PDA

View Full Version : lc1 AFR meter

Joe Heath
25-04-2010, 20:01
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Anyone use this? Was working fine for 1000 miles while running in, now have turned the boost up to 15psi and is playing up. Start the car and it reads ok on idle as soon as i open the throttle it stops and i sometimes get an error 8 on the led or sometimes it just reads 7.4 on the guage. I have replace the o2 sensor and the lc1 controller for new still the same. How far from the turbo do you guys mount the sensor, mine is about 6" from the elbow? Is this too close? I had a read of the manual and says sensor can be damaged if gets above 900 degrees, any idea how hot the gasses are in the downpipe? Thanks joe

car.crash
25-04-2010, 20:06
have you calibrated the sensor?

Joe Heath
25-04-2010, 20:11

Yes calibrated the heater and free air calibration lots of times no joy dont understand. All i can think of is it getting too hot as its only happened since i turned up the boost?

car.crash
25-04-2010, 20:17
you may have a faulty kit, im sure there were a few bad ones a while back. im not sure if this will help or not but at correct fueling my manifold temp hits 600 and hard use 800 degrees. if your running lean you may well be hitting higher temps but its guesswork without readings. through gentle driving i cant see you hitting 900 degress so i think you may have a faulty kit if its wired properly and calibrated.

Joe Heath
25-04-2010, 20:35

ok thanks for that i cant see it running lean was good for 11 and 12 afr at 10 psi only running 15 now. All connections are good all soldered/crimped, and put seperate earth straight from the battery. Also just looked at the big jim downpipe and if anything my sensor bung is further away from the turbo than in the pic. maybe unit but have already replaced both parts! what is the difference between the lc1 and lm1?

car.crash
25-04-2010, 20:39
lm1 is the portable kit, lc1 had the in car gauge. if the sensor is in a big jim downpipe it will be far enough from the turbo.

Joe Heath
02-05-2010, 19:11

I have emailed innovate and explained what was happening and they wrote back saying the sensor is way too close to the turbo. They recommend 3ft away from the turbo. How close does everyone else run theirs? Is it possible that my charge temperature is not cool enough entering the engine as i only run a pace standard capacity intercooler? Can you measure charge temp? thanks joe

HULK
02-05-2010, 19:14

I have emailed innovate and explained what was happening and they wrote back saying the sensor is way too close to the turbo. They recommend 3ft away from the turbo. How close does everyone else run theirs? Is it possible that my charge temperature is not cool enough entering the engine as i only run a pace standard capacity intercooler? Can you measure charge temp? thanks joe

They are fobbing you off there mate, everyone mounts the sensor in the downpipe which is around 10-12 inchs from the turbo

SCHWARTZ
02-05-2010, 19:40
mines mounted in the downpipe about the same distance as yours with no probs (touch wood) mines also mounted at 12 o'clock which they say not to do due to condensation just a big cop out if you ask me. lots of people have had probs with these lc-1 units tho. I was also running the same intercooler as you with no probs with the sensor.