PDA

View Full Version : holiday advice.. where to go and who with

djinuk
28-04-2010, 13:55
ok heres the score. ive not been on holiday for a few years, and the mrs has never been abroad.

We are looking for our first holiday, was originally looking at turkey, hotels got to be 3+ star and have decent pool's, all inclusive and be very close to the beach.

Also started looking at lanzarote..

currently looking on thompson holiday, and holiday hyper market.

Need to go somewhere hot.

D4WNO
28-04-2010, 14:00
I've been using travelsupermarket.com to search for mine and Adams next holiday.

All depends on your budget really and when you wanna go.

stu21t
28-04-2010, 14:05
I've been using Olympic holidays to book the last 5 years of lads holidays. Been briliant and well priced.
Me n the mrs have been on a few long haul holidays with sandals, virgin and Thompson
I would say they were all great but as said depends entirely on budget. The couples only holidays are the best, no screamin kids around.

djinuk
28-04-2010, 14:05
want to go between may and the first week of june really, failing that september..

budget is around £600.. its hard looking for holidays, as everywhere looks so good.

robbie506
28-04-2010, 14:08
i have just come back from sharm el sheik best holiday i have been on by far! been to turkey spain america ect booked next year to go again already 5* all inc me the misses and my 5 yr old £1780 inc all transfers ect through thompson great for kids sea like bath water always hot. best scoba diving i have ever done. if you havent guessed i loved it.

djinuk
28-04-2010, 14:48
is that egypt ?, i looked at egypt a few times, how long was that for.. 10 days would be awesome.

Big Steve - Raider
28-04-2010, 15:37
Millie & I are going back to Lara Beach on June 11th for two weeks to a 5* all inclusive resort which is just Fabulous!!

I would agree with the other guys that All Inclusive in either Turkey or Egypt is the way to go. Do your homework on the places on tripadvisor & make sure the place you are looking at has good reviews & your on the pigs back! :niceone:

sphinX
28-04-2010, 15:54
ok heres the score. ive not been on holiday for a few years, and the mrs has never been abroad.

We are looking for our first holiday, was originally looking at turkey, hotels got to be 3+ star and have decent pool's, all inclusive and be very close to the beach.

Also started looking at lanzarote..

currently looking on thompson holiday, and holiday hyper market.

Need to go somewhere hot.

teletextholidays.co.uk or .com

Egypt...went there last year with the ex...was brilliant

kayzee
29-04-2010, 10:33
I've been using Olympic holidays to book the last 5 years of lads holidays. Been briliant and well priced.
Me n the mrs have been on a few long haul holidays with sandals, virgin and Thompson
I would say they were all great but as said depends entirely on budget. The couples only holidays are the best, no screamin kids around.

I used Olympic last year and they booked us into a really crap hotel and were hard to contact! Although the reps were fit ;)

Going Croatia this year for the Outlook Festival, can't wait!

Bigfoot
29-04-2010, 10:43
sharm el sheik is definately a place to go, well recommend all inclusive of those place as they are not that much more than the rest. Quad biking in the desert, scuba diver is a must, plus we went on a day trip over to Cairo which was great to see the pyramids.

We went with thompson, cost us £320, booked about 5 days before we were due to go, thats when you get the bargains :)

HULK
29-04-2010, 12:26
Where do go and who with??? Hmmmm

I would say Hawaii for 2 weeks with Megan Fox. Done

next question?

robbie506
29-04-2010, 13:01
is that egypt ?, i looked at egypt a few times, how long was that for.. 10 days would be awesome.

yeah its egypt everything cheap and sunny :)

the quad biking was great bought one as soon as i got back :)
reccomend it to anybody.

and every taxi out there is a mitsubishi lancer

phase i 16 v turbo
29-04-2010, 13:22
Barbara and I went and lived in the Jungle in Nepal for several weeks completely different to anything else. We have had beach holidays and enjoyed them, but this was completely different. You look after your transport (elephant) as there were no roads and the bush was too high to walk through.

Barbara also rents her place out in Spain Large Spanish Villa with private pool. I am sure she will give a discount to RTOC members.

http://www.spain-holiday.com/rentals/accommodations/properties/6871/Javea/56/Alicante/16/Valencia/Javea.html