PDA

View Full Version : White GT Turbo on a J reg!(J178 ROJ) Neasden High Street 2day

5GTTurbo
28-04-2010, 23:10
Whilst on the 297 bus at about 4:30pm-ish today (i know, i shouldnt be on a bus!! :mad:) on Neasden High St there was a white GT Turbo, stripped out interior, rear strut brace, front mount 'cooler parked up opposite the bust stop, i even had time to get the reg: J178 ROJ

Being on a J reg aswell that certainly got my attention :agree:

VINNY
29-04-2010, 23:30
Hello mate thats my car! A very rare sighting as it's almost legendary lol Had loads of comments from passers by and motorists that day, even a friendly nod from the plod lol a guy even came over to me at Tesco petrol station and said'you don't wanna put that crap in your car,it's a GTTurbo!' Cheers m8 long live the 5:agree:

Slim
29-04-2010, 23:47
Cool.. i didnt know there wher others with a GTT in my area! :D :cool:

5GTTurbo
30-04-2010, 01:04
Hello mate thats my car! A very rare sighting as it's almost legendary lol Had loads of comments from passers by and motorists that day, even a friendly nod from the plod lol a guy even came over to me at Tesco petrol station and said'you don't wanna put that crap in your car,it's a GTTurbo!' Cheers m8 long live the 5:agree:

Ah nice one, it got my attention while on the bus so had a good look!

I've never seen it down Ace Cafe and considering your not a million miles away from there i thought id put a post on here.

So theres still a few floating around the NW/W/Middx area but not good as mines off-road due to financial issues! :(

Keep up the good work tho ;)

benj88
30-04-2010, 08:20
J reg 5s are cool as!

Penfold aka The Dealer
30-04-2010, 08:21
J reg 5s are cool as!

Why? Just means they were left in a field as they couldnt be sold when they were selling H Reg's...

benj88
30-04-2010, 08:31
Why? Just means they were left in a field as they couldnt be sold when they were selling H Reg's...

A suppose, iv rarely seen a j 5, my mate had a tungy but that's the only one iv seen

Tinka_Dill
30-04-2010, 10:55
Anyone ever come across a 'K' plate 5 Turbo? I'm sure I remember seeing one many moons ago.. but then again we're talking around 1995 when I was raving and taking too many drugs!! :smokin:

James5
30-04-2010, 11:41
Anyone ever come across a 'K' plate 5 Turbo? I'm sure I remember seeing one many moons ago.. but then again we're talking around 1995 when I was raving and taking too many drugs!! :smokin:

There were a few K plates as Penfold said earlier these were right at the back of the field.

benj88
30-04-2010, 11:42

Did they make them on k? I thort J was the last plate the gt turbos were made on? Campus?

Shane P
30-04-2010, 12:05
There are a good few hundred J plates out there, and about 6 K plates :)

Tinka_Dill
30-04-2010, 12:07
Did they make them on k? I thort J was the last plate the gt turbos were made on? Campus?

Found this post on another site.....

"The last five turbo's were on a k plate of which there was five.Ive only ever seen one on a k-reg and that was years ago in a old revs mag in the for sale section and that was in white.

As for raiders there was 1000 made mainly on g and h plates but again at a national day in 2004 or 2005(cant remeber what year) there was a raider on a j-plate.The only j-plate raider ive ever seen or heard of.

J-plates five turbos came in either grey or white from what i can tell and have seen.Apart from that raider".

Guess I wasn't as out of it as I may have thought. I distinctly remember it being a white 5 Turbo I saw on a K plate.

Shane P
30-04-2010, 12:13
As for raiders there was 1000 made mainly on g and h plates but again at a national day in 2004 or 2005(cant remeber what year) there was a raider on a j-plate.The only j-plate raider ive ever seen or heard of.

500 on a G and 500 on a H plate, plus the continental ones, J plate Raiders don't exist :)

Bigfoot
30-04-2010, 13:21
The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for K55 GTT are:
Date of Liability 01 09 2010 Date of First Registration 04 08 1992 Year of Manufacture 1992 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1397CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status SORN Not Due Vehicle Colour WHITE Vehicle Type Approval Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £68.75 12 Months Rate £125.00
Thats the only K reg one I know of.

Big Steve - Raider
30-04-2010, 15:57

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/DSCF1620.jpg

phase i 16 v turbo
30-04-2010, 16:26
I have come across a K-reg many moons ago. I was told there was a single M-Reg that had been sat round and not registered. Not sure how true this is. I have 2 of my own J regs tucked away, one white and one tungy.

Shane P
30-04-2010, 16:45
The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for K55 GTT are:
Date of Liability 01 09 2010 Date of First Registration 04 08 1992 Year of Manufacture 1992 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1397CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status SORN Not Due Vehicle Colour WHITE Vehicle Type Approval Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £68.75 12 Months Rate £125.00
Thats the only K reg one I know of.

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o441/Chimp2k/Other/TauntonMassive2.jpg

The white one, parked next to moi :) I burned my Raider 6 days later :(

Big Steve - Raider
30-04-2010, 16:54
:scratch: I'm sure that K reg GTT was on E-bay about a year or so ago in a right SH1T state?? It was being broken from memory? :confused:

Bigfoot
30-04-2010, 17:08
:scratch: I'm sure that K reg GTT was on E-bay about a year or so ago in a right SH1T state?? It was being broken from memory? :confused:

Dont think it was that one, but I seem to remember a post about a K reg and being rotten.

Rob@Backyardracing
30-04-2010, 17:18
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=274&pictureid=2289

small world :)

Markey Mark (BD)
30-04-2010, 17:26
J plate Raiders don't exist :)

Yes it does/did. That 5 was round my way few years ago owned by a friend of a friend, nice example of one very clean. Had a set of TSW alloys on it and lowered alittle, not too sure what happneed to it after it was sold.

