PDA

View Full Version : Mashed up A/C jet

Logg
19-04-2010, 10:56
Morning people..... :)
Right I've managed to mash up the A/C jet in my carb from trying to take it out. :cry:

Is there any way to get it out or is my Carb now just scrap? :scratch:

HULK
19-04-2010, 11:59
Soak it in wd40 over night. Then use a dremmel to make another groove at the top of the jet then remove with a flat head screw driver to remove. Make sure you push down very hard on the screw driver

scratcher
19-04-2010, 12:00
How about a small stud extractor? Just watching out for the swarf that it might kick off.

Brigsy
19-04-2010, 12:09
Drill it out & change the emulsion tube mate, carb will require a good clean to remove swarf though.

Logg
19-04-2010, 12:13
mmmmmm bugger think I'll just build up another carb :cry:

James5
19-04-2010, 12:19
How about a small stud extractor? Just watching out for the swarf that it might kick off.

Personally I would be tempted to remove /strip everything else from the carb body itself jets, gaskets, etc ... in order to eliminate swarf contamination and be thinking about drilling the jet out. Once drilled it may have made it come loose but be prepared to remove the complete emulsion tube (pulls out with a little force :)) and replace it from another carb (if damaged)obviously a/c jet will be knackered so another would be required. If the a/c jet come's out without damaging the emulsion tube just source another a/c jet or it maybe be possible to re-tap the emulsion tube if required.

James5
19-04-2010, 12:20
Personally I would be tempted to remove /strip everything else from the carb body itself jets, gaskets, etc ... in order to eliminate swarf contamination and be thinking about drilling the jet out. Once drilled it may have made it come loose but be prepared to remove the complete emulsion tube (pulls out with a little force :)) and replace it from another carb (if damaged)obviously a/c jet will be knackered so another would be required. If the a/c jet come's out without damaging the emulsion tube just source another a/c jet or it maybe be possible to re-tap the emulsion tube if required.

Feck me just seen Brigsy's post:laugh: must refresh more often:laugh: