PDA

View Full Version : Help needed setting up a in-car ajustable boost controller

HULK
02-05-2010, 19:01
Hey Peeps,

My mate is wanting me to help set up his incar boost contoller!

He is setting it all up as in the diagram below

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/miscellaneous%20Technical%20Files/incar%20boost%20controller.jpg

now i know that the 3 way bleed valve under the bonnet is used to set the maximum boost ceiling and the actuator on the turbo is set at the lowest/standard boost.

my question is, how do you set the in car controller to adjust the minimum to maximum boost?? do I just make sure the in-car controller is wound on its lowest setting before i set up the bleed valve under the bonnet???????

Any help would be great!!

ps, I am fully aware that it is Sooooooo much better just setting the boost on the actuator arm as the carb can only fuel properly for one boost setting, I have already told my mate this but he would still like to have it installed anyway,and i promised i would help him set it up with my Lm1 as he helped me change a clutch in my tractor a few weeks ago.

just an answer to my question would be brilliant :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
02-05-2010, 19:08
ps, I am fully aware that it is Sooooooo much better just setting the boost on the actuator arm as the carb can only fuel properly for one boost setting, I have already told my mate this but he would still like to have it installed anyway,and i promised i would help him set it up with my Lm1 as he helped me change a clutch in my tractor a few weeks ago.

:laugh: Nice get out of jail card! :niceone: ;)

SCHWARTZ
02-05-2010, 19:48
why use two controllers? dosnt the in car one have a little metal block at the end of the vent pipe? should have a screw in it to set the max boost and adjust the actuator arm to set min boost.

HULK
02-05-2010, 20:04
why use two controllers? dosnt the in car one have a little metal block at the end of the vent pipe? should have a screw in it to set the max boost and adjust the actuator arm to set min boost.

nope it doesnt pal

SCHWARTZ
02-05-2010, 20:06
ok wel that shot that plan down :laugh:

car.crash
02-05-2010, 20:52
thats a bad idea running both of those.

HULK
02-05-2010, 21:01
well thats what this diagram suggests is the correct method

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/007impreza/incarboostcontroller.jpg

HULK
03-05-2010, 16:38
Anyone???? :scratch:

Shane P
03-05-2010, 16:52
I (http://I) am fully aware that it is Sooooooo much better just setting the boost on the actuator arm as the carb can only fuel properly for one boost setting, I have already told my mate this but he would still like to have it installed anyway

Its not just 'so much better' , its the correct way :) . You should strongly advise your mate against doing this and repay the favour to him by fixing something else on his car. Controlling the boost pressure with your right foot is the way to go.

In car boost control shouldnt even be an option on a Renault 5 GT Turbo :)