PDA

View Full Version : Renault 5 scuttle/windscreen panel RUST

MH Vehicle Solutions
25-04-2010, 22:36
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi, i am quite new to the site, but had a few ph2 5's and have fallen in love with my latest purchase, a tungy ph2.
Unfortunately it had bubbled around the windscreen, as they all seem to, and although the rest of the car is mint and the rust didnt look that bad, i have got the screen out and was going to clean it back and weld it up. Having realised it is actually worse than i first thought, i was wondering if anyone could give me some advise if they have done this repair themselves, as i am sure loads of people must have done. it looked fairly solid, but having poked about abit, i have found small holes mostly underneath where the windscreen would sit, but these run most of the way along the width of the car. I could have it welded up but was wondering if aftermarket replacement panels are available, as if i drilled the spot welds out and made a new join up the a pillars it would be a much better repair :-) any help out there would be much appreciated! cheers

car.crash
25-04-2010, 22:42
the windscreen panels are available but renault only i think. you would probably be better off going to the scrappy and cutting one off a campus.

Penfold aka The Dealer
26-04-2010, 07:35
Campus screen is one of the cheapest methods if you need to replace the whole surround...

If you want new from renault then Part number : 7751626972 & £230 is a rough price..

BriC
26-04-2010, 07:57
Have you got any pictures of how bad it is? Does it spread right round the sides, or is it just the bottom of the surround (if that makes sense?). I cut a section out of a campus I broke - It's yours if you want it.

MH Vehicle Solutions
27-04-2010, 05:08
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Have you got any pictures of how bad it is? Does it spread right round the sides, or is it just the bottom of the surround (if that makes sense?). I cut a section out of a campus I broke - It's yours if you want it.

I will take some pictures of it and post them up, i appreciate your help and if it will do what i need it to that would be perfect :)
It is literally just at the very bottom of the surround but most of the way along, it doesnt go up the a pillar, thanks

TNT ANDY
27-04-2010, 06:27
Go with the advice above - TNT Ross fabricated all the metalwork on my 5 which was very bad around the windscreen. It is possible to do, but is quite tricky.

Cut a piece out of a scrappy is my advice also.