PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Alarm

The Mighty Clam
03-05-2010, 17:54
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Howdy all, just had an alarm fitted and there is a problem.

When I unlock the car, open the boot and start loading up shopping or whatever, after about 60 secs the car re-locks (with the boot still open) then the alarm goes off. Very damn embarrassing! :ashamed:

If I just unlock the car then wait 60 secs (without opening the boot), it doesn't re-lock, it just arms the imobilliser like it's supposed to. The company who fitted the alarm aren't any help, so I'm prostrating myself before you all! :worship:

Cheers

IANMM
03-05-2010, 18:08
make and model of the alarm? b

The Mighty Clam
03-05-2010, 19:02

it's a Toad Ai606.

P5 GTT
03-05-2010, 20:10
The alarm is'nt sensing you have entered the car ... it probably doesn't help that the boot isn't central locking either! You will need to turn the ignition on so that it registers. Not a bad feature of an alarm but can be easy to lock your keys in the car!! Instruction manual may tell you how to swith this feature off

cheeR5

James5
03-05-2010, 20:19
The alarm is'nt sensing you have entered the car ... it probably doesn't help that the boot isn't central locking either! You will need to turn the ignition on so that it registers. Not a bad feature of an alarm but can be easy to lock your keys in the car!! Instruction manual may tell you how to swith this feature off

cheeR5

:laugh: you don't want to turn the ignition on with a toad ai606 as the locks will lock even quicker (only about a 20sec time span).

I have a toad ai606 and never had the problem you are having do a quick google search and see if anyone has had similar probs.

Thundercat
03-05-2010, 20:44
Check if they have fitted a switch to boot, if not then fit one and run a wire to one of the door switches. Then alarm will register you opening boot and not re-arm itself.:)

The Mighty Clam
05-05-2010, 12:03

Thanks for your help everyone. It seems that they didn't fit a boot wire and were relying on ultrasonics to detect the boot.

I may go and hand them back the corner they cut...