I was going to say it was the only J-reg Raider i have seen but i see Big Steve Raider has put a pic up of another one, thats not the car i know and remember had different TSW alloys on it and different number configuration on the number plate. Must be 2 of them then.

Shane P
30-04-2010, 17:34
Yes it does/did. That 5 was round my way few years ago owned by a friend of a friend, nice example of one very clean. Had a set of TSW alloys on it and lowered alittle, not too sure what happneed to it after it was sold.

I was going to say it was the only J-reg Raider i have seen but i see Big Steve Raider has put a pic up of another one, thats not the car i know and remember had different TSW alloys on it and different number configuration on the number plate. Must be 2 of them then.

Lol, i stand corrected :D

Markey Mark (BD)
30-04-2010, 17:39
Lol, i stand corrected :D

;) Got to say i wouldn't of believed it if i hadn't seen it for real.

Shane P
30-04-2010, 17:44
;) Got to say i wouldn't of believed it if i hadn't seen it for real.

The one Big Steve posted up could do with having the Raider letters in the rear window though, or is that me being blind? :wasntme:

The new Bill J
30-04-2010, 17:58
Found this post on another site.....

"The last five turbo's were on a k plate of which there was five.Ive only ever seen one on a k-reg and that was years ago in a old revs mag in the for sale section and that was in white.

J-plates five turbos came in either grey or white from what i can tell and have seen.Apart from that raider".

Guess I wasn't as out of it as I may have thought. I distinctly remember it being a white 5 Turbo I saw on a K plate.

All this talk about 5 Turbos :mad: ;)

***Broken record time*** :laugh:

They're 5 gt turbo's. The 5 turbo is a very different car :D

It's never been proven/confirmed that there were 1000 Raiders.

When a car was made doesn't determine what plate it's on - That's down to when it's registered.

I have seen a couple of white gtt's on 'K' plates over the years. I know one went to Ireland, and was put on Irish plates. Rumour has it there was one Tungy Grey one as well.

I've also seen a few Raider's on 'J's'. The one posted above is owned by Chris in Twickenham, and it's actually on a J plate due to an admin error by the DVLA. I think the car was originally registered on an H, but it was put on a private plate at some point. Chris removed the private plate, and the number that the DVLA then allocated to it happened to be a J plate. He wasn't going to complain, was he?

There was an old area rep' somewhere that had Raider on it's original J plate. I can't remember his name though :ashamed:

Logg
30-04-2010, 18:01
The one Big Steve posted up could do with having the Raider letters in the rear window though, or is that me being blind? :wasntme:

It does I've got a photo of it too. ;)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/L0GGTT/Crap/th_raider3.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/L0GGTT/Crap/raider3.jpg)

Logg
30-04-2010, 18:29
Oh also come to think of it wasn't DD autosports monster car a J plate Raider.

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Magazine%20Articles/Renault%205/Redline%202003/Redline%20Feb%202003%20002.png

Shane P
30-04-2010, 18:51
It does I've got a photo of it too. ;)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/L0GGTT/Crap/th_raider3.jpg (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/L0GGTT/Crap/raider3.jpg)

Ah i see, Specsavers hear i come ! :D

DuggieGT
17-05-2010, 11:20

The year was 1997 and I was dating a bird from Rednal, South Birmingham. I had my silver "G" plate GTt and was parked outside the chippy when some guy pulled up in a white "K" reg 5 GTt. I asked if it was a copy, etc, and he assured me no. It was Renault UK's car until it was sold to him (he worked for Renault) and was then registered as new. I looked round it and it was all original and mint. He still owns it as far as I know, and lives by the Lickey Hills.

Just thought i'd share my little story :)

VINNY
17-05-2010, 18:18
I remember seeing a K Reg at Pod many years ago. I asked the guy if he wanted to sell it and he said no. Thats when I gave up on K's and brought my brilliant J Reg. Haven't looked back since!:agree:

Mart
17-05-2010, 18:38
I remember spotting a K-plate white GTT for sale in the local rag a few years back - The guy only wanted a monkey for it. Doh! :crap:

I seem to recall phoning Billy to see if he wanted to go halves on it, but I think we had literally just bought T-cup...or something like that :D

The new Bill J
17-05-2010, 18:44
I remember spotting a K-plate white GTT for sale in the local rag a few years back - The guy only wanted a monkey for it. Doh! :crap:

I seem to recall phoning Billy to see if he wanted to go halves on it, but I think we had literally just bought T-cup...or something like that :D

Oh yea, I forgot all about that. Don't tell me my memory's getting worse than yours :scared: :laugh:

Mart
17-05-2010, 18:47
:D

It's ok, I can't remember the exact reason why we didn't snap that one up?!

Next, Billy will be recalling how, at one point, he was adamant that we were going to strip & sell the bits off T-cup! :wasntme:

car.crash
17-05-2010, 18:55
Cool.. i didnt know there wher others with a GTT in my area! :D :cool:
your joking right, there are alot of gt's around here

The new Bill J
17-05-2010, 18:56
:D

It's ok, I can't remember the exact reason why we didn't snap that one up?!

Next, Billy will be recalling how, at one point, he was adamant that we were going to strip & sell the bits off T-cup! :wasntme:

I've no idea why we never got it. Maybe we had that old Phase 1 at the time, and thought that we had too many 'halves' on the go :laugh:

So what was the reason for buying T-Cup? Surely it wasn't just so you could have the strut brace, and I could have the clocks..... :wasntme:

Mart
17-05-2010, 18:56
:confused: :laugh:

Pete@Backyard Racing
17-05-2010, 21:51
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=274&pictureid=2289

small world :)

yeh i was just going 2 say thats deans old car ;)