PDA

View Full Version : i phone 4g

asbo
19-04-2010, 14:10
any one know when the new i phone 4g is comeing out? on the internet it says different days any body have a more reliable source in the phone world?

Trevhib
19-04-2010, 14:26
No dates but latest news:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/17/iphone-4g-is-this-it/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/194493/alleged_nextgen_iphone_4g_photos_spark_debate.html

My advice - go with a HTC Desire. Better than 3GS and already free with certain contracts.

Tech radar vote it the first real phone to be better than an Iphone and they can hardly find a thing bad to say about it.

asbo
19-04-2010, 14:43
thanks for the information looking into it now :agree:

dangerous dave
19-04-2010, 16:09
i read loads and loads to see what i should do as my 18 months was up in late jan.. everything you read and see youtube vids is little to do with apple, most people are just saying what i might have, what it might look like, and what network it might be on...

one site just said its unlikely to be called 4g as thats the network and not the phone, the last phone was a phase 2 of the second gen phone so calling it a 4g or 4th gen would be wrong.. also read that 3g wont be good enough as they want to make it faster and run more data so what network gets it i dont know..

im on the fence, i take everything i see or read with a shaker full of salt.. apple are very good at only letting the details hit the media close to the release of a product.. i'll wait till summer and see what come out, theres not point dreaming till its out. :)

Spooky
19-04-2010, 16:17
Apple have had some details of the phone spec leaked. I'll try and find out where I read about it.

The latest handset is meant to be VERY good...

Trevhib
19-04-2010, 16:41
I'll be interested to see if Apple attend to the biggest concerns I have with the current phone. Namely:

- No flash content on the web. This is a right bummer and what's worse, Apple's app dev rules, unless they are changed, wont allow flash for this phone, the next or ever. They have to attend to this but I don't think it's going to happen this year.

- No camera flash/light.

- You're married to Itunes for your media.

- The iphone, according to review, doesn't perform well when picking back up a network connection after it's been dropped out of range.

Note that until the Desire (my brother has one), I'd have still said the Apple is the best kit out there.

m5tt
19-04-2010, 16:45
:disagree: Ive just bought an iphone 3gs for £450 , :wasntme: always happens to me

And yeah good point why the hell has the iphone not got a flash :confused:

The new Bill J
19-04-2010, 17:01
The thing that annoys me most about my iPhone is that the ring is so quiet. I can barely hear it when it's in my pocket and I'm working :mad:

Big Steve - Raider
19-04-2010, 17:02
...and I'm working

:laugh::laugh::laugh::wasntme:

The new Bill J
19-04-2010, 17:03
:laugh::laugh::laugh::wasntme:

Pipe down princess :cooter:

sphinX
19-04-2010, 17:04
Get the HTC desire, its an absolutely brilliant phone! If you don't believe me look into it. Untouchable

dangerous dave
19-04-2010, 17:09
i find some of these other phones do it all and are great, but they feel tacky when you compare it to the solid lump of iphone, it feels like £400, others feel more like £20..

m5tt
19-04-2010, 17:48
applications are soo addictive though. Has anyone else found this aswell :laugh:

Adam L
19-04-2010, 18:07
I've got an upgrade due and the HTC Desire if free on it. I was waiting for the Nokia 5800 to come in stock, which I read was quite good.

I'm hardly a phone buff, i've always used it for texts or calls, but seeing everyone I know with a nice phone nowadays has got me wanting one.

I can also get the I phone on upgrade too...

Lomo
19-04-2010, 18:19
My upgrade isnt until November but the boffin at Vodafone told me my patience will be rewarded as Voda will be getting the new iPhone upon launch...Mid summer apparently....How true that is god only knows....:coffee: