 19:38
Not sure whats up with the lights mate, its a wiring fault somewhere though.

Your starter motor is shagged, get a new un bought:laugh:

benj88
04-05-2010, 19:47
Not sure whats up with the lights mate, its a wiring fault somewhere though.

Your starter motor is shagged, get a new un bought:laugh:

It's so anoyin having a light out, are the stater motors a tricky job? Il get one orderd

Brigsy
04-05-2010, 19:55
Its a bit fiddly but not too bad to change mate. Make sure you buy a std gtt starter, yours is the so called uprated one that lasts 5 mins.

benj88
04-05-2010, 20:11
Its a bit fiddly but not too bad to change mate. Make sure you buy a std gtt starter, yours is the so called uprated one that lasts 5 mins.

"updated" parts are so micky mouse, Il get one orderd, weres the cheapest place to get one?