PDA

View Full Version : Low temp switch water .

clee
03-05-2010, 17:46
I have an existing relayed circuit in the GTA that used to switch on engine bay cooling fans .This was controlled by an air temp sensor on a bracket near the turbo and would run the fans with ignition off .
I want to do exactly the same thing but run the charge cooler setup instead so I need a water temp sensor but it needs to be low temp switching . Any ideas where to get one from ?

Scoff
03-05-2010, 17:52
I remember a few years ago colin or someone talking about how a replacement anti-perc fan switch from a GT was actually the same as a rad-fan water temp switch from a metro. Unfortunately I don't know which metro so you might have to do a bit of digging.

Wouldn't you be better switching the CC on or off according to the charge cooler water temp instead ?

clee
03-05-2010, 17:58
That's how I've wired it up at the moment . Toggle switch spliced into the old air temp wiring .It even switches on the dash warning light still ;)
I was just wanting something automatic that will switch a lot lower than a normal rad switch and switch itself off when she's cooled down .

clee
03-05-2010, 18:42
Would this work if I attached a temp sensor ? Could I use this to actuate the existing relay ?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Media/PDFs/N29FL.pdf

MFaulks
07-05-2010, 16:36
Yes it will work. Get the board, can cobble an output from the ecu to switch it as well if there isn't a volt-free high current relay on board. 10A at 12V is 120W basically, so need to keep the fan motor below that. If needed we can get this board to switch a 30A auto relay anyway :) We can work it out...

clee
07-05-2010, 17:05
:)
Will get one ordered . Not crucial at this point though .