PDA

View Full Version : Steel Wheels - Weller not Coupe!

Alastair
30-04-2010, 14:58
Does anyone know what make these steel wheels are? Ive seen some that were definitely 15" but unsure if they were are reasonable offset. Are they a Weller? Anyone got any?

Also can anyone recommend a brand/manufacturer for some quality wheel studs and alloy nuts? Are forged studs (much more expensive @ over £4 each) required or overkill in peoples opinions?

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/pics/gtt1.jpeg

olidaviesuk
30-04-2010, 15:18
Was going down the rally design route with mine, works out fairly reasonably - about £25-30 to do the whole car, interested to what people think about the forged studs :)

Does anyone know what make these steel wheels are? Ive seen some that were definitely 15" but unsure if they were are reasonable offset. Are they a Weller? Anyone got any?

Also can anyone recommend a brand/manufacturer for some quality wheel studs and alloy nuts? Are forged studs (much more expensive @ over £4 each) required or overkill in peoples opinions?

Brigsy
30-04-2010, 17:53
They look like mattig ssf, not cheap! Weller do a similar rim.

raj
30-04-2010, 18:00
They look like mattig ssf, not cheap! Weller do a similar rim.
that is correct:agree: i had a set which i imported from germany fitted to my 5 briefly.

Alastair
30-04-2010, 18:47
that is correct:agree: i had a set which i imported from germany fitted to my 5 briefly.

Cool thanks all, Raj what happened to the wheels you had? Were they 15s and what offset did you get?

Anyone know much about forged studs?

Brigsy
30-04-2010, 19:40
Use ford studs & drill your hubs so you can press them in, Andy Cooke done it on the rainbow warrior. Theres some pics on here somewhere:)

Raj did you need spacers so the mattigs would clear the caliper? i knew somebody had fitted a set, nice looking steels.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
30-04-2010, 20:46
Converting mine to studs too.....handy when you work for a Ford and Renault dealership....;)

Penfold aka The Dealer
30-04-2010, 20:51
Converting mine to studs too.....handy when you work for a Ford and Renault dealership....;)

Fancy making a few extra??

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
30-04-2010, 20:52
Yeh!;)

Also going to start doing strengthened subframes too....:eek:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
30-04-2010, 20:56

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/pics/gtt1.jpeg

Alloy nuts and forged studs are great....but get some spares...:laugh:

Adam L
30-04-2010, 21:31
There's a fella down the road from me that has 6 Weller wheels in 13x8 or 13x7, can't remember which size now, mental offset of -10. Wanted £350 for all 6 I think.

raj
30-04-2010, 23:13
Cool thanks all, Raj what happened to the wheels you had? Were they 15s and what offset did you get?

i sold them on, and my god did i make a profit on them:eek: sold to a vw fanatic.

as for the offset for the life of me i cant remember:scratch: but i will say they were an arse to fit. i had to use spacers to clear the calipers.

i can however tell you i had 13x7.5 on the front and 13x8 on the rear.