PDA

View Full Version : engine problem

rennie5gtt
11-10-2008, 14:10
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi all.

I was still drivening car till today ,as I was thinking it was the alternator belt as that is the sort of nosie a was hearing wineing,
but change that and it is still there ,so arter looking for the noise, it seem to be coming from the engine , as when I take the oil cap of noise goes soon as it back on noise is back , was now going to the pod gutted.
any idea of what could be coursing this.

Thanks Dan.

dave j gtt
11-10-2008, 14:13
:bla::goodJob: brickwall am off:burnrubber:

rennie5gtt
11-10-2008, 14:17

???????????

dave j gtt
11-10-2008, 14:25
when i read a moment ago all the topic said was i :confused::laugh:

havnt a clue about the noise sorry mate , some will know tho ;) :)

fishead
11-10-2008, 15:09

check the breather system

rennie5gtt
11-10-2008, 15:37

I have been looking at that,
but just cannot see anything wrong with it,at the min,
I just started it with one of them off, and it does not do it, had the one off from,the carb to the t piece, think the problem is there somewere,
It has been at the garage for a weeks getting mot,didnt really make much noise before I took it a little bit?

Nick k
11-10-2008, 17:25

I have been looking at that,
but just cannot see anything wrong with it,at the min,
I just started it with one of them off, and it does not do it, had the one off from,the carb to the t piece, think the problem is there somewere,
It has been at the garage for a weeks getting mot,didnt really make much noise before I took it a little bit?

Last time i heard this type of noise described the restrictor was missing out the t piece that goes to the carb. check that.

Brigsy
11-10-2008, 17:36

Last time i heard this type of noise described the restrictor was missing out the t piece that goes to the carb. check that.

:agree: I had the same problem years ago, restrictor was missing, also check the hose for splits.

dave j gtt
11-10-2008, 21:14
sounds like a garage might want your car ,sad but it happens :( . i trust no-one with my car. do somthing little "make a big deal" and "rips you off" springs to mind.

request someone to put a diagram of the standard oil breather system and get it all up to sratch.

Scoff
11-10-2008, 21:51
sounds like a garage might want your car ,sad but it happens :( . i trust no-one with my car. do somthing little "make a big deal" and "rips you off" springs to mind.

request someone to put a diagram of the standard oil breather system and get it all up to sratch.

diagrams should be in the files section, maybe in paul's dialogys section.

dave j gtt
12-10-2008, 00:25
just checked that ones missing.http://www.rtoc.org/files/index.php?path=Renault%20Diaolgy/Renault%205/

tom t
12-10-2008, 15:02
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carolyn.casey1/start.html

antipollution section m8

rennie5gtt
12-10-2008, 22:27

Thanks all
still not sorted it, to pissed of with it really,
gutted about not making it the pod,
will try sort it out this week some time , I will let you no how I get on.