PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding saab injectors??

REGGY5GT
26-04-2010, 00:03
now i recall seeing something somewhere about using saab 2.0 turbo red injectors as an upgrade for the b18ft engine, is this true as a set fell in my pocket the other day at the scrap yard,lol, ive compared the injectors with the b18ft's and they look to be the same fitment, i also heard that if you use the saab injectors you have to drop the fuel pressure?? if anyone can shed some light on this it would be very much appreciated.

Scoff
26-04-2010, 00:15
No, don't drop the pressure, else what would be the point in fitting the bigger injectors ? :)

You have to bodge the air flow meter - and by bodge I mean create a hole in the pipe between AFM and turbo. Start at about 25mm and work your way larger until air:fuel becomes acceptable. It'll never be perfect but should be perfectly drivable once your done. Be sure to watch air:fuel on boost, if nothing else. Those injectors will fuel over 20psi from a T28 with ease, so running much less than that you'll find the injectors are overkill.

blaze
26-04-2010, 20:05
most ppl use the 300cc green volvo injectors an mod the MAF by makin a bypass pipe but can rember what size tho. im gonna use 250cc purple sabb injectors an try a 8mm bypass pipe